PDA

View Full Version : Bachelorette Season 8--Emily Maynard (SPOILERS!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Catherine M
06-21-2012, 04:49 PM
I think Chris just likes to make huge, obnoxious statements in the press about who'd make a great bachelor/ette, just to get a reaction and to make sure the show stays on the front page of various tabloids. Both he and Fleiss know the workings of the tabloid press out in Hollywood and they work it to their advantage.

Jenny
06-21-2012, 04:51 PM
I think Chris just likes to make huge, obnoxious statements in the press about who'd make a great bachelor/ette, just to get a reaction and to make sure the show stays on the front page of various tabloids. Both he and Fleiss know the workings of the tabloid press out in Hollywood and they work it to their advantage.

Ding!

Sure makes Chris look stupid though, given that both celebrities - her in particular - seem to be in very happy relationships right now, and both are such huge stars that they'd never do a reality show, let alone one where mactor wannabes and crazies get to date them.

Catherine M
06-21-2012, 06:47 PM
I really think that at the beginning of this show, Fleiss and company did want "famous" people to be the lead. They tried:

A Firestone family heir
NFL football player, all be it a 3rd string QB just looking to get an ESPN gig
A prince, though it was just a minor, minor, minor Italian one that wanted to sell doggy shampoo on TV
An actor, all be it a 5th rate one with hardly any screen credits of note

After PLo's season was such a flop, that's when we see less "famous" people being cast and more "regular" ones. Now we are just in the middle of Brad's linage that seems to have no end in sight if Roberto is indeed the next Bachelor.

Rafter
06-21-2012, 07:56 PM
I really think that at the beginning of this show, Fleiss and company did want "famous" people to be the lead. They tried:

A Firestone family heir
NFL football player, all be it a 3rd string QB just looking to get an ESPN gig
A prince, though it was just a minor, minor, minor Italian one that wanted to sell doggy shampoo on TV
An actor, all be it a 5th rate one with hardly any screen credits of note

After PLo's season was such a flop, that's when we see less "famous" people being cast and more "regular" ones. Now we are just in the middle of Brad's linage that seems to have no end in sight if Roberto is indeed the next Bachelor.

Remind me, who was the actor?

I wouldn't mind if Roberto was the next Bach. He's nice eye candy and seemed like a nice guy.

Catherine M
06-21-2012, 08:39 PM
The actor was Charlie O'Connell, Jerry O'Connell's older brother who was listed as an actor but I think he was more a real estate guy than anything. They trotted out Jerry a few times during the season to make it seem more legit; can't remember if Jerry's wife Rebecca showed up or not.

I liked Charlie's season alot and wish Fleiss would allow more to do what he allowed Charlie to do: date the final 2 in real world and then at a live final rose ceremony, make the decision. But Fleiss wants that big proposal at the end so I doubt Charlie's ending will ever happen again.

Catherine M
06-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Cheryl Burke wants to be the next Bachelorette:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20605953,00.html

Normally I don't approve of cross show pollination but this could work.

PeterG
06-22-2012, 11:35 PM

I would loooooooooooove that! :cheer2: :D :cheer:

barbk
06-23-2012, 12:22 AM

I haven't watched the Bachelorette/Bachelor series (trashy magazines in waiting rooms and threads like this one keep me somewhat up-to-date) but I'd probably turn it on to see her. She's likable, interesting, and not going to put up with a lot of b.s..

Sparks
06-23-2012, 01:09 AM
And she looks like Keauna Mclaughlin's older sister.

ks777
06-23-2012, 01:53 AM
Doesn't she sleep with every dance partner? She is kinda slutty.. I like that.

Rob
06-25-2012, 04:37 PM
I totally vote for Cheryl! Fleiss would be nuts not to take her.

Catherine M
06-25-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm heading out for the night so I'll have to catch tonight's episode tomorrow.

Looking forward to people's reaction over Cassie the producer becoming part of the story line!

Rob
06-26-2012, 07:41 PM
I thought the Chris Harrison narration of the Arie behind the scenes stuff was dumb. So much for the "reality" aspect.

LOL at Emily sitting there tapping her foot steaming about Arie's dates with Cassie and talking about no secrets when (i) he was in the middle of confessing to having another woman's name tattooed on his body, and (ii) she was keeping a secret that she knew about Cassie.

LOL at Sean running up and down the same 2 streets until he miraculously ran into Emily.

The relationship with Jef is definitely building. But did he really say "I want to date you so hard and marry the F out of you." At least I think that is what I heard.

Doug, poor clueless Doug. But did it occur to Emily that he might actually not want his son see him acting like a dog on TV? Nope.

I would have sent Chris home.

Catherine M
06-26-2012, 08:52 PM
The relationship with Jef is definitely building. But did he really say "I want to date you so hard and marry the F out of you." At least I think that is what I heard.

Yep that what he said and he got it from some ecard or so says Reality Steve except the ecard says "marry the sh*t out of you and one f Jef changed it to "Marry the f*ck out of you". Doesn't matter that he stole it from a ecard site as Emily had no clue.

Chris is creepy, creepy, creepy. I would have never taken him to final 4.

I'm so ready for Bachelor Pad 3 to start as I've checked out of Emily's journey. Fleiss has been busy tweeting up a storm during filming the last week or so about love triangles and love rectangles. Of course it could mean nothing as Fleiss is the master manipulator but hopefully he's right and we have some epic rectangles to rival Holly-Blake-Michael-Melissa!!

PeterG
06-26-2012, 11:22 PM
LOL at Sean running up and down the same 2 streets until he miraculously ran into Emily.

That was like fate. (Wait, is that last word spelled with a K or a T??)