PDA

View Full Version : Bachelorette Season 8--Emily Maynard (SPOILERS!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22

ks777
07-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Is Arie good looking? He looks weird to me. I think Sean would be a better Bachelor, looks wise.

heckles
07-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Indeed - a race car driver makes much more interesting tv than an insurance agent from San Diego.

Eh, I suppose a race car driver makes for a better show, but if Emily is thinking long-term, the insurance salesman has a steady job and isn't gone 10 months a year.

madm
07-11-2012, 02:37 AM
They haven't discussed his views specifically during airtime. We just know his family lives in Utah, his parents couldn't meet Emily because they are on a mission, his brother was acting like patriarch, the women were very conservatively dressed, and they drank lemonade at lunch. The brother mentioned that Jef was a "free spirit" and Jef has referred to himself as one too. We've seen him with what looks like alcohol in a glass. Last night, he said he'd like to stay with Emily in the fantasy suite, but he realizes that her daughter and his family could see this, and he referred to "bridling of passions," which is a phrase out of the Book of Mormon. This leads us all to believe that the family is Mormon, Jef was raised that way, but Jef doesn't fully buy into it.

Even if Jef doesn't buy into it, there will be tensions among him, Emily and the other family members when they have more children (e.g. baptism, converting to Mormonism, etc). How will Ricki fit in with the other Mormon children? They are bound to ask why she is "different". One would like to think that everyone will be accepting of Emily and Ricki the way they are, but I fear this will not be the case. There are many cases in recent history where people who speak out against Mormonism are outcasts in their own families.

PeterG
07-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Is Arie good looking? He looks weird to me. I think Sean would be a better Bachelor, looks wise.

Weird can be hot. :grope: Plus Arie has a great personality. The clip at the end of last night's episode of him doing take after take was hilarious. It made me like him so much more.

As for Sean...while he does have the look of a Ken doll, he does not have the personality.

Jenny
07-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Eh, I suppose a race car driver makes for a better show, but if Emily is thinking long-term, the insurance salesman has a steady job and isn't gone 10 months a year.

I get the feeling Emily's priorities are different.

Rob
07-11-2012, 03:32 PM
I get the feeling Emily's priorities are different.

Me too, Sean would be the best bet for a normal marriage, but that isn't what she wants.

shan
07-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Sean creeps me out for some reason.

Jenny
07-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Unless possibly it's the race car driver, I'll bet that this doesn't last past Labour Day. It's probably already over, but they need to do the finale and let things die down a bit before it's official.

Catherine M
07-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Unless possibly it's the race car driver, I'll bet that this doesn't last past Labour Day. It's probably already over, but they need to do the finale and let things die down a bit before it's official.

I'm thinking Emily might milk this till the new year's, to make sure she gets lots of coverage in the mags like People. You know she wants another People cover out of all this so she at least she has to have her fake engagement cover to go with the tragic break up one. I guess we'll see in a few months.

Anyone else watching "Love in the Wild"? Word on the net is that all three of the couples who are left are still together four months post filming. I think that's kinda interesting that if you get together a bunch of single people with the idea that couples will happen, real relationships can form.

luna_skater
07-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Jef doesn't consider himself "half-Mormon." He considers himself "inactive" or "non-practicing" according to this (http://okhereisthesituation.com/2012/06/bachelorette-jef-holm-mormon/).

heckles
07-11-2012, 09:04 PM
He considers himself "inactive" or "non-practicing" according to this (http://okhereisthesituation.com/2012/06/bachelorette-jef-holm-mormon/http://).

I think your link is broken, but the same interview is here (http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/articles/the-bachelorettes-jef-holm-on-whether-or-not-hes-mormon-and-how-faith-fits-into-his-life).

Jef says:

And I'm really active, you know, in church and everything. I'm just not active Mormon.

PeterG
07-11-2012, 09:27 PM
And I'm really active, you know, in church and everything. I'm just not active Mormon.

I'm really involved and I go to each and every event. But I don't believe a word they say.

Did I paraphrase correctly? :confused:

Rob
07-11-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm really involved and I go to each and every event. But I don't believe a word they say.

Did I paraphrase correctly? :confused:

:rofl:

heckles
07-11-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm really involved and I go to each and every event.

He might mean that he is active in a church that is not Mormon. His wording is vague.

ks777
07-12-2012, 05:08 AM
Maybe Jeff is a scientologiest.