PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 7 (4/11-4/12)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Sally1214
04-13-2012, 03:29 AM
As far as we know she could have been fourth from the bottom every time.

How do we know that this even was the real B3? All we know is that the judges got to use their all-important "one save" with the most drama they could possibly eek out of it. It's all about ratings, you know. I couldn't stop :rolleyes: at the possible (probable?) viewer manipulation going on. Who knows?

PrincessLeppard
04-13-2012, 03:51 AM
I can't believe that Jessica was eliminated. And i'm glad the judges saved her. And I don't particularly like the judges to preach who to vote for. But, Randy is right. People need to stop voting for the cute male and vote for the best voice.

She does have a nice voice. But when I decide who to vote for, I ask who's music would I buy in the future. Her name doesn't come up.

So I voted for Elise this week. I usually vote for Philip, but he sucked this week, so I didn't. But I threw some to Hollie because the judges treatment of her pissed me off.

shan
04-13-2012, 03:59 AM
So did Jessica have to sing for the save, or did they just give it to her?

Fridge_Break
04-13-2012, 04:10 AM
I'm surprised that Kellie Pickler has such a successful career.
I couldn't understand why she made it as far as she did on AI.

While Kellie really fizzled out while she was on the show, she's improved leaps and bounds since as she's grown up a bit. I saw her at a county fair concert last summer and she was phenomenally great. Every song was in tune and injected with personality and emotion. She was pretty lucky that the country genre is quite accepting of new talent from the entertainment shows, because if she was a pop singer at the time she entered the industry she wouldn't be much of anywhere these days (although she's a lot better than most of the garbled crap that's playing on the radio today by people who need computers and synthesizers to cover up their lack of musical talent). Her growth is very, very impressive since she was on Idol, IMO.

Smiley0884
04-13-2012, 04:27 AM
While Kellie really fizzled out while she was on the show, she's improved leaps and bounds since as she's grown up a bit. I saw her at a county fair concert last summer and she was phenomenally great. Every song was in tune and injected with personality and emotion. She was pretty lucky that the country genre is quite accepting of new talent from the entertainment shows, because if she was a pop singer at the time she entered the industry she wouldn't be much of anywhere these days (although she's a lot better than most of the garbled crap that's playing on the radio today by people who need computers and synthesizers to cover up their lack of musical talent). Her growth is very, very impressive since she was on Idol, IMO.

Agreed. I wasn't a fan of Kellie during her season, but I think she's a pleasant singer now. I don't buy her music or anything, but I think she has an engaging personality, and I always take the time to read an article about her or watch an interview or performance if I come across one :)

BaileyCatts
04-13-2012, 04:28 AM
So did Jessica have to sing for the save, or did they just give it to her?

She started to sing (and wasn't doing that well in my book, you could tell she was trying to keep from crying so her voice was cracking) and then Jennifer lead the judges running on stage, took the mic from Jessica and told her she didn't have to sing they were using the save. Oh the drama. :drama: :lol:

shan
04-13-2012, 04:33 AM
She started to sing (and wasn't doing that well in my book, you could tell she was trying to keep from crying so her voice was cracking) and then Jennifer lead the judges running on stage, took the mic from Jessica and told her she didn't have to sing they were using the save. Oh the drama. :drama: :lol:

They ran onto the stage??? I thought it was :drama: enough last season when they stopped Casey from singing and proclaimed him safe, but running onto the stage?? :rofl:

PrincessLeppard
04-13-2012, 04:34 AM
They ran onto the stage??? I thought it was :drama: enough last season when they stopped Casey from singing and proclaimed him safe, but running onto the stage?? :rofl:

They had to, because as Baileycatts said, she sounded TERRIBLE.

my little pony
04-13-2012, 04:35 AM

they literally stormed it and i am sure it was totally spontaneous

i was hoping seacrest would get trampled in the kerfuffle but it's just not my night

shan
04-13-2012, 04:36 AM
I'll have to look for a video on youtube.

eta:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRadfxRTvTE

I'm even more :rofl: than ever. That came across as staged.
I'm :rofl: at Randy. I don't think tonight's :drama: will garner her more votes.

birdgal
04-13-2012, 04:42 AM
:drama: Oh, the drama.

Allskate
04-13-2012, 05:04 AM
Big oops from Steven Tyler for saying they were going to use the save even before they announced that Jessica got the lowest number of votes. I think Jessica handled herself quite well, but she did look quite confused when the judges rushed her on stage.

I like Jessica, I think she's phenomenal, but the constant tongue bath from the judges just BUGS!!! This is the most obvious pimping I've ever seen on AI.

This is the most obvious pimping you've seen on AI? Really? Actually, I think part of the reason Jessica ended up at the bottom was that they did criticize her last night, but also weren't really harsh, so there was no sympathy vote. Hollie is getting some sympathy votes. I'm also guessing that some people felt bad for Phillip because of that bit with him and Elise (and because he was criticized by the judges who also came across as playing favorites with Elise, and even Colton).

Personally, I was fine with Joshua being in the bottom three and don't get all the tongue-baths he's been receiving.

birdgal
04-13-2012, 05:08 AM
Do people think the judges would have used the save for Elise? I think they would have used it for Joshua, but I'm not sure about Elise.

Smiley0884
04-13-2012, 06:08 AM
Big oops from Steven Tyler for saying they were going to use the save even before they announced that Jessica got the lowest number of votes. I think Jessica handled herself quite well, but she did look quite confused when the judges rushed her on stage.

This is the most obvious pimping you've seen on AI? Really? Actually, I think part of the reason Jessica ended up at the bottom was that they did criticize her last night, but also weren't really harsh, so there was no sympathy vote. Hollie is getting some sympathy votes. I'm also guessing that some people felt bad for Phillip because of that bit with him and Elise (and because he was criticized by the judges who also came across as playing favorites with Elise, and even Colton).

Personally, I was fine with Joshua being in the bottom three and don't get all the tongue-baths he's been receiving.

Yes, I do...even though they do make some minor critiques of her singing, when they praise her it's just so over the top. Tonight's debacle was one big Jessica pimp-fest. I think it's backfiring, but it's a pimpfest none the less.

Agree about Joshua. I really don't understand why the judges aren't more critical. He's had some good performances, but he's also had some screechy ones.

BaileyCatts
04-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Do people think the judges would have used the save for Elise? I think they would have used it for Joshua, but I'm not sure about Elise.

I don't think they would have used it for Elise either. I knew they would use it for Jessica. I was about 90% they would go save for Joshua (and I actually liked him best of all last night). But if it was Elise I was betting they would NOT use it in case there was a shock with Jessica the next week.

:shuffle: But I don't like Elise so my opinion is tainted. :scream: