PDA

View Full Version : Bachelorette Season 8--Emily Maynard (SPOILERS!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

taf2002
05-21-2012, 07:42 PM
I found the black contestant one of the most attractive guys there, both in looks & in personality. I was surprised he didn't even make the 1st cut.

Catherine M
05-21-2012, 08:24 PM
The last black person to make it far was Marshawna during Matt the Brit's season. I think she went out at final 6. Since then, nothing, especially during Bachelorette Seasons.

At least Fleiss tried mixing things up this year with a couple of hispanic guys and the black guy that left on night one but of course none of them were Emily's type.

Rob
05-21-2012, 09:32 PM
I found the black contestant one of the most attractive guys there, both in looks & in personality.

I thought so too.

Roxanne
05-22-2012, 02:13 AM
Is anyone watching?

I don't think Ryan is good looking at all.

ks777
05-22-2012, 02:38 AM
I found the black contestant one of the most attractive guys there, both in looks & in personality. I was surprised he didn't even make the 1st cut.

Maybe she wasn't attracted to him at all? Or she isn't attracted to black guys?

Lacey
05-22-2012, 03:07 AM
So, doesn't the final choice have to be someone from the area around her, or someone willing to move across country to her? I thought that was the problem with her and Brad, that he was Texas and she wanted to stay in NC so Ricki could be close to grandparents.

heckles
05-22-2012, 03:21 AM
What's interesting about this show is that they used to have a few token black people (who all got voted off pretty quickly) but in recent years, they haven't even bothered with the token people!

There was already a show about a black guy surrounded by dozens of black women: Soul Train.

taf2002
05-22-2012, 03:33 AM

Maybe so. It's just that the other guys she let go were kind of bland...anyway they didn't make any kind of impression on me. The black guy did...I thought he was handsome & sexy & well-spoken & he seemed so nice.

ssminnow
05-22-2012, 03:36 AM
that's Emily's mother?!

Rob
05-22-2012, 03:45 AM
Chris looks like Evil Bert.

dbell1
05-22-2012, 04:10 AM
Coming up next week on The Bachelorette: Barbie goes wild and tosses eggs. :lol:

Jenny
05-22-2012, 02:20 PM
West is back! http://awl-westsidestories.blogspot.ca/

Catherine M
05-22-2012, 03:43 PM
West's blog is the best thing about this season.

Maybe I have Bachelor/ette fatigue but I watched last night while reading a book. Maybe once the herd thins out and Emily and company hit the road, I'll perk up. But right now I'm just biding my time till Bachelor Pad 3 comes on!!

Catherine M
05-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Reality Steve is up with his blog.

I'll fess, I like Steve; the only time I don't is when he's yammering on about his lawsuit but if I read that dribble with one eye, all is good.

Anyway, nothing too major to report. Random tidbits:

Joe, who was kicked to the curb last night on his date was this season's "guy with a girlfriend at home". Steve has a nice picture of him and his girlfriend Kathleen up. I guess since Kalon is this season's villain, Joe was dropped early on.

the recap of the Muppet date had me laughing out loud. Note to self: close office door next time!

Thursday's blog is going to be all about Arie. Steve is way too giddy about all the dirt he has on Arie but I have to admit, I'm going to pop some popcorn at work when the blog goes live!

PeterG
05-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Joe, who was kicked to the curb last night on his date was this season's "guy with a girlfriend at home".

Interesting, I thought Emily sent him home too early. I could see her being undecided about him, but sending Joe home before sending home Stevie, whose life seems to revolve around Kalon? Plus I wonder about these people who have "girlfriends" back home. I wonder if the girlfriend is someone they broke up with a year ago, but remain friends and perhaps have sex sometimes. If somebody says they are single, how are we to know there isn't someone from their past who is trying to burn them by saying they are coupled? abc.com says that Joe is a "Field Energy Advisor". It's not like his being on the show will move his career further...

There was already a show about a black guy surrounded by dozens of black women: Soul Train.

Yes, and once television has covered one them, they never repeat it! :D

Could be. Just like Ben was not attracted to black or asian or indian women. And Ashley was not attracted to black or asian or indian men. And Brad was not attracted to black or asian or indian women. And so on. And so on. And so on... :lol: