PDA

View Full Version : Bachelorette Season 8--Emily Maynard (SPOILERS!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

PeterG
07-12-2012, 05:46 AM
Maybe Jeff is a scientologiest.

That sounds interesting. Is that being discussed in any FSU threads of late?

Catherine M
07-12-2012, 04:10 PM
I didn't see it as I don't have cable but E! News ran a story last night that

1. one of the guys (I'm assuming Arie) took himself out of the running at the end
2. Emily was VERY interested in the financial status of all the guys; this bodes with the $$$$$$$$$ I saw in her eyes when she got a look see at Jef's family ranch plus he's a millionaire
3. She was a demanding diva on set
4. Contrary to reports, Chris Harrison is not interested in Emily; he actually couldn't stand her by the end of filming

I don't believe #1 but do firmly believe #2, 3 and 4!

Jenny
07-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Like Chris, US seems to have turned on her part way through the season - at first it was breathless reports about her quest for love, but lately it's story after story about her diva/golddigging ways:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/emily-maynard-hopes-to-score-her-own-tv-gig-2012117

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelorette-emily-maynard-disses-chris-harrison-2012107

Any idea on what the ratings are? And have opinions changed among the hardcore fans on the internet? It's sounding like her career and prospects for a rich husband were better when she was the poor broken hearted single/widowed mom, rather than what she seems to be now.

Catherine M
07-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Hardcore fans on NewFORT think that Jemily is the greatest couple EVER from this show. That they have found true love forever. There are of course some skeptics but most think wedding bells will be peeling for Jef & Emily very soon.

Ratings have been ok. Fleiss keeps thanking everyone on twitter for the good ratings so the suits at ABC must be happy. It does win its time slot for the all important 19-45 group that advertisers love.

Jenny
07-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Meh. Just read Chris' latest blog and he's still towing the party line about her journey, and West's last blog was late June and he still seems to like her too, but did make a plastic surgery jab, and one about Ricki being nowhere to be found.

Also, West has referenced a girlfriend several times, and while that's never been an issue for "bachelors" on the show, he seems like a good guy and thus would not do BP because of it.

Are any of the guys from his season on? Because then he might be more inclined to keep up with his blog.

Catherine M
07-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Nick is the only guy from Ashley's season on Bachelor Pad 3. If you don't remember him, he was the personal trainer from florida that looks great without a shirt but never said anything to Ashley. He seems friendly with the guys from his season so West might be interested in covering the show.

Real life girlfriends have kept a couple of more notable guys from doing Bachelor Pad. I know toe loving Tanner from Jillian's season was asked to do both seasons but he said no cause of someone back home. Seems like some of the guys hit the reunion circuit hard--looking at you Man Code Dave and Jesse Kovacs while others just retreat back to normal dating patterns. Lucas, who made it Ashley's final 6 just got engaged to the girl he started dating when he got home from filming (I know all this sh*t cause of twitter).

luna_skater
07-12-2012, 06:30 PM
I think your link is broken, but the same interview is here (http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/articles/the-bachelorettes-jef-holm-on-whether-or-not-hes-mormon-and-how-faith-fits-into-his-life).

Jef says:

Oh, oops! Corrected the link in my post. It's a slightly different article. Same jist.

Rafter
07-13-2012, 03:24 PM
I've finally watched all the episodes and would just like to say how annoying I find Emily. She looks so plastic and so much older than her age with all that makeup. I bet she's had numerous surgeries....boob job, teeth, cheek implants, lips. She also had a couple of really bad habits like pursing her lips and saying "ok cool" when a guy responds positively to her questions. Very annoying.

I wonder long-term if any of these guys will actually put up with her. She is extremely high maintenance.

It's interesting to me that she seems so out for the money when it appears her former future in-laws have set her up extremely well. How many 26 year olds live in house like that and that is furnished to the hilt like that?

Rob
07-13-2012, 05:13 PM
She probably doesn't want to be subject to whatever restrictions her in-laws might attach to the $$$$.

I thought she looked a lot older than 24 on Brad 2.0, and she looks much older than 26 now. She really is getting that plastic look. She's constantly licking her front teeth too like she's not used to the caps. :scream:

rudi
07-13-2012, 05:58 PM
I am so proud of myself that I did not watch this season. Really am trying to break away from this show with the same silly stuff season after season. I enjoyed reading your comments here,though, and getting the scoop on Emily and her "journey" and her diva ways.

I plan to tune in for Bachelor Pad, though. I don't want to, but probably won't be able to help myself! Baby steps...

rudi
07-13-2012, 06:10 PM
... the news about Roberto being the next Bachelor...

Ooh...I didn't know about that. Might have to tune in. I think the girls are going to go extra crazy for him. I bet they will get a ton of applicants if it is Roberto. Shoot, if I were about 15 years younger, I would apply myself! :cool:

rudi
07-13-2012, 07:36 PM
... the news about Roberto being the next Bachelor...

Ooh...I didn't know about that. Might have to tune in. I think the women are going to go extra crazy for him. I bet they will get a ton of applicants if it is Roberto. Shoot, if I were about 15 years younger, I might have been one of them! And I would be there for the "right reasons" too! :cool: :lol:

Catherine M
07-17-2012, 02:15 AM
"Men Tell All" is actually entertaining me tonight. Must be because Ryan took his delusional pills before hand and the camera keeps on showing Sean!

Oh and the preview for Bachelor Pad 3 was great! Now we know why Chris got cast: he was willing to swap spit with multiple girls to get over his "heartbreak".

Catherine M
07-17-2012, 03:26 AM
Hmm, I wondering if the big "surprise" for next Sunday night is that Emily has pulled a Mesnick and switched final1/2.

Nah, Its probably something really nothing and all the hype is just to get people to tune in.

Rob
07-17-2012, 04:44 PM
I wonder how Jef will get past the Arie/Emily passion. I do not want Jef as Bachelor. I want Arie as Bachelor.

Re Bachelor Pad, I am really going hate Ed if he gets Reid dumped early.