PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 7 (4/11-4/12)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

Allskate
04-16-2012, 06:23 AM
I don't think Phillip is indifferent to everything. In fact, I think he totally loves music. I just don't think he's very good at certain aspects of the pageant and maybe the phoney pandering just isn't what he's interested in. But, I certainly don't think he's indifferent towards everything. He's not very charasmatic or articulate and he never has been. And he's not very savvy about how to play the game. This isn't new. I don't think he ever was going to win. Nothing has changed.

I prefer Elise's singing to Skylar's, but Elise is going home this week. Elise sucks at the non-talent portions of the pageant and she's an older female from the Northeast. She's toast.

phoenixflamezzz
04-16-2012, 06:45 AM
I don't think Phillip is indifferent to everything. In fact, I think he totally loves music. I just don't think he's very good at certain aspects of the pageant and maybe the phoney pandering just isn't what he's interested in. But, I certainly don't think he's indifferent towards everything. He's not very charasmatic or articulate and he never has been. And he's not very savvy about how to play the game. This isn't new. I don't think he ever was going to win. Nothing has changed.

I prefer Elise's singing to Skylar's, but Elise is going home this week. Elise sucks at the non-talent portions of the pageant and she's an older female from the Northeast. She's toast.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that he was indifferent towards music. Yes, as you pointed out, I think he's totally indifferent with regards to everything related to the Idol game, which is why he's being overtaken by Colton, who totally panders to it. :rolleyes:

But you have to wonder, here's a guy, who's turn in sub-par performances for quite a few weeks running, doesn't care about the Idol game, is not very charismatic or articulate, nor has he shown a lot of personality, and has yet to land in the B3. Hmm...I wonder why that is? :rofl:

skateboy
04-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Heejun Han "American Idol" Interview - IDOLOGY: ENTV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfBTlu0bWYk&list=PLE5DBA606569E193C&index=1&feature=plpp_video)

(I just saw this even though it was posted April 3. :) )

GREAT (and surprisingly serious) interview from Heejun. I love that he tells the truth about the behind the scenes coachings (that the last song he sang was the only one he was allowed to choose for himself...). I've always suspected that the entire contest was manipulated by the powers-that-be.

Allskate
04-16-2012, 07:17 AM
But you have to wonder, here's a guy, who's turn in sub-par performances for quite a few weeks running, doesn't care about the Idol game, is not very charismatic or articulate, nor has he shown a lot of personality, and has yet to land in the B3. Hmm...I wonder why that is? :rofl:

:lol: Yes. He's good looking. And from the South. But, I also think that he got some sympathy votes this week because some people didn't like the way they thought Elise was treating him this week and because it looked like the powers that be were tossing him aside in favor of Colton. Plus, at this point in the season, a lot of people are voting on the entirety of the season. Some people do like the tone of his voice and his passion for the music. I'll take his singing over Colton's squeaking of Joshua's shouting any day. Plus, there probably are at least some people who like the fact that he isn't blatantly pandering for votes or aren't voting based on personality (or lack thereof).

Cyn
04-16-2012, 07:24 AM

:rofl:

It's the Steve McQueen Factor :D

Speaking of, damn Jennifer Lopez to Hell and back for making that connection on Wednesday night -- I've been saying that about Philip from the first time I saw him on TV. Sadly, when she said that, at least half of the viewing audience thought ":huh:....Who the fcuk is Steve McQueen?" while the other half thought "Steve McQueen :swoon:....he was my shower-nozzle-masturbation-material when I was in high school/college/on my first marriage :grope:."

:saint:

birdgal
04-16-2012, 02:15 PM
:lol: Yes. He's good looking. And from the South. But, I also think that he got some sympathy votes this week because some people didn't like the way they thought Elise was treating him this week and because it looked like the powers that be were tossing him aside in favor of Colton. Plus, at this point in the season, a lot of people are voting on the entirety of the season. Some people do like the tone of his voice and his passion for the music. I'll take his singing over Colton's squeaking of Joshua's shouting any day. Plus, there probably are at least some people who like the fact that he isn't blatantly pandering for votes or aren't voting based on personality (or lack thereof).

Put me in this category. Colton doesn't do anything for me, because of the qualities that you mentioned above. Phillip is a genuine person and I liked him from his first performance during the tryouts. Remember, Stevie Nicks was all over him, too.

skatesindreams
04-16-2012, 03:26 PM
I also prefer Phillip to the other men, for the same reasons.

AxelAnnie
04-16-2012, 04:53 PM
I like Jessica and think she has a crazy, amazing voice. Utterly spellbound by "Stuttering" - but I think this song choice is what got her in the bottom this week I love Hollie's voice.....she just needs a personality.............STAT. And Joshua is great....but there is something weird/cheesy/off (for me) about him.

But, I LOVE Skyler and Colton. Skyler is such a great performer. She owns the stage when she is out there. And Colton, I love his take on songs. I have replayed his last two songs on my TV over and over..