PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 7 (4/11-4/12)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

kylet3
04-12-2012, 02:57 AM
My bottom three were Joshua, Skylar, and Colton

I think the likely bottom three are Hollie, Elise and Colton? Hard to say, either way, I think Hollie is toast tomorrow :(

Cyn
04-12-2012, 03:22 AM
Elise!! :cheer2:

After seeing Jessica and Hollie tonight, I much prefer the latter's voice - she has a warmer, richer timbre than Jessica, and while both of them are lacking in emotion (unsurprising, considering their ages), Hollie IMO has a more organic/genuine feeling to her singing; Jessica, though talented, leaves me absolutely cold and uninspired.

Phillip :yawn: - I'm surprised JHo and Jabba mentioned that it was just more of the same and implied they're getting bored with it.

I have a fat honking feeling they want the Top 4 to be Joshua, Colton, Jessica, and one of either Skylar or Elise (if the F2 hadn't both been country singers, Skylar would be in like Flynn and Elise would be sent packing). Given how they've done nothing but praise him to the high heavens until now (when he delivered just as well as weeks prior), the Tinfoil Hat Wearer in me feels this may be their attempt to try and eliminate a threat/obstacle in the way of Joshua's climb to the top -- much of the same way they're going after Hollie to protect their Chosenette One, Jessica.

Rob
04-12-2012, 03:36 AM
I have never before heard the song Phillip and Elise did, or the one Skylar did, the one Jessica did, or the one Phillip did on his own. Jessica was fantastic, but I enjoyed everyone. The trio was a bit awkward. Skylar had pitch issues in the duets, but Colton does nice harmonies. Hollie had a couple of pitch issues, but she was better. Besides that I liked it.

taf2002
04-12-2012, 04:00 AM
Skylar - her makeup was beautiful and I liked her dress....singing was pretty good.

Colton - if he was a female I would have said he was in active labor, hate the hair, it looks like he has a fur pelt on his head, singing was uneven.

Jessica - song was meh, she didn't sound as good as usual, all her performances sound alike to me.

Joshua - something is very offputting about him...I hate the way he prances around the stage, he sounded better than usual

Hollie - I thought she did better than usual...I listened to the judges to see if she got any credit from them...of course she didn't

Phillip - I really liked him at first but I realized the last 2 or 3 weeks that he doesn't have that good of a voice.

Elise - I liked her arrangement...she really made it different

For me the bottom was in this order: Phillip, Colton, Jessica; the top was Elise, Skylar, Hollie, Joshua.

Allskate
04-12-2012, 06:00 AM
Put me in the camp that doesn't think Elise is a bitch. I like the fact that she doesn't behave like Princess Pollyanna Sugarcoat - it bugs the snot out of me when skaters pull that bullshit, and I feel the same way WRT singers/artists.

I agree. (But I do think the skirt was unflattering. :lol:) I thought she was joking and teasing Phillip. But, it was not a smart thing to do because it did not come across well to a lot of people. This show is a pageant. I think that Colton is as phony as they come, especially when he claims to be humbled, but it will get him the title, record deal, and money. I love "Somebody that I Used to Know," but I didn't love her doing it. I actually preferred Phillip.
I really liked "You and I," though it reminded me of how unfair JLo was in her criticism of Haley's performance of that song. I'm guessing it will be either Elise or Hollie going home. The judges clearly want Hollie to go home, but they're pushing it too much and it might backfire.

And speaking of JLo's judging, I wanted to reach through my tv and smack her when she told Jessica to be more like Joshua. Don't listen to her Jessica! We don't need any more shouting. I doubt I'll ever buy an album from Jessica, but I think she is so freaking talented and I think she's going to have quite a career. I don't get that feeling with Joshua. I want to like his singing, but I just don't.

I know that Colton is going to win, but could he just do me a favor and stop squeaking? And stop talking. Because he annoys the heck out of me whenever he does either of those things. If the Southern squeaker beats out Jessica, it will just be further proof that it is no longer possible for a girl to win. It's just going to be a steady stream of cute Southern white boys.

I prefer Skylar to both Lauren and Scotty, but that doesn't really say much.

skatemommy
04-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Elise!! :cheer2:

I have a fat honking feeling they want the Top 4 to be Joshua, Colton, Jessica, and one of either Skylar or Elise (if the F2 hadn't both been country singers, Skylar would be in like Flynn and Elise would be sent packing). Given how they've done nothing but praise him to the high heavens until now (when he delivered just as well as weeks prior), the Tinfoil Hat Wearer in me feels this may be their attempt to try and eliminate a threat/obstacle in the way of Joshua's climb to the top -- much of the same way they're going after Hollie to protect their Chosenette One, Jessica.

ITA with this....I think DeAndre was never treated like Colton too else he might still be on. Would have liked to have seen DeAndre sing Prince or Terence Trent D'Arby - then the masses may have understood the falsetto.

my little pony
04-12-2012, 12:51 PM
I really liked "You and I," though it reminded me of how unfair JLo was in her criticism of Haley's performance of that song. .

this, all i could think of was how ridiculous j lo was last year. i think randy was also down on the whole performance iirc.

cruisin
04-12-2012, 02:02 PM
ITA with this....I think DeAndre was never treated like Colton too else he might still be on. Would have liked to have seen DeAndre sing Prince or Terence Trent D'Arby - then the masses may have understood the falsetto.

I don't know, I thought DeAndre was getting way over the top praise, especially from Jennifer.

I didn't love anyone let night. I still think Jessica is the most innately talented. Joshua really bothers me. I mean he's good, but I can't stand it when he get all screechy.

Rob
04-12-2012, 02:05 PM
I think the likely bottom three are Hollie, Elise and Colton? Hard to say, either way, I think Hollie is toast tomorrow :(

I think Colton gets the tween love. Maybe Hollie, Elise, Joshua? Or if the tweens are jealous, Skylar, though she doesn't deserve it this week.

skatesindreams
04-12-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm surprised that Kellie Pickler has such a successful career.
I couldn't understand why she made it as far as she did on AI.
Skylar has a better voice than Kellie, IMO.

algonquin
04-12-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm surprised that Kellie Pickler has such a successful career.
I couldn't understand why she made it as far as she did on AI.Perhaps, it has more to do with her personality than singing talent. Kellie was hilarious, the couple times that I saw on Ellen.

snoopysnake
04-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Phillip singing "Give a Little More" by Maroon 5.

How about an Idol "Valley of the Dolls" week? They could sing "Give a Little More" by Neely O'Hara!

shan
04-12-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm catching up with the last half of the show on Youtube. I can only find performances, but no judges critique. What did they say to Hollie after her solo?

taf2002
04-12-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm catching up with the last half of the show on Youtube. I can only find performances, but no judges critique. What did they say to Hollie after her solo?

TV Line, Michael Slezak's recap:

http://tvline.com/2012/04/12/american-idol-recap-season-11-top-7-performance-show/#more-321571

KikiSashaFan
04-13-2012, 12:37 AM
According to TMZ, which for a gossip site is generally accurate on almost everything...

Apparently a favorite will be eliminated tonight and the producers are pushing the judges already to use the save. I'm guessing probably Jessica.