PDA

View Full Version : Davis and White #13 - Even Daisuke is a fan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

carolina
09-06-2012, 03:43 PM
For that comp, he lost me at "Tux??????"

But he could have beaten some of the others.
I think they had no time to change and just did battle with exhibition costumes. That gave Meryl an edge, her dress is perfect for shimmying!!

DORISPULASKI
09-06-2012, 04:13 PM
It was!

You could make a case that Meryl won because she brought the right dress!

But that's one of Meryl's strong points. Almost all of her costumes have been appropriate & flattering. There is an icenetwork article on costumes that is mostly about other skaters, but says, as an aside, that Meryl's mom is very involved in the design phase of her costumes.

If so, I wish mom would work with some of the other skaters! She & Stephanie are fab.

Macassar88
09-06-2012, 05:32 PM
I hadn't! Thank you.

Charlie never really got into it; and Meryl was fab :love:

Lol Charlie did his signature butterfly
And why didn't Meryl do more of that for their SD?

Jessiebanana
09-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Did anyone see this yet? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPg-om-ZJZU&sns=tw

OMG Meryl looks like tinkerbell in that outfit. She's so cute!

Theatregirl1122
09-06-2012, 07:48 PM
I have a hunch that Meryl and Charlie will have the more popular FD this year and Tessa and Scott will have the more popular SD.

Unless Meryl and Charlie choose Tosca or something, it is highly likely that most people will be more annoyed with V&M's music choice. Although obviously I'm hoping that Meryl and Charlie will once again knock it out of the park with their FD (and I'm still crossing my fingers for dark and dramatic).

For the SD, both teams have music that doesn't, at least at first glance, seem to fit with the YP. But Tessa and Scott have a much more interesting music choice (at least as far as choice music people haven't hear much before). I am surprised that Marina is going in a fairly classic direction with both teams. I was hoping she'd do Grand Ballroom for Tessa and Scott (because it's been a while since they did that style and they do it very well) and more folk style for Meryl and Charlie (since they are adorable at that and have done a lot more Grand Ballroom sort of style). Obviously we don't know what Giselle is going to look like, so I'm really only speculating.

I also really loved how difficult Il Postino was and I wish they could have something that impressively difficult again but that dance was definitely Igor's so I don't think that's so likely.

I'm clearly just speculating because the season won't start. :lol:

sap5
09-06-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm hoping D/W will be doing LOTR for their FD. Or maybe resurrect La Strada? It's something they've wanted to do for a long time, so I'm guessing it's something dramatic. Also, Shibs are also doing something dramatic, so maybe Marina is in the mood for drama and will be doing it for all three teams?

jobelle
09-06-2012, 08:05 PM
I would love love love to see a top team do a FD to LOTR. The problem would be choosing the music so that it isn't just a "LOTR greatest hits" program. I'd love to see a team (or singles skater) not just use the main Fellowship theme but maybe pick a character and develop a program around the music for that character. Howard Shore's music is so well put together and there is a lot of information out there about how the musical themes developed. An intelligent choreographer could probably put together a very moving program.

Theatregirl1122
09-06-2012, 08:25 PM
I'd be a bit surprised if they did LOTR just because Charlie's done it but it would be lovely.

I'd probably be rooting for Meryl as Eowyn, despite Arwen possibly being a more obvious choice, just because I love the music for Rohan.

sap5
09-06-2012, 08:27 PM
I'd be a bit surprised if they did LOTR just because Charlie's done it but it would be lovely.

But he did it as a singles skater years ago right?

Theatregirl1122
09-06-2012, 08:32 PM
But he did it as a singles skater years ago right?

Right, but I expect it would still probably feel like a retread to him. Maybe not. But I have a feeling that Meryl and Charlie have a lot of music they like and wouldn't want to go back to something. But then, the shibs did, so who knows.

Have I mentioned that I think it is really cool that Charlie cuts their music together? I don't know if this is common among skaters but I'd never heard anyone else mention doing their own music cuts.

jobelle
09-06-2012, 08:33 PM
I think they should do a program where Meryl is the ring and Charlie is Frodo carrying it to Mt. Doom and resisting the power the Ring increasing has over him. :lol:

He has the curly hobbit hair and I'm pretty sure Meryl could bring the intensity!

Theatregirl1122
09-06-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm pretty sure THAT would qualify as voidy. Especially if Meryl wore a bedazzled gold catsuit. (Note: this is not a suggestion. Meryl should never wear this).

sap5
09-06-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm pretty sure THAT would qualify as voidy. Especially if Meryl wore a bedazzled gold catsuit. (Note: this is not a suggestion. Meryl should never wear this).

How about a dress with a picture of the ring on it? :P

Theatregirl1122
09-06-2012, 09:39 PM
How about a dress with a picture of the ring on it? :P

Not sure that's very voidy.

She could wear a black dress and a gold inner tube around her waist. Sure it would be a costume violation and would make lifts almost impossible, but we have to make sacrifices for art. Plus, if she fell into deep water on the way to the ice, it could save her life!

lauravvv
09-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Have I mentioned that I think it is really cool that Charlie cuts their music together? I don't know if this is common among skaters but I'd never heard anyone else mention doing their own music cuts.Yes, it's cool. I don't know about ice dancers, but Lambiel did (and does) it (not technically, though, as his friend does it for him - obviously not very good with computer programs :lol:).

But I too think that 'LOTR' would be wonderful for Meryl and Charlie.