PDA

View Full Version : Bachelorette Season 8--Emily Maynard (SPOILERS!)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Rob
06-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Am I the only one who will never be able to take Jef seriously with that HAIR??? (OR that name, for that matter!) :lol:

No, he has got to get rid of that hair, and that date was squicky - he looked like he was out with Ms. Robinson.

I was a little puzzled but all the "how come no-one told me" stuff. Um, Doug just told you pretty much as soon as he heard it. Clearly, not everyone had heard Kalon's crap. I kind of loved her West Virginia comment though.

Sparks
06-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Am I the only one who will never be able to take Jef seriously with that HAIR??? (OR that name, for that matter!) :lol:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Catherine M
06-12-2012, 04:38 PM
No, he has got to get rid of that hair, and that date was squicky - he looked like he was out with Ms. Robinson.

Between Emily looking 15 years older than she really is and Jef looking 15 years younger than he really is, it does seem like Jef is out there dating some rich, older woman.

But she must see something in him to be rolling around the floor with him in their upcoming date in Prague, as seen in the previews.

I still think he's final 1 (edit and rumors support) which is fine with me as it gives Arie & Sean a chance to head out onto the bachelor reunion circuit.

Jenny
06-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Between Emily looking 15 years older than she really is and Jef looking 15 years younger than he really is, it does seem like Jef is out there dating some rich, older woman.

Emily in 5 years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Loni_Anderson_1992.jpg)
Emily in 15 years (http://www.bio27.com/loni-anderson.html)
Jef in 15 years (pick one) (http://thebestmusicnow.wordpress.com/tag/one-direction/)

haribobo
06-12-2012, 05:43 PM
I was a little puzzled but all the "how come no-one told me" stuff. Um, Doug just told you pretty much as soon as he heard it. Clearly, not everyone had heard Kalon's crap. I kind of loved her West Virginia comment though.

It was just in the script for this episode. I'm sure she was forced to keep Kalon until they could choreograph some kind of horrendous explosion based on something terrible he said. She'd have dumped him in the first ep if it were up to her. They needed something exciting to promote in commercials, happens every season. I think the inquisition fallout was just as choreographed as the actual confrontation with Kalon. You can tell because they have everyone gather around for a proper introduction to the fight (done by Doug this time), rather than her just going to Kalon and saying get out. It's all so narrated and phony but I still love it for some reason.

merrywidow
06-12-2012, 07:04 PM
I agree with those of you who find Emily hooking up with Jef as a strange match. It's also struck me that we really know very little about these guys...what are there hobbies? Do they drink a lot or do drugs? Chase women? How long have they been working at their current jobs? Military? Marital status? Do the producers check for prison/jail records? I personally like Sean as he seems pretty up front but who knows "what evil lurks"? It's no wonder these tv matchups don't work.

luna_skater
06-12-2012, 07:55 PM
I guess Fleiss still has Kacie B on deck for Bachelorette if there is no-one interesting in the Roberto/Arie/Sean season.

According to this (http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/2012/06/roberto-martinez-new-bachelor.html), it's Roberto. Though I won't consider it *confirmed* confirmed until it comes from ABC.

I'm starting to really like Jef, though I don't know if I can see it working out between him and Emily. He seems so much more grounded than a lot of the other guys. Though Sean and Arie are at the top of my list for eye candy.

I'll take Jef's hair over Ryan's whipper-snipper special any day of the week.

PeterG
06-12-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm starting to really like Jef, though I don't know if I can see it working out between him and Emily. He seems so much more grounded than a lot of the other guys. Though Sean and Arie are at the top of my list for eye candy.

I think Je is a nice guy (I shorten his name because I'm referring to him with afection). I just find him difficult to take seriously.

luna_skater
06-12-2012, 09:18 PM
I think Je is a nice guy (I shorten his name because I'm referring to him with afection).

:lol:

ssminnow
06-12-2012, 09:36 PM
If Emily really were that protective of Ricki, she wouldn't have even signed up for the show. Or at the very least, she certainly would have insisted on a clause in her contract where no footage of this kind can be shown on TV. Imagine how Ricki would feel if she watches this one day.

Catherine M
06-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Just for you Jenny:

Reality Steve is reporting that Erica Rose and her tiara are back for another season on Bachelor Pad!

My plea: Please Fleiss, rig it so she stays around to the very end!!

Edited to add that William (from Ashley's season) tweeted that Erica will be all over Nick!

Jenny
06-12-2012, 10:05 PM
:rollin:

PeterG
06-13-2012, 02:15 AM
If Emily really were that protective of Ricki, she wouldn't have even signed up for the show. Or at the very least, she certainly would have insisted on a clause in her contract where no footage of this kind can be shown on TV. Imagine how Ricki would feel if she watches this one day.

:lol: Like kids never see adults doing inappropriate things. Have you ever heard of youtube? :D Plus keeping kids from experiencing life (including seeing the world and seeing how TV is made) is reclusive (which can border on abuse) - not protective.

ks777
06-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Isn't Jef rich? He has his own water bottling company in Colorado? I can see why Emily is attracted to him... money.
Last night, Emily looked like she had so much done on her face.

If Emily really wanted to find someone, she wouldn't have gone on the show. I used to love her because she came across down to earth but now.. she is just another fame whore to me. I mean, if she really care so much about her daughter, would she be kissing all the guys in the house? I don't think I would enjoy watching my mom kiss many guys.....

Catherine M
06-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Isn't Jef rich? He has his own water bottling company in Colorado? I can see why Emily is attracted to him... money.
Last night, Emily looked like she had so much done on her face.

If Emily really wanted to find someone, she wouldn't have gone on the show. I used to love her because she came across down to earth but now.. she is just another fame whore to me. I mean, if she really care so much about her daughter, would she be kissing all the guys in the house? I don't think I would enjoy watching my mom kiss many guys.....

Yes, Jef is rich. Or at least his parents are rich, according to reports on NewFORT. She didn't meet them when she went to Utah on Jef's hometown visit as they were off doing Mormon missionary work elsewhere in the US (I think South Carolina). But she did get to go to their nice ranch and I'm sure that impressed Emily. How much cash he has access to, I'm not sure. But him being rich is def a plus over insurance agent Sean and just out of college Chris.

And I've always gotten a famewhore vibe about Emily. Actually I can count on one hand the number of people that have been on this show lately that I don't think are true famewhores.