PDA

View Full Version : Bachelorette Season 8--Emily Maynard (SPOILERS!)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Cruella
05-04-2012, 02:50 PM
One other piece of news in Bachelor land:

Chris Harrison has split from his wife of 19 years.

Maybe he should be the next Bachelor!

Hmmm... Didn't crazy Roslyn suggest that Chris had been guilty of :grope: on one of the WTA shows? I wonder if there was any truth to that.

Catherine M
05-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Hmmm... Didn't crazy Roslyn suggest that Chris had been guilty of :grope: on one of the WTA shows? I wonder if there was any truth to that.

Yeah she accused him of inappropriate behavior but of course Chris denied it.

Got this from an gossipy article back in 2010 about the incident:

"I talk to this producer, the fact that you are friends is news to him. He didn’t get a friendly vibe when you were hitting on his wife last year in New Zealand!”

According to Rozlyn, Chris reacted poorly to her accusations. “He did not stomach it very well. He tried to play it off at first but you could tell he was pissed.”

The 28-year-old vixen says her time on stage abruptly ended after she accused Harrison, who is married, of hitting on Ryan Callahan’s wife (who dumped him).

Chris is a pretty well known so I'm sure the Tabloids will be sniffing out anything big related to the break up.

Interesting that they have been broken up for awhile but the news is just breaking now, 10 days before Emily's season airs. I guess Fleiss dropped the news for extra publicity!

Jenny
05-04-2012, 05:05 PM
US Weekly is already putting the two stories together:
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/chris-harrison-splits-from-wife-gwen-after-18-years-201235

PeterG
05-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Interesting that they have been broken up for awhile but the news is just breaking now, 10 days before Emily's season airs. I guess Fleiss dropped the news for extra publicity!

:( He wouldn't do THAT would he??

sk9tingfan
05-04-2012, 07:39 PM
:( He wouldn't do THAT would he??

Fleiss is the human version of the Exxon Valdeez :rolleyes:

Catherine M
05-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Chris Harrison is out with his six to watch in EW. I don't have a link yet to the article but the six named are:

Kalon, arrives the 1st night in a rented Helicopter. This is Erica Rose's BFF so I'm not surprised he did that
Jef, one f only please! Arrives on a skateboard; guess he didn't get the memo to go big or go home. Actually since we know he made final 3, seems like he has lots of potential
Arie, who is there for all the wrong reasons, according to Reality Steve
Doug, our single father first impression rose receiver
Alesandro, from Brazil
Ryan Bowers, the guy who gets the 1st date

Normally the final 1 isn't in the "who to watch list". I think the only winners who have been listed have been Shayne in Matt's season (and the fix was in that year) and Emily herself.

So is Sean, who isn't listed the frontrunner!?!

Edited to add

Found the link:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20592269,00.html

And one more winner to add to the list who has made Chris' "ones to watch": Miss Courtney so I'm guessing that the trend of the winner not appearing in the "ones to watch" is no more.

PeterG
05-05-2012, 04:11 AM
Arie, who is there for all the wrong reasons, according to Reality Steve

Oh no! :eek: How did he get through??? :(

Catherine M
05-06-2012, 02:32 PM
One of the mods over at NewFORT has heard that the final 2 guys are Jef and Sean.

If true, I'm kinda surprised that Arie wasn't the last one standing but in a way, I can understand how the whole him being an ex of Cassie the producer would be a turnoff. Will he be edited as a possible lead for the next Bachelor?!?

Sean is a total darkhorse as from the caps from the extended preview shown during DWTS, it was decided by the gang on NewFORT that he only had 1 one on one date before Hometown dates. That's not alot of time with Emily. Could Jef, this year's "funny guy" be the one who gets the final rose!?!? Stay tune!

dbell1
05-07-2012, 12:43 AM
If Emily boots the millionaire's son before the F2 because of the producer connection, then she's a smarter woman than I thought. Of course, she dumped Brad, so there's some brains there. :lol:

Catherine M
05-09-2012, 03:57 PM
The main moderator on NewFORT is saying that Jef is the final 1. And there is some chatter going on that the typical ending did not take place. Maybe Emily pulled an Ali and sent Sean home early.

I can see Jef being final 1. Sean only had one on one date before hometown's and no one has gone on to "win" with just one date. He must have been her "easy to drop at the final 2" guy! Thanks Emily cause Sean's abs are great eye candy!

Season sets up nicely for Fleiss. Gets Arie to the final 3 as a potential Bachelor and people will be happy for Emily that she picks the nice, funny guy who arrived on a skateboard.

Cynical Catherine gives Jef & Emily to Thanksgiving! Canadian or American, doesn't matter, they'll be done sometime this fall!

Catherine M
05-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Just a reminder that Emily's journey begins tonight.

I have plans so I won't be able to watch in real time. Not sure when I'll be able to catch the episode, probably later in the week.

Looking forward to seeing how Fleiss edits the lead characters like crying Chris, Arie, the rumored final 1 Jef, and the early fan favorite on NewFORT, Ryan Bowers.

Have fun watching!

Jenny
05-15-2012, 02:12 PM
"It's so nahce ta meetchoo!"

*barf*

I tuned in to see the guys only - what a long drawn out boring process! I bet the producers actually come up with some of that crap just to mix it up a little.

Did they use the same sound loop every time the limo pulled up and you could "hear" the guys inside saying how gorgeous she looked? Because they certainly seemed to use the same shot of Emily looking over her shoulder and turning to see the next guy. Granted, the dress looked better from the back than the front - maybe it was a deal with the designer :P

Chris really lays it on thick in his blog this week:

Emily is so unlike any other Bachelorette we’ve ever had so we really needed to think outside the box to make the show look and feel as special as she is.

*double barf*

And clearly does not like Kalon - stone cold!

The big controversy during the arrivals was Kalon flying in on the chopper. To be honest it was kind of a small, janky little helicopter as far as Bachelor standards are concerned.

Catherine M
05-15-2012, 02:42 PM
I caught the last bit of the show last night, after I got home from the movies.

Since I didn't watch Brad 2.0, I didn't see Emily in her season as a Bachelor contestant so for me its a big pile of meh, her looking for the love of her life on TV. To me she seems the worst bachelorette (Even worse than Jen) and I'm really not sure why Fleiss and Harrison are gushing all over the place about her. I guess after Ben's horrendous season they are desperate to drum up viewership. Or they are delusional and really do think she's the best bachelorette EVER!

I'll stick with the season, just to see the man tears and the guys pretending to fall in love, all the while just biding their time till they can hit the reunion circuit. And drinking all the free booze.

Catherine M
05-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Reality Steve has a new blog up this morning.

Some tidbits:

Final 3 of Sean, Jef and Arie were sequestered and All came home at the same time. I guess once RS broke the news in real time who the final 3 were, Fleiss decided to keep all three together. Will be interesting to see if Steve comes out with the same winner as the gang over at NewFORT. As of right now, Steve has not confirmed the outcome after Chris left at final 4.

Emily broke tradition and there weren't "fantasy" dates in Curacao. Not surprised that she did that. Don't want to upset Grandma & Grandpa Hendricks, who pay for everything!

Steve's recap of the episode was pretty funny. I still enjoy his snarky take on this show!

PeterG
05-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm looking forward to the helicopter bungee jumping episode tonight. ;)

Found an article about the whiter-than-white aspects of this series. (By the way, did the black gentleman make it through last week?) Here is the article (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/05/21/the-bachelor-and-bachelorette-inside-the-racial-discrimination-lawsuit.html). I especially like this line:

A Newsweek headline from February 2010 wondered, “A Black President Before a Black Bachelor?”

What's interesting about this show is that they used to have a few token black people (who all got voted off pretty quickly) but in recent years, they haven't even bothered with the token people!