PDA

View Full Version : Davis and White #13 - Even Daisuke is a fan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

mollymgr
08-11-2012, 03:07 AM
Giselle is their correct SD. :)

Thanks…that one doesn't seem like a bad idea at all :cheer2:

sap5
08-11-2012, 03:23 AM
Oooh! What can the piece they wanted to do forever be? Lord of the Rings? Beauty and the Beast?

literaryfreak
08-11-2012, 04:42 AM
So Icenetwork did screw up! :blah: I thought there was something a little sneaky with the way Marina worded her statement in that icenetwork article.

Clearly those of us who were unhappy were incredibly astute as Meryl and Charlie were also unhappy with the concept! ;)

For once, I do not feel at all bad for trashing their FD choice, since dare I say, maybe they had the same reservations we did? :P

For the record, my problem is not with the music itself. I wouldn't mind it as a SD or exhibition. Just not as a FD.

If it's something they've wanted to do for awhile, I hope that means they're bringing the :drama: :drama:! A girl can dream.

Sylvia
08-11-2012, 04:47 AM
As I understand it, the U.S. team envelope skaters are responsible for submitting their program music directly to USFS for their Team USA bios (that are published on IceNetwork) so I'm :confused: how this "egregious miscommunication" occurred?

Bournekraatzfan
08-11-2012, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the info, TanithandBenFan! So Ol' Blue Eyes is out. I can't wait to learn of their FD music selection and the story behind it.

Also, thank you HSGP21 for that article. I am glad Meryl and Charlie had the opportunity to clarify the circumstances surrounding the coaching situation.

Jessiebanana
08-11-2012, 05:33 AM
I am a little relieved by the fact that they have people helping them with the technical aspects with Igor no longer there.
I agree that Marina not making any comments just confirms that the music listed is correct. For their sake, I hope they do not have to scrap any programs this year even though I'm not too thrilled about Sinatra. It would seem like a lot of hours of hard work going down the drain having to re-do an entire program when they could spend that time refining an existing one.

I agree, I was a bit worried. I don't think this could have been a coincidence though. Marina had to have been thinking of getting rid of Igor for a while to have someone so well suited lined up.

Jessiebanana
08-11-2012, 05:39 AM
I was cool with the Sinatra, but I'm SUPER excited to see them do something they've been wanting to do for a while. I feel like lately Davis/White have been either given programs or "challenging" themselves, so it will be nice to see them do something that came from them...and I hope they bring it! And that the judges actually watch it. I can't handle another repeat of Worlds :p.

DORISPULASKI
08-11-2012, 10:11 AM
It is too amazing that Babs is working with Igor's students and Maurizio is working with Marina's.

What an opportunity for death stares at competitions when it is C&B vs the Shibs (I hope both Babs & Maurizio can make US Nationals)!

marbri
08-11-2012, 01:23 PM
As I understand it, the U.S. team envelope skaters are responsible for submitting their program music directly to USFS for their Team USA bios (that are published on IceNetwork) so I'm :confused: how this "egregious miscommunication" occurred?

It is strange.

mollymgr
08-11-2012, 03:25 PM

Maybe they sent in the an older version of the file…

I found it strange that IN did not make a big deal about it by following with an article announcing it like they do for all other skaters. They still haven't corrected it.

maggylyn
08-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Maybe they sent in the an older version of the file…

I found it strange that IN did not make a big deal about it by following with an article announcing it like they do for all other skaters. They still haven't corrected it.

I don't think IN can correct something based on rumor. They would have to wait for some kind of correction from the information submitted by USFS or the skaters themselves.

DORISPULASKI
08-11-2012, 04:50 PM
The article is now missing from the IN site as of noon EDT 8/11/2012.

::confused:

mollymgr
08-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't think IN can correct something based on rumor. They would have to wait for some kind of correction from the information submitted by USFS or the skaters themselves.

Well, since Marina did not want to confirm it, they could have replaced it with TBD. I am not saying they should change it based on what's posted on forums. Really it isn't a big deal. It is what it is.
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120810&content_id=36449936&vkey=ice_news

Yes, it is missing from the main page and the article listing page. But the old link still works. I think it has little to do with the info in the article. It probably has more to do with Evan making a coming back and several articles populating the front page :D

shan
08-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Yes, it is missing from the main page and the article listing page. But the old link still works. I think it has little to do with the info in the article. It probably has more to do with Evan making a coming back and several articles populating the front page :D

It's strange that it has disappeared from the IN site other than the link we have. It is more current news than most of the articles on the front page. Weird...

mollymgr
08-11-2012, 07:50 PM
It's strange that it has disappeared from the IN site other than the link we have. It is more current news than most of the articles on the front page. Weird...

I guess we should give them a break. They have their hands full trying to make Evan appear front, right, left and center now that he has announced his comeback. Plus, it seems like they only update on Tuesdays and Wednesdays unless something more pressing comes along.

Maia and Alex posted photos from the ice tour. There were some I hadn't seen before.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.517600338256566.141188.168543383162265&type=1