PDA

View Full Version : Czisny NOT to retire

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

judgejudy27
04-11-2012, 04:16 AM
As an American hoping to regain 3 spots next year, I'm not exactly losing much sleep over the Japanese women. They're good competitors, but unless Mao gets it together, they're all very beatable.

True. However Wagner and Gao have to land all their jumps to beat Suzuki who the judges will probably continue to give higher PCS. The rest are all easily beatable though. Murakami is not a huge worry at this point. Asada is a mess, and Ando coming back at all, let alone as a huge force, is highly questionable.

Marco
04-11-2012, 04:27 AM
I am glad she is sticking around. However, I hope she realizes it's going to be a long road back. Given her poor performances at 3 competitions at the back half of this season, her PCS at Nationals and other internationals next season will likely be much more conservative. And let's face it, it's not like she has strong programs to fall back on (excuse the pun).

B.Cooper
04-11-2012, 04:35 AM
Is this realistic? She is two weeks out of Worlds. I would suspect she has been off the ice since Nice, and for a reality check, she DOES need to go back and watch the videos from Worlds. I would be concerned, after reading the DFP article, where she talks about how she felt her legs under her (and they weren't)...but she needs to go back and look at The Hague as well, and probably review practice videos as well prior to The Hague and Worlds to see just where she was with her training. She needs to be critically honest with herself. I am not trying to be a negative Nellie...just honest.

Iceman
04-11-2012, 05:12 AM
In case you haven't noticed, despite her "back to back disasters", she is still the US ladies' silver medalist, which means she placed higher at US senior nationals than either Gold or Zhang. Inviting her to WTT was appropriate IMHO given that fact.

Of course, Gold did not compete as a Senior at Nationals

Iceman
04-11-2012, 05:23 AM
At some point, maybe now is too early, she needs to look at her world's skate more than once.

I never have understood why Jason is her primary coach. If she is going to stay with that team, I would prefer Sato be her primary coach.

Nomad
04-11-2012, 05:31 AM
Sato would seem to be the logical choice, having been a Ladies Singles skater, but maybe Czisny and Dungjen are a better match personality-wise.

euterpe
04-11-2012, 06:05 AM
At Nationals, Czisny scored 63.14 for a SP where she landed 3z, 3lo and 1a, and 116.86 for a FS with a fall on a downgraded triple and only 4 other triples (two of which were clean). Czisny's total score was 180.

As a junior, Gold scored 60.21 for a SP with 3f+3t, 3z, 2a. In the FS she landed 3z+3t, 2a+3t, 3lo, 3f, 3z, 2a (fall), 3s+2t---7 triples, all clean. For a FS with one spin fewer than a Senior program, she scored 118.71 for a total score of 178.92.

Sure Czisny 'beat' Gold at Nationals as far as scoring goes, but I saw both performances live, and Gold was faster, freer and far more exciting than the tentative Czisny.

mtnskater
04-11-2012, 06:11 AM
So glad Alissa is continuing on. I am eternally hopeful that she will rise from the ashes like a Phoenix. She is such the total package skater who could be world champ. Maybe the stars will yet align for her. I sure admire her willingness to put her successes and failures out there and keep on her journey.

euterpe
04-11-2012, 06:30 AM
So glad Alissa is continuing on. I am eternally hopeful that she will rise from the ashes like a Phoenix. She is such the total package skater who could be world champ. Maybe the stars will yet align for her. I sure admire her willingness to put her successes and failures out there and keep on her journey.

Her non-jump elements are superb and among the best in the world, but her jumps have always been iffy. So no, she is not the total package. She is a lovely skater, but not a reliable one.

Bournekraatzfan
04-11-2012, 08:10 AM
soooo happy she is continuing! I just love her skating and am really pulling for her to get a world championship medal. IMO, it takes a lot of courage to continue after what happened in Nice, and I admire her so much for that. may next season be her best one yet:)

Go Alissa! :cheer:

sadya
04-11-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm sure we'll see better results next season. She does sound determined to show better performances so that may help her achieve them.

It doesn't worry me (yet) that she doesn't seem to know what exactly happened. She has the next few weeks to figure that out and I'm sure she will. (or perhaps it really is something very personal, we don't own skaters, they have their own lives and personal issues, they aren't obliged to tell the public everything, if it was something in her personal life, I hope by next season she'll be able to deal with it and not let it influence her competitions or perhaps the issue will be solved by then)

paskatefan
04-11-2012, 10:49 AM

soooo happy she is continuing! I just love her skating and am really pulling for her to get a world championship medal. IMO, it takes a lot of courage to continue after what happened in Nice, and I admire her so much for that. may next season be her best one yet:)

:love:

paskatefan
04-11-2012, 10:50 AM

:encore:

allezfred
04-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Maybe she was reading FSU and is just a bit dissociative. That would make sense given her comments, which indicate she has no clue why she gave the worst performance of any US woman at worlds in my lifetime. (And I'm OLD!)

My vote would be Nancy Kerrigan 1993 Worlds. No falls like Alissa, but at least Czisny kept fighting till the end. :shuffle:

Hopefully Alissa can come back as strong as Kerrigan did the next season as she has some lovely qualities as a skater. :)

Andrey aka Pushkin
04-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Go, Czisny, go, Czisny, go, Czisny! :D

I like her and definitely would rather watch her spin all day than get yet another "Olympic hope" from US (what number would that be? 83244th? 83245th?), but of course, nothing would get me more pleased than her rubbing the faces of the posters here who posted all that nonsense in the corresponding Worlds thread :respec: