PDA

View Full Version : Davis and White #13 - Even Daisuke is a fan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

DORISPULASKI
05-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I was just watching Dirty Dancing last night, and there is a lot of great music, and a good & workable story there.

Meryl would make a great "Baby" Frances Houseman. And Charlie's developed enough that I think he could do a great Johnny these days.

It's funny how when you see something 20 years later, you see different things in it. I liked it better the second time.

I was much more amused this time by the proof positive that Rob was a total loser for life was that he carried around his copy of Ayn Rand The Foundation, obviously well, well worn, and wrote notes to himself in it.

semogal
05-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I was just watching Dirty Dancing last night, and there is a lot of great music, and a good & workable story there.

Meryl would make a great "Baby" Frances Houseman. And Charlie's developed enough that I think he could do a great Johnny these days.

It's funny how when you see something 20 years later, you see different things in it. I liked it better the second time.

I was much more amused this time by the proof positive that Rob was a total loser for life was that he carried around his copy of Ayn Rand The Foundation, obviously well, well worn, and wrote notes to himself in it.

I too think that Dirty Dancing would be a good vehicle for Meryl and Charlie. The music is very audience friendly, great story possibilities and a departure from the classics.

mollymgr
05-10-2012, 10:26 PM

No matter how much I try, I just can't get myself to like Dirty Dancing :scream: It seems so cheesy.

DORISPULASKI
05-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Try watching it again....but they should not use Hungry Eyes...

Theatregirl1122
05-11-2012, 01:01 AM
I feel like I wouldn't like Dirty Dancing any better as a concept than I liked Funny Face.

~tapdancer~
05-11-2012, 02:29 AM
I can't help but feel that "Dirty Dancing" would be cheesy, too. At least for Meryl and Charlie, it just doesn't feel like "them" to me. I think character-driven programs work really well for them and I want to see another one.

Sk8fun
05-11-2012, 03:30 AM
I agree with the idea of Miss Saigon. A lyric is popping into my mind "I'd swear I'd give my life for you" and then follows with great music for twizzles or the spin. Watch out Marina I'm choreographing. :)

I don't like the idea of Dirty Dancing. It just doesn't seem sophisticated enough for them. Just my opinion.

literaryfreak
05-11-2012, 04:17 AM
I really liked Pechalat/Bourzat's Dirty Dancing exhibition (and I detest "The Time of My Life" ), to the point where I half expect them to have a Dirty Dancing FD this coming year.

TanithandBenFan
05-13-2012, 06:12 AM
I did a fun interview on my blog with Meryl and Charlie's moms for Mother's Day! They talk about their competition travels, some Meryl and Charlie costume disasters, and more here. (http://jennifercomeaux.blogspot.com/2012/05/celebrity-moms-interview.html) :)

DORISPULASKI
05-13-2012, 12:00 PM
Thank you & great job! Interviewing the moms for Mothers' Day was a super idea.

~tapdancer~
05-13-2012, 01:23 PM
I did a fun interview on my blog with Meryl and Charlie's moms for Mother's Day! They talk about their competition travels, some Meryl and Charlie costume disasters, and more here. (http://jennifercomeaux.blogspot.com/2012/05/celebrity-moms-interview.html) :)

Great interview from two great moms! Thanks so much!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms~

mollymgr
05-13-2012, 02:35 PM

Thanks TanithandBenFan. That was wonderful :cheer2:.I loved the question about the costume disasters.

lmarie086
05-13-2012, 03:29 PM
What a great interview! Loved reading that, so fun :) Can't believe Meryl and Cheryl (haha) had such trouble getting costumes that one time!
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's here (and elsewhere on FSU), I hope you all free special and appreciated- not just today, but every day!

literaryfreak
05-13-2012, 05:54 PM
One of the best interviews regarding Meryl & Charlie to date! I love that both the moms named Samson & Delilah as their favorite, it seems to be universal. :)

I wonder what dress was from NYC, if it was one used in competition.

I also liked reading what other skaters they admire. Whenever I hear Mozart's Requiem these days, I involuntarily start miming the circular step sequence in Denkova/Staviski's 06-07 FD. :D

Bournekraatzfan
05-13-2012, 08:18 PM
I really liked Pechalat/Bourzat's Dirty Dancing exhibition (and I detest "The Time of My Life" ), to the point where I half expect them to have a Dirty Dancing FD this coming year.

I loved it too, even though I don't care for the B.E.P. version of the song. They rocked it and I, too, was wondering if they would go in that direction next year.

Thank you so much for this, Jennifer! Lovely interview! It is so nice to hear from the moms, and they each gave great advice. I, too, love that S&D is their favourite. and lol at Charlie's ER costume--thank goodness that wasn't the final version!

btw, I love the part where Cheryl recounts the New York costume story. Meryl's positive attitude--"when you have lemons, make lemonade!"--seems to have carried through to her competitive life today.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone who is celebrating today:)