PDA

View Full Version : Czisny NOT to retire

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Finnice
04-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Go, Czisny, go, Czisny, go, Czisny! :D

I like her and definitely would rather watch her spin all day than get yet another "Olympic hope" from US (what number would that be? 83244th? 83245th?), but of course, nothing would get me more pleased than her rubbing the faces of the posters here who posted all that nonsense in the corresponding Worlds thread :respec:

I second that. Go, Czisny!:kickass:

Frau Muller
04-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Good for her. I just hope that (a) Scott Hamilton doesn't slobber over her at Skate America next season and (b) that Alissa selects some upbeat music for her 2 programs and, in general, shows some 'spine' and guts.

Holley Calmes
04-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Good for her. I just hope that (a) Scott Hamilton doesn't slobber over her at Skate America next season and (b) that Alissa selects some upbeat music for her 2 programs and, in general, shows some 'spine' and guts.

This. Although, I think she's showing spine and guts by simply continuing to skate after this season and Worlds. Maybe my description would be to skate with attack and spirit and not show fear, be so tentative.

Frau Muller
04-11-2012, 01:09 PM
By 'spine and guts' I mean that she must show that she's more than just the floaty pweety ballerini skating to tinkly-piano music.

Holley Calmes
04-11-2012, 01:14 PM
By 'spine and guts' I mean that she must show that she's more than just the floaty pweety ballerini skating to tinkly-piano music.

Gotcha, and I agree. I'm kinda tired of that approach too. Think she could pull off a "Carmen?" (Just kidding!!) Seriously, if not Carmen-what music or character would work for her? I mean, she could pull off the Carmen "look" but not the attitude, I think. Like we need any more Carmens for the next decade...

arakwafan2006
04-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Sounds like she needs to redeem her dignity - I hope she ends her career on a high note, whenever it may be.

Boils down to dignity... has to.

loulou
04-11-2012, 01:42 PM
To be honest, if I were a skater, I wouldn't read FSU either after an experience like Czisny's.

Or ever. Sure skaters should be aware of what their flaws are, but reminders by quite a number of total strangers could break steel. I know for a fact that some skaters don't read, and I understand. It's probably for the best; unless you got Plushenko's unstoppable self confidence, of course.

I'm glad Czisny is not retiring.

Polymer Bob
04-11-2012, 01:45 PM
I certainly hope Alissa can improve on this season. When she does retire, it should be under better circumstances than this.
She might possibly make the World team next year, but she will get few favors from the judges. She will have to make a favorable impression at the Grand Prix, and put together 2 solid programs at Nationals.

Frau Muller
04-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Gotcha, and I agree. I'm kinda tired of that approach too. Think she could pull off a "Carmen?" (Just kidding!!) Seriously, if not Carmen-what music or character would work for her? I mean, she could pull off the Carmen "look" but not the attitude, I think. Like we need any more Carmens for the next decade...

Maybe not quite Carmen but something powerful and classical, such as Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto or the final theme of L'Arlessiene or Candide Overture. Something relatively fast-paced with a powerful full orchestra behind it. I remember when Joannie Rochette skated to it, as part of her own 'escape' from the tinkly-piano mold.

Yazmeen
04-11-2012, 04:19 PM
I would love to see another Sabrina, something that is "HAPPY" and makes her happy. I just want to see her skate well and go out on her own terms, satisfied with all she has accomplished.

love_skate2011
04-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Its really up to her if she retires or not
If she loves competing, no need to throw stones at her.
but I am not expecting much, she is at her prime age for figure skating
but Alissa should just take this opportunity and skate the competitions for herself

Sasha'sSpins
04-11-2012, 04:30 PM
I'll be surprised if we ever see her back to worlds. I get the feeling the USFSA will make sure GG and Ashley are on the world team.

I get the same feeling but more power to Alissa for not calling it quits on such a low note. If she wants to keep skating then the best of luck to her.

skatesindreams
04-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Whatever the reason for them was, I hope that Alissa can recover from those unfortunate performances, and compete successfully next season.
There is room for a variety of styles in skating, including her lovely programs.

ioana
04-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Dream scenario from my end. Alissa competes until 2014 when she goes to a post-Olympic Worlds, skates two clean programs and medals to get the US 3 spots for 2015. And all the former haterz now proclaim her the new savior of US skating and beg her not to retire :P.

RD
04-11-2012, 04:53 PM
As she pointed out, she said she could have a fulfilling pro career (although I bet it would mostly be overseas work since even SOI is on its last legs here in the states), so even if she did retire, I'm sure her fans would still get to see her skate. I can only imagine- give her a couple of years to transition her mindset from pleasing judges to pleasing the audience and there's the potential for her to be a really stunning skater. (If Miki Ando can do it...)

But her wanting to continue is no real surprise to me. No one wants to go out on a sour note like that unless they're physically unable to continue on. I just hope she can attain that last performance she so wants, instead of hanging in there chasing the un-chaseable ala Fumie Suguri. We don't know if Czisny is past her peak yet. It appears that peak was last season, but apparently she thinks she can get there again. Well...IMHO, it starts with drying those tears, then seriously sitting down and analyzing what went wrong at Worlds. And yes, this includes watching those programs again. Not sure how she can avoid a disaster like that again if she truly has no idea how this one happened...