PDA

View Full Version : 2012-13 Grand Prix Pre-announcement Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

npavel
04-30-2012, 08:51 AM
World ranking lists has been updated. :)

LADIES

Seeded, guar. 2, poss. 3: Kostner, Leonova, Suzuki, Wagner, Murakami, Asada

Places 7-12 at Worlds, guaranteed 2: Kexin Zhang, Valentina Marchei, Ksenia Makarova, Elene Gedevanishvili, Viktoria Helgesson, Yretha Silete

Top 24 SB, guar. 1: Lipnitskaia*, Tuktamysheva, Czisny, Zhang, Nagasu, Gold*, Sotnikova, Korpi, Biryukova, Korobeynikova, Shelepen*, Miyahara*, Shoji*, Zijun Li*

*= junior, would need to move up to seniors internationally

Top 24 World Rankings who aren't listed above, guar. 1: Mae Berenice Meite, Joshi Helgesson, Haruka Imai, Agnes Zawadzki, Amelie Lacoste, Miki Ando?, Sarah Hecken, (Cynthia Phaneuf, Flatt, Yuna Kim? falling out of top 24)

luenatic
04-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Didn't Gold move up to senior internationally at World Team Trophy?

kwanfan1818
04-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Not unless the new rule passes, and then only if it's retroactive to the 2011-13 season.

Sylvia
04-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Didn't Gold move up to senior internationally at World Team Trophy?
The part in post #91 npavel posted/copied above ("*= junior, would need to move up to seniors internationally") was from haribobo's Grand Prix projection posts compiled right after Worlds, before Gold was selected to World Team Trophy.

ETA:

World ranking lists has been updated. :)
Thank you for the heads up earlier today! I've started a new thread in GSD: ISU World Standings updated (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83504) (2009-10 ranking points have been removed & 2010-11 points reduced to 70%)

luenatic
04-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks Sylvia. That makes sense. I thought WTT was not counted as senior event

toddlj
05-02-2012, 02:43 AM
Well, if no one else is going to, let me update the men!

MEN

Places 1-6 at worlds, seeded, guaranteed 2 (no longer have option for three!): Chan, Takahashi, Hanyu, Joubert, Amodio, Brezina

Places 7-12 at Worlds, guaranteed 2: Ten, Abbott, Fernandez, Contesti, Kozuka, Reynolds

Top 24 SB, guaranteed 1: Plushenko, Gachinski, Oda, Song, Verner, Miner, Rippon, Yan (JR), Farris (JR), Mura, Brown (JR), Van der Perren (retired)

Top 24 World Rankings who aren't listed above, guaranteed 1: Majorov, Dornbush, Menshov, Machida

oubik
05-02-2012, 04:34 PM
I have recieved two interesting updated information regarding ISU Grand Prix assingments for 2012:

- it would be no longer the possibility of 3 events for Top 6 from Worlds
- Pairs has to decide - either SGP or JGP.

Good decision in both cases.

Also, it sems Galyeta / Shumski of Ukraine (JGP ID finalists) split.

Jarrett
05-02-2012, 05:27 PM
I have recieved two interesting updated information regarding ISU Grand Prix assingments for 2012:

At least people will stop complaining about people getting three chances to gain points now. :)

pani
05-02-2012, 05:51 PM
When we will know GP event participants?

Sylvia
05-02-2012, 05:57 PM
I posted this earlier in the thread:

Phil Hersh's recent article on Gracie Gold and WTT mentioned that the Grand Prix assignments would be on made on May 19, which is a Saturday.

Can anyone else confirm this date?

Thanks for the new info, oubik!

PinkFeathers
05-02-2012, 06:12 PM
I've seen May 19, and I've seen not until the ISU Congress in June. Which is correct? Knowing the ISU, the answer is 'both'.

Ziggy
05-03-2012, 03:06 AM

YES YES YES HELL YES PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE!!!! :cheer:

(FYI, Oubik is a very reliable source of info :))

Good decision, they've been really stagnating for a while now.

Eislauffan
05-03-2012, 11:31 AM
YES YES YES HELL YES PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE!!!! :cheer:

(FYI, Oubik is a very reliable source of info :))

Good decision, they've been really stagnating for a while now.

I'ver heard the same (the option of doing 3GP doesn't exist anymore and the option for pairs to do both SGP and JGP has been cancelled) as well, from a very reliable source at World Team Trophy where the meeting took place. I agree that these are good changes. Not many top skaters were using the 3GP anyway plus it opens up more spots for others.

shah
05-03-2012, 01:03 PM

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
finally, ISU decisions I agree with :P.

Sylvia
05-03-2012, 05:23 PM
This has now been confirmed with the publication of the 2012-13 JGP Announcement - link to the thread in GSD: ISU Junior Grand Prix 2012 - 13 Announcement (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83541)

Reposting the following from another thread since it's relevant to this one:

Here's a list of dance teams who didn't finish top 12 at Worlds, but are guaranteed one spot for finishing top 24 on World Rankings and/or top 24 on the Seasons Best list:

CARRON / JONES FRA
PAPADAKIS / CIZERON FRA

PUSHKASH / GUERREIRO RUS
* SINITSINA / ZHIGANSHIN RUS
* STEPANOVA / BUKIN RUS
* YANOVSKAYA / MOZGOV RUS

RALPH / HILL CAN
ORFORD / WILLIAMS CAN

CHOCK / BATES USA
* ALDRIDGE / EATON USA

YU / WANG CHN

COOMES / BUCKLAND GBR#
TOBIAS / STAGNIUNAS LTU#
GUIGNARD / FABBRI ITA#
ALESSANDRINI / VATURI ITA#
ZLOBINA / SITNIKOV AZE#

That's 16 teams; four of these (*) may or may not stay JGP.

There are 48 GP slots available.
24 of these automatically go to the 6 seeds and 7-12 placers at Worlds. Each host reserves 3 spots for host picks (which are done first in the selection process).
That leaves 6 spots (or one for each host), available after top 12 Worlds and host picks. Five of those have to go to the teams who do not come from host countries (#).

It appears that if all the guarantees are to be filled, host picks may have to be used to satisfy some of them. It also doesn't seem likely that many of the guaranteed teams will get two events.

If a team isn't on the guarantee list and is not in a top alternate position, it's unlikely that they will get any GP event at all.