PDA

View Full Version : Johnny posted videos of his quad training

Pages : 1 2 [3]

feraina
04-12-2012, 03:35 AM
Oh, Johnny looking really good this early in the "new" season! Looks like he'll have plenty of time to recover his technical ability and get comfortable with his programs before the fall season starts. I wonder if he'll do some summer competitions to ease back into the competitive scene. Maybe an early treat for fans. :swoon: I wonder if he'll get any GP besides SA -- I'm assuming that USFSA has sufficiently gotten over any past hiccups to be supportive of Johnny's return?

IceAlisa
04-12-2012, 03:35 AM
I love Johnny and am over the moon over seeing him jumping well but he is not skating to this dreck...is he? Please, someone tell me it isn't true!!!! :drama:

bardtoob
04-12-2012, 03:58 AM
I love Johnny and am over the moon over seeing him jumping well but he is not skating to this dreck...is he? Please, someone tell me it isn't true!!!! :drama:

Seriously, hasn't he been a russophil long enough to know it is not just about being fatalistically depressing. That's more Galina's influence. ... Russian is about working hard at being disinterestedly ironically poetically fatalistically depressing.

psycho
04-12-2012, 04:12 AM
I love Sarabande in the first video, the music is beautiful. Compared to the crap many skate to these days, it's wonderful!

RFAD would not be my first choice, but it would be interesting to see what he does with it.

BittyBug
04-12-2012, 04:47 AM
This is just my hunch, but I kind of doubt that Johnny would casually reveal his music by just having it playing in the background of a short video clip posted on the net. I think it's more likely that the music is just what they were playing in the rink at the time.

Plus - wasn't the trio he did with Melissa and Dennis to Sarabande Suite? Not sure he'd re-use that music; seems more likely that he just likes it and happened to be playing it.

IceAlisa
04-12-2012, 04:53 AM
^^^Please be right about this, BittyBug, please please... This music has nothing to do with the magnificent Russian musical tradition, depressing or otherwise.

This is just awful :scream:

casken
04-12-2012, 04:56 AM
I love Sarabande in the first video, the music is beautiful. Compared to the crap many skate to these days, it's wonderful!

Ah, yes. That's what the first piece is. I don't think I've heard that particular version before.

Plus - wasn't the trio he did with Melissa and Dennis to Sarabande Suite?

You're right! I've heard that Globus piece so many times and I never made the connection in my mind.

Jenna
04-12-2012, 05:34 AM
Oh, Johnny looking really good this early in the "new" season! Looks like he'll have plenty of time to recover his technical ability and get comfortable with his programs before the fall season starts. I wonder if he'll do some summer competitions to ease back into the competitive scene. Maybe an early treat for fans. :swoon: I wonder if he'll get any GP besides SA -- I'm assuming that USFSA has sufficiently gotten over any past hiccups to be supportive of Johnny's return?

My impression is that USFSA-Weir relations have never been better.

Katarzyna
04-12-2012, 05:58 AM
Wheeee Ė Johnny is really coming back! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

When I saw threads about it I always thought itís not serious or rumours. Iím so happy! I missed his skating. True, he might have lacked transitions in his programmes but then I loved his flow, elegance and the classical programmes highlighting his elements in a puristic way, i.e. with elements not done in a rush and programmes that didnít look heavily overloaded like it can be seen so often in the CoP-era. :rolleyes:

And I also like the idea of him skating to Sarabande! Canít wait for the new season to start. :)

kppt
04-20-2012, 02:20 AM
4T<< and I agree about his hooked landings. IMO he turns, albeit very quickly, on the toe during the landing so I would downgrade. That being said, it is an exciting 3-jump comb to go after.

skatak
04-20-2012, 07:10 PM
i'd say #1 two footed and #2 <, but that's impressive !

Triple Butz
04-21-2012, 01:30 AM
i'd say #1 two footed and #2 <, but that's impressive !

Two-footed? His free foot is miles away from the ice. I do see a slight > on both, though.