PDA

View Full Version : Czisny NOT to retire

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

loulou
04-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Your post above, where you mentioned your own "curiosity".

About how Dilng got the informations he/she decided to publicly share - that is legit, isn't it?

My english is not perfect, but implying I meant Czisny was under obligation to share personal matters is a wild leap you decided to take.

Frau Muller
04-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote of the day, courtesy of Jo-Ann Barnas of Detroit Free Press:
This morning at a coffee shop in Bloomfield Hills, Czisny sat with her laptop answering emails and reading comments posted about her on a figure skating Web site.

So she DOES read our comments. Hopefully she can take criticism and do something about the problems.

Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120410/SPORTS17/120410053

IceAlisa
04-12-2012, 05:30 PM
In this case, I hope that she comes away with a positive message after reading FSU. There were plenty of negative ones but overall, I think there is a lot of support. She is such a talent and had overcome problems before. I think she can rally and give us more beautiful moments in skating. Best of luck in the off-season.

ETA: I've read the article: it sounds like perhaps she is reading a fan-site dedicated to herself rather than FSU. Does anyone else get that impression?

Sylvia
04-12-2012, 05:31 PM
How do we know she was reading FSU?

ETA: IF she was reading FSU, I hope she only read this thread: Let's support Alissa Czisny (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83102)

Frau Muller
04-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Her smiling at her performance in France is reminiscent of how she flashed that toothy smile after screwing up her short program at nationals. Get angry for a change, Girl.

Glad that it's not just me noticing those big choppers. I've just given you positive rep, fenway2!

Seriously, this totally irks...like some dumbo Miss America pageant contestant who is told to "keep smiling" and, when in doubt, just answer "I want peace in the world."

RD
04-12-2012, 05:44 PM
How do we know she was reading FSU?

ETA: IF was reading FSU, I hope she only read this thread: Let's support Alissa Czisny (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83102)

Right. That is the thread.

But the poster is right- there IS a lot of support for Czisny within the community, much more than there was for Flatt last year. People rightfully put the heat on Rachel after what she did, but many of these same people are giving Czisny a pass/complaining about negative comments on her? Go figure. Anything to defend their favorites :lol:

Those who don't learn from mistakes are bound to repeat them. If Czisny does not get to the bottom of what went wrong last month, I am not confident she can prevent it from happening again. I think there is enough evidence/stats for USFS to keep her from another world team if they wanted...

query5
04-12-2012, 06:01 PM
alissa will probably get 2 gp events. she has placed high enough in world standing, points.

i think reason asked alisaa-i heard no matter what she got the wtt assignment and due the bruhaha regarding 4cc they decided to asked her and the fact she was left out last time.

i am taking a wait and see with alissa-she does okay in beginning of season
but last half -it up in air-not bad-not good either

4times worlds 2007-14th, 2009-11th, 2011-5th, 2012-22nd
4cc she finished i think a 9th, 7th and 5th.
so i am waiting and see approach.

for me she is too good of a skater to skate that way.

mtnskater
04-12-2012, 06:20 PM
I wonder if Alissa should try the Kostner approach to watering down the jump content of her programs and emphasizing the skating skills, sophistication and choreography and perhaps skate more clean programs to gain confidence. This approach worked wonders for Carolina. Czisny never waters down jumps in her programs and rarely if ever doubles or pops. She just throws those triples hoping to land. I wonder if her team is aware this approach really helped Carolina get to the top. Alissa's skating skills and artistic ability are on par with Kostner and her spins much superior. This should be more emphasized much more in her programs. It seems
this year her team watered down the PCS component leaving mostly jumps and when those fail her , which they often do, she must have the skating/artistic elements to hold her up like Carolina.

RD
04-12-2012, 06:31 PM
One thing Kostner has that Czisny doesn't is a 3-3, though. If such an approach is to work for Czisny, I think she'll have to at least get one consistent. And after this season, I'd seriously question her ability to do so- although if she's willing to try...

B.Cooper
04-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Kostner watered down her programs initially because of the injury issue to her leg/knee. I think the lutz still gives her problems with pain/irritation/inflammation and so she just doesn't include the jump in her programs.

mtnskater
04-12-2012, 07:00 PM
I know that is why Carolina initially watered down her programs..... but for the injury she might never have done it and discovered that it worked wonders for her confidence. She also shot up in the standings to everyone's surprise with less difficult jump content. I'm only suggesting Czisny consider the same approach for a time to see if that helps her confidence and results.

triple_toe
04-12-2012, 07:25 PM
The problem with that is Czisny doesn't really have any strong jumps, they're all equally likely to go wrong. Carolina was usually consistent with toe, sal, and axel. What about Alissa? Her axel's always been iffy, and while her toe is pretty good, she doesn't even attempt salchow... Her lutz always seemed to be her money jump until this season. Her flip, for all its technical flaws, seems to be the one jump she could count on this season. Her loop is supposedly easier for her than the flip but replacing one for the other still didn't work in the short. Exactly what kind of watered down content would we be looking at? 2 axels, 2 toes, 1 lutz, 1 flip, and 1 loop? Would that work for her?

apatinar
04-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Alissa's triple toe is one of her weakest triples so forget her trying a triple toe triple toe combo... Forget any triple triple with the loop...The landing of her flip swings around so forget adding a triple toe to that.. The only one she has a prayer of doing is the triple lutz triple toe- she landed it once in competition (a bit cheated) but her trying it this year totally F'd up her triple lutz.. This is really bad news that Alissa wants to continue.. Continuing on with her pattern, she will skate well next year and make the world team and then implode at worlds thus costing the US a 3rd spot at the Olympics AGAIN!! This whole thing is disaster waiting to happen.. I am just hoping that Gracie Gold gets in that ballet studio this summer and works on her presentation so that she and Ashley can force Alissa off the team no matter how she skates..

demetriosj
04-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Continuing on with her pattern, she will skate well next year and make the world team and then implode at worlds thus costing the US a 3rd spot at the Olympics AGAIN!! This whole thing is disaster waiting to happen.. I am just hoping that Gracie Gold gets in that ballet studio this summer and works on her presentation so that she and Ashley can force Alissa off the team no matter how she skates..

don't forget Caroline Zhang,

possibly Courtney Hicks, if she can get back to form,

Agnes Z, Mirai?

& other dark horses.........

Iceman
04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
IMO Very little has been accomplished under Jason's coaching. Her competitive history with him has, like in the past. been a mixed bag of successes and failures. She needs to go to someone who can help her solve her jump problems, if that is possible at this stage (and I think it probably is). I don't think jump coaching is the strongest hand a former pairs skater has to bring to the table.