PDA

View Full Version : Davis and White #13 - Even Daisuke is a fan

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

DORISPULASKI
04-23-2012, 12:28 AM
I do too.

shsocu
04-23-2012, 02:15 AM
Watching the victory ceremony. Meryl must have really put some muscle into her high five :)

shan
04-23-2012, 02:21 AM
Watching the victory ceremony. Meryl must have really put some muscle into her high five :)

I noticed that too. I think she hurt Patrick's hand (and hers too). :rofl:

lmarie086
04-23-2012, 03:02 AM
I agree, I really hope Meryl and Charlie do a more country polka. They've done grand ballroom the last two years. And they would do an absolutely adorable country polka. I think something playful would be nice for them.

Yes! I so want to see something more country. I really hope they come up with a clever storyline too, IMO they excel when there's a story to tell.

shsocu
04-23-2012, 03:25 AM
Team USA Gala
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvdkt-VJZ4

missysays
04-23-2012, 03:43 AM
There's a super clear shot of Meryl and Charlie applauding Daisuke as he's giving the speech at the end. Cute.

Does anyone know what he's saying? I think I caught "Thank you" in there somewhere.:)

sleepypanda
04-23-2012, 05:13 AM
There's a super clear shot of Meryl and Charlie applauding Daisuke as he's giving the speech at the end. Cute.

Does anyone know what he's saying? I think I caught "Thank you" in there somewhere.:)

He's basically thanking the audience for being awesome. :) Here's roughly what he said: "Everyone, thank you so much for today. I think all the athletes who came here to Japan had a really good time and it's thanks to the audience. Our season ends here. Looking towards the next season, I think everyone here will do their best aiming towards being the worlds' best. Thank you so much for your support. Thank you."

I might've missed something or something's a bit off, but I think that's about the gist of it!

missysays
04-23-2012, 07:02 AM
He's basically thanking the audience for being awesome. :) Here's roughly what he said: "Everyone, thank you so much for today. I think all the athletes who came here to Japan had a really good time and it's thanks to the audience. Our season ends here. Looking towards the next season, I think everyone here will do their best aiming towards being the worlds' best. Thank you so much for your support. Thank you."

I might've missed something or something's a bit off, but I think that's about the gist of it!

Thanks!

aftershocks
04-23-2012, 08:37 PM
I suppose by now D/W fans have taken Worlds 2012 results in stride, following the classy lead of Meryl and Charlie. Nonetheless, I found the below blogger's views interesting, and ITA with most of this assessment:

(And, :lol: at: "Tessa's and Meryl's eye-makeup deserves a gold medal by itself." Maybe they can give Caydee some tips. :) )

http://caltventertainment.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/judging-scandal-already-virtue-and-moir-take-gold-medal-in-ice-dance-at-the-world-figure-skating-championships-2012/

Aunt Joyce had some choice interesting comments about Worlds 2012 results as well. The politics indeed is often puke-worthy. However, more and more I am trying to find a way to divorce results from what amazing skaters are able to do on the ice. The strange strictures and narrow limitations of the figure skating World are so at odds with the beauty, dedication, aspirations, courage and accomplishments of so many skaters.

And no, rewarding Meryl and Charlie at WTT does not make up for the holding down of their marks in both the sd and fd at Worlds. In the end, no matter, I really enjoy watching Meryl and Charlie and witnessing how much they have grown as skaters and human beings.

sk9tingfan
04-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Thank you so much for posting this. I sent it off to Sonia Bianchetti, who should appreciate the points that the author makes. I am in total agreement with the points made. :)

Bournekraatzfan
04-23-2012, 09:37 PM

Thank you very much for the translation, sleepypanda:)
I would love to see Dai and Meryl do a little choreography sequence together. I did notice her heartily applauding after his FS, just sayin...;)

DORISPULASKI
04-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Sonia usually write a blog entry about Worlds. Has she written this year's yet?

sk9tingfan
04-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Sonia usually write a blog entry about Worlds. Has she written this year's yet?

Yes, but unfortunately, I did not save it. She came down squarely on the side of the D&W but I can't immediately remember the exact words used.

~tapdancer~
04-24-2012, 12:22 AM
I suppose by now D/W fans have taken Worlds 2012 results in stride, following the classy lead of Meryl and Charlie. Nonetheless, I found the below blogger's views interesting, and ITA with most of this assessment:

(And, :lol: at: "Tessa's and Meryl's eye-makeup deserves a gold medal by itself." Maybe they can give Caydee some tips. :) )

http://caltventertainment.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/judging-scandal-already-virtue-and-moir-take-gold-medal-in-ice-dance-at-the-world-figure-skating-championships-2012/

Aunt Joyce had some choice interesting comments about Worlds 2012 results as well. The politics indeed is often puke-worthy. However, more and more I am trying to find a way to divorce results from what amazing skaters are able to do on the ice. The strange strictures and narrow limitations of the figure skating World are so at odds with the beauty, dedication, aspirations, courage and accomplishments of so many skaters.

And no, rewarding Meryl and Charlie at WTT does not make up for the holding down of their marks in both the sd and fd at Worlds. In the end, no matter, I really enjoy watching Meryl and Charlie and witnessing how much they have grown as skaters and human beings.Nice post. Interesting read from the blogger...pretty straight forward and the gloves were certainly off! Have to say I agree with it, too. I am convinced that there was definitely some political dealings going on at Worlds and no amount of arguing over levels and edges will convince me otherwise. But it is what it is and it's over. We move onward.

Watching Meryl and Charlie skate is always enough for me, the results they get are more important for them. Skaters usually say they try not to focus on the results and that's a good way to compete but at the same time, we all know it's very satisfying to a skater to win or medal because even though they skate for the love of it, they are athletes and they can't help but have a competitive spirit. Of course as a fan, I just can't help but be happy for them when they win.

missysays
04-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Love the stretch in this picture from Meryl...

http://photography.ice-dance.com/2011-12/2012WTT/Dance/FD/12WTT-FD-1306-DW-RR.jpg.php

It looks like she's flying around Charlie.:)