PDA

View Full Version : Davis and White #13 - Even Daisuke is a fan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

neptune
04-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Of all the interviews I've seen from Peter, my expectations are not very high. Most of them are awkward or tend to go that way at some point. It seemed like the focus was more on the interviewers than the interviewees.:lol:

That's an excellent point. This really isn't The Tonight Show, after all. :) The interviewers should honestly be letting all the spotlight fall on the national champs and resist the temptation to steal the show. They may mean well, but it's a bit disrespectful to their guests. Again, their bosses need to address this issue IMO.

aftershocks
04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
I would agree with that. If Peter had "behaved," I believe Johnny would have too...

You make great points too neptune. Since we are way off topic in this thread, I'm going to take this discussion to the Johnny thread here in Trash Can. Please visit there cuz I'll provide the link to another FSU thread where Johnny's great commentating skills were discussed. Too bad you missed his recent commentary for IceNetwork.com at U.S. Nationals.

literaryfreak
04-29-2012, 08:08 PM
FYI- for those who had been crying out for D/W to do a number by Florence and the Machine, it looks like W/P have beat them to the bunch with this exhibition number for SOI. It looks great on them-perfect driving music for skating. The choreography also really use the accents in the music really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsslfmlTQvI

Thanks for the link! W/P do use the music very well.

I had an idea today: a Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon FD. It's different but not too out there, has a sweeping instrumental soundtrack but with strong beats. I will admit I have not listened to much of the music so far but the theme intrigues me. I feel like someone may have already mentioned this idea? It could be the equivalent of their Bollywood OD but for an FD.

I'm excited to see what direction D/W choose for next year, based on that icenetwork article about having some potential programs already cut.

mollymgr
04-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Aren't they scheduled for SOI at the end of this week?

DORISPULASKI
04-29-2012, 08:20 PM
D&W will be performing in CSOI in Hamilton & Toronto & London in early May.

Then they have 6 stops in The ICE in Japan in July.

Davis&WhiteFan
04-29-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm curious...

Last year I was not of a reader of FSU and am now wondering what you all thought of their Argentine Tango free dance. I never really liked it until they performed it at worlds. They hit it out of the park and I was literally in tears! Before, I was never able to really connect with it for some reason. What did y'all think about it?

DORISPULASKI
04-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Thanks to Bourne&KraatzFan who posted this in the CSOI thread.

Cheap CSOI tickets for Hamilton, Ontario

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is able to attend the Hamilton show on May 3rd, groupon is offering tickets and ticket packages for as little as $15. There are also packages for $35 (which includes a signed poster of Joannie Rochette) and $75 (which includes the poster and access to the pre-show warm-up. I believe these prices include extra fees, but I don't know for sure.

If any D&W fans can make it to the Hamilton show, vids would be appreciated! I especially want to see the exhibition version of DF!

mollymgr
04-30-2012, 02:02 AM
I'm curious...

Last year I was not of a reader of FSU and am now wondering what you all thought of their Argentine Tango free dance. I never really liked it until they performed it at worlds. They hit it out of the park and I was literally in tears! Before, I was never able to really connect with it for some reason. What did y'all think about it?

I really liked their Tango FD (I may be in a minority here, but I also liked their Tango OD so I was pretty excited when they announced that they were going to do a Tango). It was fun to watch the transformation of that program and how they perfected that program by World's. I would have to agree that the World's version was the best with the National's one coming a close second IMO.

DORISPULASKI
04-30-2012, 02:35 AM
The midline step not touching in the Tango OD is a favorite sequence for me.

It took quite a while for me to warm up to the Tango FD as a dance, but I loved the intricacy of the steps and the creativity of so many of the moves in it. And at Worlds, I finally really appreciated it.

However, SD and DF are my favorite D&W FD's still...

DORISPULASKI
04-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Which, now that it's the end of the season, which performance of each of their programs do you like the best? Which is the one you'll be bookmarking to watch?

I'm having trouble deciding this year.

I love the orange dress, so I guess I'll be watching the GPF version, but it doesn't have a great shot of them just motoring into the rhumba after the change of edge key point. And it doesn't have that bit where Charlie throws Meryl across the ice on her knees. The US Nationals has that, but not the orange dress. So it's one of those two.

Charlie had a trip at CoR, and there's a visible flaw in the circular step at WTT. And Worlds they did not seem as relaxed. 4CC's, the ending looks a little bit wild. Skate America was pretty good, but everything is not quite spiffed yet.

For the FD, it will probably be WTT, because of the crowd reaction, but I thought Worlds was skated a bit better.

The US Nationals version of the Adele EX, I think?

Which one's are your favorites?

Davis&WhiteFan
04-30-2012, 05:19 PM
That's a tough one.

I really enjoyed their SD at the GPF and Nationals. GPF because they set a world record and beat V/M. Nationals because I LOVE that brown dress.

Skate America's FD wasn't my favorite, but still so special. The breathtaking unveiling of a masterpiece. I was so disappointed to hear they had dumped La Strada. But I began to listen to Die Fledermaus and it grew on me. By the time SA rolled around, I was excitedly anticipating their new program. What a joy to watch!

The FDs from the GPF and WCs were amazing but marred by other things. Computer errors and a scoring system I don't understand. But the FD from WTT! Redemption is sweet! So happy and carefree and what an appreciative audience! The WTT was the perfect way to finish the season.

TanithandBenFan
04-30-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm curious...

I fell more in love with it with each performance last year and by Worlds I was completely in awe of the difficulty of the program and how masterfully they performed it. I know they got a lot of criticism about their connection in the program, but I thought there was a simmering sensuality about their performance at Worlds that totally drew me in. Now I want to go watch it again. :)

shan
04-30-2012, 09:25 PM
I like the GPF version of the SD. And I can't decide between Worlds and WTT for my favorite FD.

I love the WTT exhibition partly because of the response to the encore! :)

I hope we get to see videos from CSOI. I can't believe it's the off season already.

DORISPULASKI
04-30-2012, 09:29 PM
I do hope there will be CSOI videos!!

mollymgr
04-30-2012, 11:40 PM
I love the WTT exhibition partly because of the response to the encore! :)

Haha…so true…I've also liked their Bollywood encores in the past in non-Bollywood clothes :lol:

After having watched all of them, I liked the WC SD the best. I liked Meryl's dress at Nationals.
For the FD, the Worlds and WTT are tough to pick from for me. I keep going back and forth on which one I like better.