PDA

View Full Version : Bachelorette Season 8--Emily Maynard (SPOILERS!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Catherine M
06-06-2012, 04:16 AM
OK, I know I am out of the loop, but wasn' t Emily picked and given ring by former bachelor? Please fill me in!

Yes she got engaged to Brad in November of 2010; by May of 2011 they had broken up. Once the series started airing, she couldn't deal with seeing Brad with runner up Chantal plus she realized Brad and her just wasn't going to work.

The break up was too late to cast her for the 2011 bachelorette season (Ashley Hebert got the lead instead) but Fleiss kept after Emily all last fall and she finally agreed to do the show, with the stipulation that it would film partly in North Carolina and that Ricki would be able to travel with her. So now she's back, looking for love on TV and potentially getting engaged for the second time in 18 months. We don't know from the spoilers yet if she and the final 1 (rumored to be Jef) are engaged or not.

talldrink
06-06-2012, 04:29 AM
wow, and here I was just living my life and I was completely unaware, ha! Thanks for update!

Rob
06-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Roberto would be perfect, and I bet that Ali will make some kind of appearance like MeAnna. They can have Roberto up next and then Arie next year.

Any news on next Bachelorette after Emily - no-one from Ben's season in the running? I am finding Emily a bit boring actually so I am looking forward to her outburst next week.

Catherine M
06-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Nothing on who could be in the running for the next Bachelorette. I'd say Ali but she's now associated with NBC, not ABC so I don't think she'd risk her budding career to go back.

Maybe someone will catch Fleiss' eye after the Bachelor Pad is over with. Its a long way to filming begins in March of 2013.

People magazine has an article up about the possibility of Roberto being the Bachelor. They are going with "he's on the list" but nothing concrete yet. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Filming isn't until September so things could change over the summer. I do think the ladies will be falling all over themselves for a chance with Roberto so I'm hoping it will be him, just for the trainwreck potential of this season.

Jenny
06-06-2012, 07:13 PM
People magazine has an article up about the possibility of Roberto being the Bachelor. They are going with "he's on the list" but nothing concrete yet. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Filming isn't until September so things could change over the summer. I do think the ladies will be falling all over themselves for a chance with Roberto so I'm hoping it will be him, just for the trainwreck potential of this season.

US Weekly is quoting a "source" who says he's not interested. They've approached him, but he doesn't want to do it.

Could just be negotiation tactics on his part, or more likely Fleiss planting a story or two to measure reaction before he makes his decision.

heckles
06-06-2012, 08:29 PM
People magazine has an article up about the possibility of Roberto being the Bachelor. They are going with "he's on the list" but nothing concrete yet.

If they're going to recycle old cast members for The Bachelor, they should use Jeremy from Deanna's season, if he's still single. Don't know why she ditched him for that snowboarding dork.

Catherine M
06-06-2012, 08:39 PM
If they're going to recycle old cast members for The Bachelor, they should use Jeremy from Deanna's season, if he's still single. Don't know why she ditched him for that snowboarding dork.

I believe Jeremy feels like the whole Bachelor experience is not good for his law career so I doubt he'd ever be on the show again. Notice that he hasn't done either Bachelor Pad seasons either, despite being one of the better known ex-contestants.

Still waiting for more Bachelor Pad contestant news. The only thing I read today was that Ben & Courtney were asked to do the show as a couple but they said no thanks.

heckles
06-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Notice that he hasn't done either Bachelor Pad seasons either, despite being one of the better known ex-contestants.

Oh man, he would suck at Bachelor Pad. He does not seem the type to slather himself with Wesson and play Twister. Not that The Bachelor is always the ultimate in good taste.

Catherine M
06-07-2012, 07:10 PM
US Weekly is quoting a "source" who says he's not interested. They've approached him, but he doesn't want to do it.

Could just be negotiation tactics on his part, or more likely Fleiss planting a story or two to measure reaction before he makes his decision.

Reality Steve has his new blog out today and he is saying that he is 1000% sure that Roberto is the next bachelor. That the contract has been signed.

Take that for what its worth but I've never known Steve to be wrong about who the next lead will be. Won't get anything official till Emily's season is done airing in Mid-July.

Makes sense with the lawsuit pending against Fleiss about the lack of minorities that he would have Roberto as his next lead. I am surprised that Roberto would leave his insurance agency and go off-line for 6-8 weeks. I guess the guaranteed money makes up for that!

Catherine M
06-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Forgot he had more info on Bachelor Pad 3 Casting:

Definitely in:
Reid
Ed
Blakeley
Jaclyn
Nick Peterson
Kalon McMahon
Michael Stagliano

Chris (who goes out at final 4) might be on. The rest are all rumors still. Hopes to have the full cast soon. He was off on filming schedule, everyone arrives this weekend and filming begins on Monday, June 11.

Rob
06-07-2012, 08:40 PM
REID!!!!!!

Catherine M
06-07-2012, 09:09 PM
REID!!!!!!

Ya'll are all invited over to my house for Reid's return to TV!!

Till this day, I'll never understand him passing up being the Bachelor. Could have parlayed that into more TV work.

And interesting that 3 of Jillian's guys are on the show. Such a good season, probably my favorite Bachelorette, even if she did turn all dumb and stick with Ed.

Jenny
06-07-2012, 09:13 PM
And interesting that 3 of Jillian's guys are on the show. Such a good season, probably my favorite Bachelorette, even if she did turn all dumb and stick with Ed.

Indeed - that's the first season I watched, and since then I've pretty much only kept track so that I know the cast of BP :P

Rob
06-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Ya'll are all invited over to my house for Reid's return to TV!!

Till this day, I'll never understand him passing up being the Bachelor. Could have parlayed that into more TV work.

I know - but he was sooooo heartbroken after it was soooo haaaaaard for him to open up on his journey to make a connection with Jillian. But it can't have hurt his real estate career. He turned it down before he met Miss USA though, didn't he?

Catherine M
06-08-2012, 01:09 AM
I know - but he was sooooo heartbroken after it was soooo haaaaaard for him to open up on his journey to make a connection with Jillian. But it can't have hurt his real estate career. He turned it down before he met Miss USA though, didn't he?

Yes, I'm pretty sure Miss USA came after he turned Fleiss down and Fleiss had to turn to Jake as his third choice. It will be interesting to see if the ladies on Bachelor pad go after him.

My plans for the evening fell through so I'm home watching "Take Me Out" on FOX. looks like its an epic trainwreck!