PDA

View Full Version : Davis and White #13 - Even Daisuke is a fan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Theatregirl1122
04-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Well, as much as I feel for Chinese people for that, I'd LOVE them to go to TEB. They've only been there once, quite a long time ago (the 2007/08 season) and it would be too easy to catch a cheap flight to Paris to see them live again. A girl can dream, right?

I don't think they will be at TEB since P&B are seeded 1-3 and will definitely be at TEB. The only way they would be there is if one (or more) of the top three decide to skate 3 GPs. Nathalie and Fabian did do that last year, but I'm not sure I expect that TEB would want to make P&B compete against either V&M or D&W at home.

Sk8fun
04-20-2012, 03:43 PM
My favorite moment today was the hug they exchanged at the end. Such happiness, satisfaction and warmth. What a great memory for them to carry into the off season.

I thought the same thing. That hug was genuine.

~tapdancer~
04-20-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm glad I uber Meryl and Charlie...don't have to justify poor sportsmanship or post ridiculous, sarcastic comments obviously meant to belittle other skaters.

WTT was very enjoyable and I'm happy for the Japanese fans that saw some great skating from some of the top skaters in the world. The fans there were awesome, too, that's what skaters love...cheers, standing Os, and flowers galore! Sadly missing from a lot of skating events these days. This one reminded me of the 90s when arenas were full of adoring fans. I loved the team spirit exhibited by the skaters, most of them looked like they were having a great time. It's so annoying reading some comments around here about this being a cheesefest and a meaningless competition. It wasn't. Most of the skaters skated their hearts out. Primarily M&C and Dai. It was thrilling to watch.

Tesla
04-20-2012, 04:48 PM
It's so annoying reading some comments around here about this being a cheesefest and a meaningless competition. It wasn't. Most of the skaters skated their hearts out. Primarily M&C and Dai. It was thrilling to watch.

It's a cheesefest if your favorite doesn't win. ;) (Although, even if D/W didn't win, I still wouldn't consider it a cheesefest.) I can't wait to watch it on-demand. Will it still be available next week? I won't be able to watch until Monday.

semogal
04-20-2012, 05:32 PM
I think the WTT is a gift to skaters and fans. We get to see our favorites do their 2012 programs one more time, the skaters get to socialize with each other and have some fun and they get the chance to earn some prize money. And how nice for them they get to skate to a full house of appreciative fans!

professordeb
04-20-2012, 06:31 PM
I would call it a cheese fest only because I think most of the skaters aimed to peak at Worlds. To have this "competition" so much later and asking these same people to "rev it up again" just so we can see more skating? Sorry, not agreeing with it. If "someone" was actually serious about this comp, they would have made it as part of Worlds -- not just as an add on.

Congrats to all the skaters in putting forth what you did have and for giving your fans one last look at a great season. Now go and take a well deserved break -- and have FUN!!! The new season will begin soon enough.

Not commenting on the skating cause I haven't seen it and not likely to do so ... kinda busy with two teams in another sport right now. However, I do like to come to FSU and get my daily quota of :) and :(

agalisgv
04-20-2012, 06:41 PM
If "someone" was actually serious about this comp, they would have made it as part of Worlds -- not just as an add on. I thought this comp was sponsored by the Japanese Federation--ergo why it's in Japan and not elsewhere.

Sk8fun
04-20-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm glad I uber Meryl and Charlie...don't have to justify poor sportsmanship or post ridiculous, sarcastic comments obviously meant to belittle other skaters.

WTT was very enjoyable and I'm happy for the Japanese fans that saw some great skating from some of the top skaters in the world. The fans there were awesome, too, that's what skaters love...cheers, standing Os, and flowers galore! Sadly missing from a lot of skating events these days. This one reminded me of the 90s when arenas were full of adoring fans. I loved the team spirit exhibited by the skaters, most of them looked like they were having a great time. It's so annoying reading some comments around here about this being a cheesefest and a meaningless competition. It wasn't. Most of the skaters skated their hearts out. Primarily M&C and Dai. It was thrilling to watch.

Tapdancer - I find myself very often nodding my head to what you post, and once again I agree with you here. That is all. Carry on. :)

DORISPULASKI
04-20-2012, 07:07 PM
BTW, it was cute to see Meryl giving Dai a standing O after his LP!!

Was it Team USA throwing the foil streamers? Or France & Italy, as all three were going nuts for Dai.

shsocu
04-20-2012, 07:18 PM
BTW, it was cute to see Meryl giving Dai a standing O after his LP!!

Was it Team USA throwing the foil streamers? Or France & Italy, as all three were going nuts for Dai.

I think the streamers were from the French :)

jobelle
04-20-2012, 10:25 PM
That was so beautifully skated! It was so free. I also thought the camera angles were fantastic! Thank you Japan! It has been hard at times throughout the season to see all the nuances because the camera just isn't always in the right spot but I thought this time the cameras captured a lot -- especially in the circular step sequence. Congrats to them for such a beautiful beautiful performance!

query5
04-20-2012, 10:27 PM
great job d/w-- skated really well .

DORISPULASKI
04-20-2012, 10:32 PM
I hope a good quality vid from the Japan telecast will surface, because the ISU feed was crap, with blackouts.

mollymgr
04-21-2012, 01:23 AM
:cheer2: Yayyy on the win :cheer2:

Call it a cheesefest or whatever else people want to refer to it as to call it a lesser competition, it is definitely good to end the season on a good note :) I think mentally it probably meant a lot to them. They always give their all.
I wish it would have been the World Championships. I'm going to stay positive and say that everything happens for the best!

shan
04-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Beautiful performance!! I'm so happy for D/W to end the season on a high note! :cheer2: As it has all season, this FD seemed like it only lasts a minute.