PDA

View Full Version : Czisny NOT to retire

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

skatesindreams
04-11-2012, 09:10 PM
She has no obligation to share her personal issues with us; even if people are "curious" about them.

shah
04-11-2012, 09:36 PM
go Alissa!!!:cheer2:

loulou
04-11-2012, 11:05 PM
She has no obligation to share her personal issues with us; even if people are "curious" about them.

If you got the impression I was implying the contrary, then I'd like to know what gave you that.

That's a board: when someone goes ahead and posts publicly informations, as Dilng did, I can ask where he/she got them, right?

RD
04-11-2012, 11:10 PM
...[her] music last year was more uplifting, it was also much busier and melodic. It gave her something to feel and express. She had to make sure she hit the jumps right on the music. Gave her less time to think or dwell on mistakes. This year the music has little change in mood or tempo and had much less nuances, and probably allows much more negative thoughts to creep into her mind.

Perhaps, but she seemed to be doing ok at the beginning of the season...(even if she was not in full form)

skatesindreams
04-11-2012, 11:17 PM
If you got the impression I was implying the contrary, then I'd like to know what gave you that.

Your post above, where you mentioned your own "curiosity".

AliasJohnDoe
04-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Go Alissa!!! So glad she decided to put this performance behind her and keep competeing!!! Hope she stays till Sochi!!!

To bad she has class. Would love for her to post "Suck it bitchers". :P

demetriosj
04-12-2012, 12:45 AM
maybe she is injured, but hoping she can skate next season

Why make any decisions right now?

LilJen
04-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Dream scenario from my end. Alissa competes until 2014 when she goes to a post-Olympic Worlds, skates two clean programs and medals to get the US 3 spots for 2015. And all the former haterz now proclaim her the new savior of US skating and beg her not to retire :P.

I LIKE this!!!

jlai
04-12-2012, 02:59 AM
I like her and definitely would rather watch her spin all day than get yet another "Olympic hope" from US (what number would that be? 83244th? 83245th?), but of course, nothing would get me more pleased than her rubbing the faces of the posters here who posted all that nonsense in the corresponding Worlds thread :respec:

The majority of posters here would be happy to see Czisny do well again, even those who have expressed doubts/frustrations recently.

Perhaps some are frustrated with how this could happen when it could have been avoided. Czisny in 22nd is a lose-lose situation for both her and the skater who could have gone instead. It is unfortunate though that some of the frustrations end up sounding so negative.

I know some care deeply about spots, but for me, I want all top US ladies to get a shot at doing well at the Olympics or worlds. Flatt, Wagner, Nagasu and Czisny all had one or two good experience competing at worlds/Olympics. I'll be happy if Zhang keeps improving and finally gets a break from USFSA next year (she hasn't gotten benefit of doubt in US nationals ever). And I say this as someone who doesn't care for her skating. Spread the wealth, USFSA.

I think the second she skates well in a major event again, they'll be back on the bandwagon. Logic and consistency were never strong points for haterz.

Haterz are people who say so-and-so doesn't deserve a medal even when that skater has skated lights out. (Plushenko, Lysacek, etc etc.) Most fans are in the middle range, they vent when skaters don't skate well and express support when those skaters do. Very few fans support everybody all the way all the time. I mean, I didn't see people supporting Fumie this passionately this year when she didn't make out of regionals.. :shuffle: (And where were all the supporters when people complained about Joubert, Evan, Flatt, Caroline Zhang? :fragile: )

Gotcha, and I agree. I'm kinda tired of that approach too. Think she could pull off a "Carmen?" (Just kidding!!) Seriously, if not Carmen-what music or character would work for her? I mean, she could pull off the Carmen "look" but not the attitude, I think. Like we need any more Carmens for the next decade...

I think Carmen suits power skaters more IMHO

skateboy
04-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Her smiling at her performance in France is reminiscent of how she flashed that toothy smile after screwing up her short program at nationals. Get angry for a change, Girl.

:confused: She was crying in the K&C. What more do you people want?

jenny12
04-12-2012, 04:39 AM
I kept re-watching this since last week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gvqVM3fh0

The difference between last year's program ad this year's is not only that the music last year was more uplifting, it was also much busier and melodic. It gave her something to feel and express. She had to make sure she hit the jumps right on the music. Gave her less time to think or dwell on mistakes. This year the music has little change in mood or tempo and had much less nuances, and probably allows much more negative thoughts to creep into her mind.

The difference only matters when she has a bad day. Last year she was able to forget about her opening fall on the lutz, recover and skate the rest cleanly. This year, she had the same opening fall at Worlds and literally never came back up again.

I agree. I really loved last year's program. The music was interesting and there was variation and it felt inspiring at the end. I think obviously Waltz Triste would have been fine if she landed the jumps, but the music for me didn't seem to lift her up. I hope next season she skates to something with more variation. I don't think she necessarily needs uplifting music, but music that has more variation in tempo.

Theatregirl1122
04-12-2012, 05:34 AM
:confused: She was crying in the K&C. What more do you people want?

Well her crying looked a lot more like the opposite of angry. But I don't specifically want anything from her.

Jenna
04-12-2012, 05:50 AM
I hope Alissa comes back strong next season. I think she will. She seems to excel the most when she's faced with adversity.

Honestly, though, the fact that USFS even offered Czisny WTT is head-shaker.

Bournekraatzfan
04-12-2012, 08:28 AM
maybe Alissa genuinely doesn't know what went wrong at this time...maybe it was just one of those competitions when her body wouldn't do what she wanted it to do, even though she didn't feel completely off during the performances. perhaps in time she will be able to identify more specific problems. Also, anger can manifest itself in tears...who knows what she was feeling? Well, whatever it was, she is entitled to feel that way, imo. She trained hard and I am sure she went there with every intention of doing her best and unfortunately that did not happen. She has to deal with the consequences of that and I am sure she is not taking it lightly. I just hope she finds the support she needs and continues to enjoy skating.

I am so impressed that she didn't give up. She still tried to rotate her triples as well as stay in the program under such difficult circumstances. I also really admire how she managed to smile and acknowledge the crowd for their support at a time when the last place she probably wanted to be was in front of a crowd and cameras. She has such a lovely spirit.

Coco
04-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Honestly, though, the fact that USFS even offered Czisny WTT is head-shaker.

Maybe the offer was contingent on her not taking it, lol.

I would also like to see her go out strong.