PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 7 (4/11-4/12)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

taf2002
04-13-2012, 06:26 PM
I think they were going to use it this week no matter what just because it was time. But we'll never know.

Do the judges have any idea how asinine it is to tell people to vote for Jessica, or for anyone? Do they understand the concept that if people "save" Jessica then someone else has to go home? Someone who the public obviously likes better?

Jessica has a better God-given talent than some others in this competition. If that means that she should win AI, then why have the comp at all? Give her a contract now. Or should the winner be someone who takes that talent & uses it in an audience-friendly way?

Smiley0884
04-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Jessica has a better God-given talent than some others in this competition. If that means that she should win AI, then why have the comp at all? Give her a contract now. Or should the winner be someone who takes that talent & uses it in an audience-friendly way?

This is exactly how I feel about AI. Having strong vocals isn't the only component to being a worthy winner. I think it is the most important factor, but not the only one. Performance, ability to connect to the song and with viewers matter as well.

skatesindreams
04-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Someone should talk to Jessica about relating to/communicating with her audience.
Do the coaches/mentors address that at all? If not, they should.
I don't think the song choices available to her have been helpful, either.

cruisin
04-13-2012, 09:27 PM

I don't think that should give her the automatic win. But, Idol seems to have become a teeny bopper, vote for the cutest guy competition. I hate to see people win with the least talent of ability house the talent, just because they get the 13 year old girl vote.

JILEN
04-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Someone should talk to Jessica about relating to/communicating with her audience.
Do the coaches/mentors address that at all? If not, they should.
I don't think the song choices available to her have been helpful, either.

I dont know why I still harbor this illusion that American Idol is still a singing competition. :rolleyes:

As far as Jessica is concern, I think she's doing the best she could with songs given to her. Again I believe those aren't her choices, How Will I Know? Stuttering by Jasmine Sullivan was ok but Turn The beat Around? I'll Always Love You Was a horrible choice.

Sad to say that Jessica can sing her heart out but will never reach out to every demographic marker out there which is a shame because with a huge talent like her one would think that she is the closest thing to becoming the first Asian/Hispanic Idol. Last night if anything suggests that she's going to have a hard climb staying in the finals...

skatesindreams
04-13-2012, 09:38 PM
You still have to be able to appeal to an audience - and have them be motivated to vote for you in the American Idol format - no matter how great a singer you might be.

Those with the best voices rarely win AI; no matter their ethnicity.
Examples are numerous.

KikiSashaFan
04-13-2012, 09:57 PM
I couldn't help but notice on the Wed. show they showed everyone's hometowns having big viewing/voting parties and having a ton of people backing them and in Jessica's clip they only showed her family....Just sayin' :slinkaway

victoriaheidi
04-13-2012, 10:01 PM
I read an article just now that was actually a pretty tough read (http://news.yahoo.com/american-idol-somethings-rotten-state-idol-151243068.html) but predicted the finals:

6/7: Elise and Hollie
5: Phil
4. Jessica
3. Josh
Finals: Skylar and Colton

Swap Phil and Josh and that's how I see it shaking down. But I'm not that huge a Colton fan. I've been Team Skylar for a while now, and she's totally been underrated for most of the season.

cruisin
04-13-2012, 10:31 PM
I read an article just now that was actually a pretty tough read (http://news.yahoo.com/american-idol-somethings-rotten-state-idol-151243068.html) but predicted the finals:

4. Jessica
3. Josh

Swap Phil and Josh and that's how I see it shaking down. But I'm not that huge a Colton fan. I've been Team Skylar for a while now, and she's totally been underrated for most of the season.

Great article. Probably true!

birdgal
04-13-2012, 10:35 PM

4. Jessica
3. Josh

Colton doesn't do anything for me, but I do like Skylar and the spunk that she has. She is talented and reminds me of Reba. She is improving and does a performance quality that some of the others are lacking.

skatesindreams
04-13-2012, 10:37 PM
I've been Team Skylar for a while now, and she's totally been underrated for most of the season.

Do we need another AI winner to appeal to the country audience/demographic?

cruisin
04-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Living in the NE, I never realized that country music is as widely popular as it is.

BaileyCatts
04-13-2012, 11:33 PM
I read an article just now that was actually a pretty tough read (http://news.yahoo.com/american-idol-somethings-rotten-state-idol-151243068.html) but predicted the finals: .

Maybe it 'cause I am naturally a cynical, pessimistic person in general ... but I thought that article was friggin' hysterical!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh I agree with it all the way ... but too damn funny!!

LuckyCharm
04-14-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm just now watching last night's show. When the judges rushed her, Jessica looked so genuinely stunned and confused, I couldn't help but :lol:. JLo acts like such a psycho sometimes. That was so odd. I can't really tell it was staged or truly spontaneous, but it was :rofl:.

BaileyCatts
04-14-2012, 12:48 AM
^ Yea, I thought Jessica looked like a deer in headlights too. I wonder if its hard to actually hear what is going on at the studio when they are on stage and she really couldn't hear what was going on so wasn't sure what they were doing on stage?