PDA

View Full Version : Davis and White #13 - Even Daisuke is a fan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68

Spareoom
09-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Maybe they're doing an Egypt-themed FD and it's for program prep. :p

Theatregirl1122
09-09-2012, 11:14 PM
I saw that too. It strikes me as something that Meryl would be interested in but maybe Charlie is joining her. I can just see them working on their Egyptology homework together on long plane rides during the GP :)

Has Charlie ever mentioned his major? I feel like Meryl's gets mentioned all the time but I don't know about Charlie. It's probably an elective for both of them unless one of them has taken up a major in Near East Studies, though.

For some reason the phrasing just struck me in an amusing way. Like they'd be registered for the class as Meryl Davis & Charlie White.

shan
09-09-2012, 11:20 PM

:scream:

Has Charlie ever mentioned his major? I feel like Meryl's gets mentioned all the time but I don't know about Charlie. It's probably an elective for both of them unless one of them has taken up a major in Near East Studies, though.

For some reason the phrasing just struck me in an amusing way. Like they'd be registered for the class as Meryl Davis & Charlie White.

Charlie is majoring in political science according to the IN bio.

skipaway
09-09-2012, 11:30 PM

Walk like an Egyptian :yikes:

~tapdancer~
09-09-2012, 11:30 PM
I would love to take a course in Egyptolgy. Just for the historical interest. If I could pick an alternate career, I would have been a history teacher.

I know we are all just joking around and so am I...because they are NOT doing an Egyptian themed FD...but Meryl would look lovely as an Egyptian (she can rock about any theme), but I'm picturing Charlie dressed like Bourzat was and it's too frightening to contemplate! :lol: Well, the eyeliner anyway...

shsocu
09-10-2012, 12:40 AM
OT: Does anyone know what step sequence is being used this year in the SD? Circular, Midline...?

literaryfreak
09-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Like they'd be registered for the class as Meryl Davis & Charlie White.

:rofl:

OT: Does anyone know what step sequence is being used this year in the SD? Circular, Midline...?

It looks like either circular or midline no touching can be used for the SD: http://www.usfsa.org/content/2012-13%20Dance%20Short%20Dance%20Chart%20v2%2006-28-12.pdf.

D/W have the best midline no touching step sequences, I really hope they've gone that route. I was a little disappointed in the circular ones Shpilband/Zoueva gave their teams last year - Camerlengo/Krylova and even frickin Morozov created ones that had more weaving in and out and switching places.

Actually, it will be interesting to see what all the Canton teams' step sequences look like now, because I thought Igor was the one in charge of them all this time.

mollymgr
09-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Like they'd be registered for the class as Meryl Davis & Charlie White.

There is no I in team!!!! :rofl:

Egyptian dances = inevitable outlandish makeup and costumes :scream:

Maybe it is Anitra's dance from Peer Gynt. Sinatra was a code word ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK6mzxQUQog

CassAgain
09-10-2012, 01:46 AM
I hope their Egyptology professor will announce their presence in the class: And now taking their seats in the classroom.....Meryl Davis and Charlie White!

Theatregirl1122
09-10-2012, 02:20 AM
I hope their Egyptology professor will announce their presence in the class: And now taking their seats in the classroom.....Meryl Davis and Charlie White!

Perhaps they'll have some pre-taking their seat choreography.

~tapdancer~
09-10-2012, 02:37 AM
We're all really bored, aren't we? :lol:

Come on skating season!

jobelle
09-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Let's throw out a new conversation starter ...

Finish the sentence: "the one piece of music I hope they NEVER skate to is ______ ".

I think this should be specific to Meryl and Charlie. Yes, there are all the been there done that warhorses that we wouldn't wish for anyone to skate to. But what in particular for Meryl and Charlie would you NOT want to see?

I hope that this isn't too much of a downer conversation topic. But I think it might be interesting.

shsocu
09-10-2012, 02:53 AM
With our luck they were going to do something outside the box this year and TPTB put an end to it at Champs Camp

literaryfreak
09-10-2012, 03:47 AM
Maybe it is Anitra's dance from Peer Gynt. Sinatra was a code word ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK6mzxQUQog

Whoa, that's crazy how "Anitra's" is an anagram of Sinatra (sorry for giving it away :P). I have a soft spot for Mallory/Rand's Grieg FD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpVLLfva3L4) 2009-2010 under Igor.

Let's throw out a new conversation starter ...

Finish the sentence: "the one piece of music I hope they NEVER skate to is ______ ".

I think this should be specific to Meryl and Charlie. Yes, there are all the been there done that warhorses that we wouldn't wish for anyone to skate to. But what in particular for Meryl and Charlie would you NOT want to see?

I hope that this isn't too much of a downer conversation topic. But I think it might be interesting.

I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings (some of the music I do like, but not for D/W). In terms of warhorses that I wouldn't like for D/W specifically:
Malaguena, for starters :lol:
Aranjuez
West Side Story
Carmen
Firebird
Scheherazade (because it's too similar)
Riverdance or Lord of the Dance

To offset my negativity (and since I listed more than one), we could list warhorses we do like for D/W. :D Because honestly, they're probably going to use a warhorse or something like one next year.

Warhorses I wouldn't mind:
Turandot/Nessun Dorma (has an ice dance team ever done one?)
Romeo & Juliet (all versions are beautiful, but Prokofiev's is so powerful)
Swan Lake
The Mission
Rach 2
Tristan and Isolde (this isn't a warhorse)

jobelle
09-10-2012, 03:54 AM
I agree with you on your "No" warhorses. Some of those because they bring to mind specific dances that have already been done (Belbin/Agosto did WSS, Khokhlova/Novitski did Firebird, V/M & C/L are doing Carmen this year) and also because some of them like Malaguena, Aranjuez, and Riverdance tend to lend themselves to really generic choreography.

Of the warhorses you listed that you do like, how many of them would have the "required" audible dance beat? Did you see that Tobias/Stagniunas are using that this year? I'm really eager to see what that music will look like on a dance team!