PDA

View Full Version : Bachelorette Season 8--Emily Maynard (SPOILERS!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Catherine M
04-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Since its less than a month to go till the 8th season of this wonderful show starts on May 14th, I thought I start our thread to follow Emily's search for true love. As for where she is in her journey, The home-town dates will be filmed over the next week or so.

Between Reality Steve and Wetpaint, Emily's season is being spoiled pretty well in real time.

I don't want to mess up the thread with lots of black bars so if anyone has any specific questions, let me know via PM.

Sadly, the filming locations are not tropical in nature. Back to Europe for the most part with a short stay in Bermuda a few weeks ago.

Catherine M
04-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Reality Steve has Emily's final four up on his blog this morning.

For those that don't read, Steve is even picking the final 1 based on who is in the final 4 and I have to agree.

Arie Luyendyk Jr, whose dad won the Indy 500 two times and whose ex-girlfriend is one of the main bachelor producers is the one RS and I are predicting to "win", mainly cause Emily sure has a history of dating race car drivers, athletes, etc. Her history is full of guys like Arie. Like she's going to give up a chance to be with a son of the major players in the racing world. Either that or he is being set up as the next Bachelor.

Three no names with no chance are Jeff from Utah, Sean from Dallas (an ex college football player that has done some fitness modeling and has great abs) and Chris from Chicago.

The preshow favorite on NewFORT, Ryan went out before Prague.

So there you go. Will be interesting to see if Arie is indeed the "winner"!

Jenny
04-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Any word on who's in for sure for Bachelor Pad? Haven't they filmed in May for the past two years?

Catherine M
04-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Any word on who's in for sure for Bachelor Pad? Haven't they filmed in May for the past two years?

No nothing yet on who will be cast for Bachelor Pad 3. I believe the filming begins in early June but so far no date has been announced by Steve or Fleiss on when things will get started.

One of Steve's sources is rumored to be Erica Rose so I'm assuming once things get settled with the casting of BP3, he'll find out from her and let us all know.

PeterG
04-19-2012, 06:53 PM
I went to abc.com to see pictures of Emily's bachelors. Everything there is of Ashley Hebert and her guys. Way to be on the ball, ABC! :lol:

I don't want to mess up the thread with lots of black bars so if anyone has any specific questions, let me know via PM.

I love your black bars! MORE BLACK BARS!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: :respec: :cheer: :40beers: :D

Catherine M
04-19-2012, 07:10 PM
ABC is always late with releasing the official list of the guys. I guess they have to wait till most are back in their real lives to release the news. Since 21 are done, its almost time. The official release, with the AWFUL ABC mugshot photos will be on Monday, May 4th during DWTS.

From Reality Steve and NewFORT, I've seen about 15 of the 25 guys identified. There is some real nice eye candy so hopefully we will enjoy Emily's journey towards finding the next race car driver in her life. Even after a billion years of this show, it was still sorta surprising to learn that Fleiss would cast a ringer like Arie! Those other 24 guys never stood a chance!

Rob
04-19-2012, 07:24 PM
There is some real nice eye candy so hopefully we will enjoy Emily's journey towards finding the next race car driver in her life. Even after a billion years of this show, it was still sorta surprising to learn that Fleiss would cast a ringer like Arie! Those other 24 guys never stood a chance!

Google for his photo. A race car driver and really cute. For sure, no-one else stood a chance. Not sure why he'd want to do this show though unless it was to become the next Bachelor.

Catherine M
04-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Google for his photo. A race car driver and really cute. For sure, no-one else stood a chance. Not sure why he'd want to do this show though unless it was to become the next Bachelor.

With Arie's connection to Cassie Edwards, the producer who he dated a few years ago, he could have been cast as the next potential bachelor or maybe he told Cassie "hey, I really like what I saw of Emily and would like to meet her, can I get on the show?"

One thing for sure, looking at the other three guys who are left and knowing how Emily loves the rich and famous, the other 24 guys were toast the minute Cassie cast her ex and he stepped out of the limo. Hope the others enjoyed their free booze and trip around the world and male bonding. And all the potential hook ups the reunion circuit.

If Arie does indeed end up as final 1, I'll be watching to see if any of the others in the final 4 are potential Bachelors. on paper, not so much but then Ben wasn't either. Or maybe this lawsuit will finally end the Brad cycle and we will get a new minority lead.

Jenny
04-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Given the previous connection of this guy to the show, and of course Emily's, one wonders if they've finally just given in and set the whole thing up. Maybe they met before the show (how wouldn't they? If you knew both Emily and this guy as the producer apparently does, wouldn't you set them up?), and they just built the show around it.

Not really a stretch, as in recent seasons and I'm sure in the past, the winner is picked pretty much in the first couple of days, and then the rest is just going through the motions. Ali was even rumoured to know Roberto before the show. The guys may or may not be in on it, but who cares as how many really go on this thing to find love? It's a decent temporary job with a helluva lot of perks, plus of course it's one big audition for the next season and BP, and a ticket to all the reunions. There are many reasons to do the show, and winning is in many cases not the desired prize.

They could even spin it, were it to come out, as "Emily's journey to be sure she got it right this time."

Catherine M
04-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Good points, Jenny.

If Arie and Emily had met before and it becomes known, all ABC has to do it spin it "hey, look how happy she and little Ricki are after all they have gone through". People will eat that up.

Now after all this, watch one of the unknowns end up final 1. Which I doubt as I can't see Miss "I live in this huge house and am part of racing royalty" Emily being happy with any of the 20-something dudes that are barely employed.

PeterG
04-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Out of curiosity, who are we blocking out all our thoughts for? I would imagine anyone reading this thread one month before the premiere has even aired, that they're opening this thread to find some SPOILERS!!! :D

Catherine M
04-23-2012, 04:19 PM
So what is the consensus, black bars or not as I have a couple of more tidbits about the final four.

I'll wait a bit before posting as I personally can't stand the black bars but will understand.

Jenny
04-23-2012, 04:26 PM
My guess is that most of us are spoiling - even if you weren't spoiling last season, the tabloids were anyway and I'd be amazed if anyone was surprised by the outcome. Perhaps you can ask the glorious admins to note in the subject line that the thread contains spoilers, just in case?

Catherine M
04-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Ok, here's the latest from Reality Steve and some other stuff posted on NewFORT. I'll black bar it till we get "SPOILERS" added to the title:

Chris had his hometown date on Friday in Chicago.

Jef (one f only; someone needs to introduce him to Lindzi) hometown was yesterday at his parents ranch in Utah; parents are big Mormon Missionaries so very interested in seeing how they react on this hometown date and their son being on a show were booze is the main accessory!

Arie's hometown is Tuesday in Arizona. Has twin brothers so hopefully they'll make an appearance.

Sean will have the last hometown on Thursday in the Dallas metroplex area.

Reality Steve says he has heard that the fantasy dates and finale will be in Spain.

Oh, if you have seen the promo with the teaser of the helicopter landing and the voice over saying "is it Brad or Bentley". Its not. Its Kalon, BFF of Erica Rose who I believe leaves on his own during the show and I guess will end up being Steve's main source via Erica.

PeterG
04-23-2012, 09:53 PM
My guess is that most of us are spoiling - even if you weren't spoiling last season, the tabloids were anyway and I'd be amazed if anyone was surprised by the outcome. Perhaps you can ask the glorious admins to note in the subject line that the thread contains spoilers, just in case?

Excellent idea! :40beers: