PDA

View Full Version : Davis and White #13 - Even Daisuke is a fan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

lmarie086
06-04-2012, 04:43 AM
So do I, PinkFeathers. I can't even begin to imagine how stressful this for them all. :(

~tapdancer~
06-04-2012, 05:25 AM
I'm on vacation right now, too, but I can't begin to tell you all how upset I am over this for Meryl and Charlie. :( Really hoping things turn out for the best for all.

Theatregirl1122
06-04-2012, 05:52 AM
I'm sort of hoping Meryl and Charlie will either go with Igor or do something else entirely. Marina, Igor, Meryl & Charlie, Tessa & Scott, and the Shibs didn't seem like the best situation for Meryl and Charlie politically. Removing Igor from that situation sounds infinitely worse for them.

Either way this is going to be a huge shake up for everyone involved.

ballettmaus
06-04-2012, 06:03 AM
I have no clue about the relationship between Igor and Marina but what's the saying? Never change a winning team. And Igor and Marina were just that so what would she gain from having him thrown out? :confused:
I hope this doesn't hurt any of the North American dance teams given that the Olympic Games are in Russia and Russia has lost its ice dance dominance... :slinkaway

sap5
06-04-2012, 06:12 AM
I'm sort of hoping Meryl and Charlie will either go with Igor or do something else entirely. Marina, Igor, Meryl & Charlie, Tessa & Scott, and the Shibs didn't seem like the best situation for Meryl and Charlie politically. Removing Igor from that situation sounds infinitely worse for them.

I agree. I think D/W would do very well if they went with Igor.

missysays
06-04-2012, 06:56 AM
If Charlie's mom is correct and the skaters are caught in the middle then if I were in their shoes I don't know that I would want to stay in a place where one of my coaches and the management at the rink were putting words in my mouth and publicly attributing the firing of a coach to me and my teammates.

I don't care how good the choreography is- and it's not that great as far as I'm concerned.

Though if Meryl and Charlie leave Tessa and Scott will get top team billing at the Canton rink and more attention from Marina.

Boy- if other countries ever wanted to derail the Canton strangle hold at the top of the worlds podium, they couldn't have shattered it better if they'd launched a heat seeking missile.

Vash01
06-04-2012, 10:09 AM
We don't know the whole story but someone has made a very bad decision in breaking up a top team of a coach, choreographer and 2 top ice dance teams in the world. I hope Meryl & Charlie did not have anything to do with it, and I hope they can go wherever Igor is. They can always find another choreographer.

The article published in the GSD thread said that all 3 top ice dance teams wanted Igor out. That is confusing. I can't imagine the Shibutanis having a say in this. What could Igor have done to make ALL the skaters unhappy?

I am still hoping that D&S stick with Igor and get out of the Canton club. May be it will be less stressful to be away from V&M. May be the daily competition was too much for both teams.

Vash01
06-04-2012, 10:14 AM
New edits to the article suggest this was more a conflict between Marina and Igor, as opposed to the top three teams banding together. If one (or more) follow Igor to another rink, we'll know that to be true for sure. Until then.....

If that is the case, Marina must have a lot of power with the rink's top management.

I hope D&S don't have to look for another coach at this point in their career, when they clearly want to win the OGM in 2014. School can wait, from my perspective, but it will depend on how they view the situation. I feel sorry for them, and other skaters.

mia joy
06-04-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm mostly shocked by the way HOW it happened. Out of the blue, on a Sunday, while the skaters were on vacation and didn't even stand a chance to have a voice in all this?

It is really hard for me to believe Meryl and Charlie wanted him out, unless of course there's another problem we don't know about. Igor always seemed more pro-D/W, while Marina pro-V/M. In this case, I really, really would like Meryl and Charlie to consider other options rather than to stay with Marina and her favourites to clearly become a second Canton team, instead of being an equal first.

Igor does mention them a lot in the article so here's hoping they can figure something out together.

Whatever happens next, though, I feel sorry for all the poor skaters in the gang. I wonder if they had the slightest clue about what was going to happen or were caught by surprise like us.

Marta24
06-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi! My first time posting in this thread. I am also of the opinion that D&W should go with Igor. I mean, there are a lot of good choreographers, but there aren't as much coaches with Igor Shpilband's technical expertise.

DORISPULASKI
06-04-2012, 10:26 AM
The story, as told in the Free Press, sounds completely implausible.

It claims there was coordinated action between the 3 teams, complaining because they were not getting any attention to both USFS and the rink, when Tessa & Scott were on CSOI tour from April 27th to May 18th and then went on vacation. And Charlie was tweeting beach photos of him & Tanith. And Maia & Alex were in Hawaii with Ross Miner eating sushi.

Something sounds fishy to me, and not just the sushi, particularly in the light of Jacqui White's post.

mia joy
06-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Nevermind, found it ;)

Shayii
06-04-2012, 10:39 AM
The story, as told in the Free Press, sounds completely implausible.

It claims there was coordinated action between the 3 teams, complaining because they were not getting any attention to both USFS and the rink, when Tessa & Scott were on CSOI tour from April 27th to May 18th and then went on vacation. And Charlie was tweeting beach photos of him & Tanith. And Maia & Alex were in Hawaii with Ross Miner eating sushi.

Something sounds fishy to me, and not just the sushi, particularly in the light of Jacqui White's post.
This, this, and this a thousand times over!

Tesla
06-04-2012, 12:01 PM
I think the club is tring to use the skaters as scapegoats because critics won't come down hard on them. I hope Meryl and Charlie don't let themselves be used.

Golightly
06-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I think the club is tring to use the skaters as scapegoats because critics won't come down hard on them. I hope Meryl and Charlie don't let themselves be used.

I totally agree. I was also saying on the VM thread that this seems more serious than just a fight between egos. Then there's the excuse they used: blaming it all on the top two, even adding the Shibs into the mix. That seems so implausible to me. That either of these skaters conspired to get Igor fired. Something very bad must have happened because Igor is perhaps the most important figure in ice dance right now. No one, not even Marina, gain anything by getting him fired, he has a lot of power. So, what did he do? Why was the USFSA informed of an irregular situation? My guess is this is serious enough that we will not know about it and the Artic Edge went for the most ridiculous excuse, i.e. the kids feel ignored, blah blah.

I am not saying there wasn't a rift between Igor and Marina, I am saying maybe they preferred to use that as an explanation than to say what really happened. I really hope I am wrong, though, I really hope it was just Marina and Igor fighting for power, but I do not think that is what really happened.