PDA

View Full Version : Davis and White #13 - Even Daisuke is a fan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

semogal
04-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the link to the replay. I looked earlier and missed it. A great performance from Meryl and Charlie. I just love her saucy look on the ending pose!

DORISPULASKI
04-19-2012, 07:37 PM
For any Korean & Japanese fans who were geoblocked:

Meryl & Charlie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3wrwUQebcA

Tessa & Scott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr2YSSY-Z2o

mollymgr
04-19-2012, 10:11 PM
:cheer2:The National's dress made a comeback. This WTT looks like fun :cheer2:

shan
04-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Go to here http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/site/index.html, click on the drop down that says More Channels above the video screen and click on "World Team Trophy 2012." I think the SD will automatically start playing and you can choose the the other portions of the competition below.

:cheer2: Thanks!! Can't wait to watch!

Love the pictures of them stretching too. So cute!

mia joy
04-19-2012, 10:41 PM
I watched them and, as much as I love watching them skate and think they did great - I actually thought their SD from Worlds was better. I know they got more points for this one, but in Nice it looked more fierce, their flow was better, the circular steps were better, the twizzles too. The only thing that looked better to me here was the rhumba sequences.

But then again, what do I know? it's actually REALLY hard to tell the difference between an excellent skate and a good one in ice dance, in terms of TES.

Also, I'm not a fan of the brown/bronze/gold/whatever color you think it is dress :P I loved Meryl in orange, happy colors rule! ;)

Nevertheless it's such a pleasure to watch these two compete. I also agree with the statement someone once made that Meryl's hair needs a facebook page. It was the third partner in that SD :D

nuge
04-19-2012, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=mia joy;3550358]IAlso, I'm not a fan of the brown/bronze/gold/whatever color you think it is dress :P I loved Meryl in orange, happy colors rule! ;)

The orange dress was much better :kickass:

Loved the way Meryl/Charlie looked at each other when the score came out as though to say we're are in first they looked surprised:lol:

DORISPULASKI
04-19-2012, 11:22 PM
http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/04/davis-and-white-win-short-dance-at-world-team-trophy/

GoldenSkate has an article with all the interview details after the SD.

Bournekraatzfan
04-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Thank you for the link to the broadcast, literaryfreak, and thank you for those awesome stretching pics and the GS article, Doris! You beat to posting the youtube link:)

... And I love how the Japanese fans love M&C! The flowers just raining down. And great cheers. ...

I really wish you would stop saying things like this, ~tapdancer~, as it only furthers my obsession with a Meryl/Daisuke wedding in Japan...and Meryl would speak her vows in Japanese (which she will be fluent in by this time). okay, I need to stop.

so psyched to see one last rendition of DF! I hope they have lots of fun! Enjoy the rest of the competition, everyone! :cheer:

(sorry if my constant use of exclamation points is getting annoying--I just can't help it!)

~tapdancer~
04-20-2012, 12:26 AM
I really wish you would stop saying things like this, ~tapdancer~, as it only furthers my obsession with a Meryl/Daisuke wedding in Japan...and Meryl would speak her vows in Japanese (which she will be fluent in by this time). okay, I need to stop.:rofl:

~tapdancer~
04-20-2012, 09:32 AM
I was a good uber this time and got up for the FD. So glad I did! This was worth it. Meryl and Charlie were fantastic...such a great ending to the season with a joyful dance to Die Fledermaus. The audience loved it...cheers and flowers and a full standing O. And wow, great score, they ended up almost 5 pts ahead of V/M.

The judges here so got it right. This was better than Worlds! :cheer2:

shsocu
04-20-2012, 09:37 AM
17 10's!!!

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wtt2012/wtt2012_IceDance_FD_D_Scores.pdf

CassAgain
04-20-2012, 09:39 AM
What a great way to end the season! I wasn't even nervous waiting for the scores--well, not much any way. They had clearly done enough.

I love this event!

rustyskater
04-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Excellent job! I am so glad I woke up to see this performance of Die Fledermaus live! It was well worth it. The audience bursted with applause and cheer at the end and the judges rewarded them with marks they so deserved, beating out their competition technically and artistically (by a country mile). I can't help but wish this result had happened at Worlds - but I'll take it. This resounding victory bodes well for them in the coming years and I am especially encouraged about their prospects for earning the OGM!

~tapdancer~
04-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Wow, so wish D/W had gotten these scores at Worlds (as they should have). It wasn't the levels here either...V/M actually had a 1.5 advantage in the base value of the tech score...the GOEs did it...D/W had all 2 and 3s (the rotational lift had all 3s) and V/M had quite a few 1s thrown in there. PCS...D/W all the way. 17 10s (V/M had 3) D/W had near perfect scores in Interpretation/Timing and Performance (9.96 in both).

Just a great skate all around for them, in the final step sequence you could feel their joy and abandon and the audience just went along with them. It was fabulous and I'm so happy for them.

So psyched for next season already...I love ubering for a team that never gives in and always gives one hundred percent.

Oh, and I believe Scott made another faux pas in the k&C...

Cyn
04-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Congratulations to Meryl and Charlie!! :cheer2: They truly saved the best (of the best) for last!!

I was a good uber this time and got up for the FD. So glad I did! This was worth it. Meryl and Charlie were fantastic...such a great ending to the season with a joyful dance to Die Fledermaus. The audience loved it...cheers and flowers and a full standing O. And wow, great score, they ended up almost 5 pts ahead of V/M.

The judges here so got it right. This was better than Worlds! :cheer2:

I feel for anyone who missed seeing it live. Fortunately, the ISU link will have the entire FD available On Demand for anyone outside of Japan and Korea to watch Die KickassMaus :D.

I posted this in the PBP thread, but I thought I would share it here as well:

I loved the freedom and joyful abandon with which Meryl and Charlie skated DF tonight. Everything flowed from element to element with a smooth elegance that made the entire program a continuous dance. Their connection to one another, not just with their skating, but with their facial expressions was sheer beauty.

This was by far my favorite outing of Die Fledermaus.

Hopefully someone in the V/M thread has a tank of oxygen ready (along with a valium or 10) to combat the Pani-c Attack that's likely taking place .