PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Top 7 (4/11-4/12)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

moebius
04-14-2012, 03:52 AM
Do the judges have to use the save? What if it's down to the top 6 and the save hasn't been used yet, do they have to use it even if the contestant isn't worth saving, like someone like Sanjaya? I believe that he made it to the top 6.

BigB08822
04-14-2012, 06:50 AM
I don't think the judges have to use the save but in season's past they have used it on the last possible night and on someone I doubt they would have used it on before. So it appears that it isn't a rule but the judges and Producers will not allow it to go unused, they hype it up way too much to let it go without being used.

flyingsit
04-14-2012, 12:00 PM
If they don't use it the show would end a week early, or they'd need to have a week without eliminating someone. It's only good through top 6 week, so if they hadn't used it last week it would have been automatic to do it next week.

Aceon6
04-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Maybe it 'cause I am naturally a cynical, pessimistic person in general ... but I thought that article was friggin' hysterical!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh I agree with it all the way ... but too damn funny!!

I buy some konspiracy on the part of Nigel and Jimmy, but mostly for song choices, good/bad arrangements, and making sure the judges pimp/punish the "right" people. Voting rigging? Unlikely. If you look at the DI busy percentages and raw numbers, you can see how a Joshua/Elise/Jessica B3 was not only possible, but likely.

victoriaheidi
04-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Do we need another AI winner to appeal to the country audience/demographic?

I'm not even a country person. I, too, think she's spunky and fun and not vanilla.

KikiSashaFan
04-14-2012, 08:50 PM
I couldn't stand Lauren or Scotty, but Skyler is my favorite this year. *shrug*

taf2002
04-14-2012, 09:44 PM

I couldn't stand them either. But even though I'm not a country music fan, I love Dolly & Reba, and I really like Skylar. In many ways I think she is the most deserving winner of top 7 and I think she has the best shot of having a successful career. And I think she is likely to sing crossovers as well as country.

birdgal
04-14-2012, 10:25 PM
I would love to see Skylar and Reba together. They both have spunk and seem very down to earth.

I think Skylar has much more dimension to her, than Lauren or Scotty.

Fridge_Break
04-14-2012, 10:56 PM

And I am an avid country music fan, yet last year, while I enjoyed Lauren & Scotty quite a bit, I was completely pulling for Haley to topple them both. :P Funny how that works sometimes.

skatesindreams
04-14-2012, 11:47 PM
I couldn't stand them either. But even though I'm not a country music fan, I love Dolly & Reba, and I really like Skylar. In many ways I think she is the most deserving winner of top 7 and I think she has the best shot of having a successful career. And I think she is likely to sing crossovers as well as country.

You spoke for me.

Allskate
04-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Do we need another AI winner to appeal to the country audience/demographic?

We don't "need" someone to cater to that demographic, but that demographic votes. We also don't "need" another cute white boy from the South/Midwest winning. But, I think that Colton is going to win (and not because he has the best voice) and that there is a good chance that Skylar will be the last girl standing. I think that VictoriaHeidi has the order right.

I don't think that the producers want AI to turn into country Idol, which is probably why they aren't pushing Skylar as hard as they pushed Lauren and Scotty, even though I think she's more talented than they are. IMO, the promotion of Jessica this season isn't close to the promotion of Scotty last season (or even as strong as the promotion of Joshua this season). Scotty was practically immune from criticism. It was ridiculous.

But, regardless of what the voters do, I think that both Skylar and Jessica will have careers in music. Jessica just might have to become an adult first for her career to take off in the U.S.. But someone will sign her based on talent alone. Nearly all the country contestants get signed from Idol and Skylar is more talented than a number of them, so she'll get a recording contract.

phoenixflamezzz
04-16-2012, 05:54 AM
Jessica and Joshua have to be my favorite 1-2 punch to come out of Idol since Fantasia and Jennifer Hudson.

But unlike Fantasia, they don't have a prayer of winning. Idol voting demographics have changed too much. The urban/R&B crowd have left, and what you have are people that prefer the Lee Dewyze/Scotty McCreery/Lauren Alaina style (e.g. singer songwriter, country, lite adult rock). I would be shocked to not see Colton and Skylar in the F3. 2 weeks ago I would have said Phillip was a mortal lock, but his indifference towards everything might result in a F4 shock boot.

skateboy
04-16-2012, 06:04 AM
2 weeks ago I would have said Phillip was a mortal lock, but his indifference towards everything might result in a F4 shock boot.

This.

shan
04-16-2012, 06:11 AM
Heejun Han "American Idol" Interview - IDOLOGY: ENTV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfBTlu0bWYk&list=PLE5DBA606569E193C&index=1&feature=plpp_video)

(I just saw this even though it was posted April 3. :) )

victoriaheidi
04-16-2012, 06:14 AM
I couldn't stand Lauren or Scotty, but Skylar is my favorite this year. *shrug*

I was a Haley girl. Lindsey Parker at Reality Rocks kind of pushed Elise/EVP as the Haleys of this year, but I so prefer Skylar for some reason I can't quite understand.