PDA

View Full Version : Czisny NOT to retire

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Vash01
04-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Regardless of whether she makes the US world team again or not, it's absolutely essential for Alissa for her own mental well being to compete again as eligible. It's like after a car accident you need to get in the car and start driving again, and not let it paralyze you forever.

Good luck to her.

BTW a thought just came to my mind. Can Alissa skate for Canada, if she does not compete for one season? Not that I want her to leave the USA (we love her here), but it could give her an opportunity to make the world team. I think it will be tough to do that in the USA again.

Wiery
04-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Good for her. I wish her all the best next season and hope she comes back stronger than ever. But whatever her results, I admire how she carries herself with grace even in difficult times.

Very well said! I agree! :)

RD
04-11-2012, 05:37 PM
I think USFS would have to officially "release" Czisny to Skate Canada for that to happen? Not sure they would do that (or would want to do that).

Yes, it will only get tougher for her here. But she doesn't have to make another world team to go out on a positive note- see Flatt. Czisny has already accomplished a bit - 2 National titles + a silver & bronze and a top 5 finish in the world. Not too shabby if you ask me

Sylvia
04-11-2012, 05:39 PM
:confused: AFAIK Czisny has no ties to Canada?

She has some good gigs lined up for the spring/summer: Yu-Na Kim's show in May (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82890) and the Artistry on Ice shows in Taiwan/China (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82927) in June.

ETA: Not sure if she's scheduled for all of the Artistry on Ice shows -- some of the dates may conflict with the Detroit SC's annual show?

Polymer Bob
04-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Yes, it will only get tougher for her here. But she doesn't have to make another world team to go out on a positive note- see Flatt. Czisny has already accomplished a bit - 2 National titles + a silver & bronze and a top 5 finish in the world. Not too shabby if you ask me

Don't forget the senior Grand Prix Final. :cool:

MacMadame
04-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Dream scenario from my end. Alissa competes until 2014 when she goes to a post-Olympic Worlds, skates two clean programs and medals to get the US 3 spots for 2015. And all the former haterz now proclaim her the new savior of US skating and beg her not to retire :P.

I suspect those haterz will be saying that she should now retire so she can end her career "on a high note".

Dilng
04-11-2012, 06:32 PM
She doesn't seem to have any explanation for her failure to land jumps at Worlds, as if it was something apart from her happening over which she had no control.I have serious doubts that she will ever again regain her US Championship.

Yes, that bothered me, it would have been a little less :huh: if she had been battling a personal or physical issue.

I can't believe she was asked to go to the WTT???? What were they thinking?

PDilemma
04-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Yes, that bothered me, it would have been a little less :huh: if she had been battling a personal or physical issue.

Maybe she was and she feels that it is not everyone's business.

ioana
04-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I suspect those haterz will be saying that she should now retire so she can end her career "on a high note".

I think the second she skates well in a major event again, they'll be back on the bandwagon. Logic and consistency were never strong points for haterz.

Braulio
04-11-2012, 06:45 PM
I guess it's not FSU she's reading :shuffle:

Or she doesn´t have access to the worlds threads :shuffle:

Dilng
04-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Her smiling at her performance in France is reminiscent of how she flashed that toothy smile after screwing up her short program at nationals. Get angry for a change, Girl.

:lol: ITA!

IceAlisa
04-11-2012, 06:50 PM
I am glad to hear it. I hope to see some great skating from Alissa before she retires.

Doubletoe
04-11-2012, 07:06 PM
actually I also found this rather odd.. typically skaters will tell you that they didn't feel balanced over their blades, or feeling 'off'.. I'm more concerned with the very fact that she has no concept as to why her technique failed her - it's not like she even 'sat' down on jumps - which is typical when confidence issues - she didn't fully rotate any of them and her whole centre was off?? I think I would make her watch the video in slow motion and take a part each jump to cognitively understand the physics of why she fell.. it wasn't for ' no reason'.. and how can she move forward if she doesn't understand how and why she fell 7 times? Absolutely baffles me.. then again I'm really glad she is not retiring and I actually do think she has the potential to be on the worlds podium..

I'm concerned by this, too. This suggests that the issue was probably psychological, and not even conscious but subconscious. I wonder if she's ever tried hypnosis and/or guided meditation? If it's her subconscious mind that's tripping her up, that could help a lot.
As for watching her videos, I don't see why she has to. I'm sure her coaches will, and they can tell her what she did wrong on those jumps from a technical standpoint. But if she lands them fine in practice, then the problem is psychological and that's what they need to work on.

Marco
04-11-2012, 07:50 PM
I kept re-watching this since last week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gvqVM3fh0

The difference between last year's program ad this year's is not only that the music last year was more uplifting, it was also much busier and melodic. It gave her something to feel and express. She had to make sure she hit the jumps right on the music. Gave her less time to think or dwell on mistakes. This year the music has little change in mood or tempo and had much less nuances, and probably allows much more negative thoughts to creep into her mind.

The difference only matters when she has a bad day. Last year she was able to forget about her opening fall on the lutz, recover and skate the rest cleanly. This year, she had the same opening fall at Worlds and literally never came back up again.

loulou
04-11-2012, 08:47 PM

How do you know? - I'm not the only one who's curious about this.

Maybe she was and she feels that it is not everyone's business.