PDA

View Full Version : Czisny NOT to retire

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Coco
04-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Maybe she was reading FSU and is just a bit dissociative. That would make sense given her comments, which indicate she has no clue why she gave the worst performance of any US woman at worlds in my lifetime. (And I'm OLD!)

Ziggy
04-11-2012, 02:21 AM
Worse than Bobek?

Spartacus
04-11-2012, 02:24 AM
Of COURSE she's not! Why would she? Because of one bad showing at Worlds? *eye roll*

In other news!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtR3KD9Xzz0:rollin:

:oksana1:

fenway2
04-11-2012, 02:42 AM
Her smiling at her performance in France is reminiscent of how she flashed that toothy smile after screwing up her short program at nationals. Get angry for a change, Girl.

Ziggy
04-11-2012, 02:45 AM
Her smiling at her performance in France is reminiscent of how she flashed that toothy smile after screwing up her short program at nationals. Get angry for a change, Girl.

:rolleyes:

blue_idealist
04-11-2012, 02:52 AM
Good for her for continuing, but I hope she doesn't give any performances like that one at Worlds again, and I hope she doesn't get any favours from the USFSA at Nationals next year - meaning if she gets first or second, she has to have really, really, and I mean REALLY earned it.. also she should be sent to 4CC and be looked at there before being named to a world team.

LilJen
04-11-2012, 02:54 AM
actually I also found this rather odd.. typically skaters will tell you that they didn't feel balanced over their blades, or feeling 'off'.. I'm more concerned with the very fact that she has no concept as to why her technique failed her - it's not like she even 'sat' down on jumps - which is typical when confidence issues - she didn't fully rotate any of them and her whole centre was off?? I think I would make her watch the video in slow motion and take a part each jump to cognitively understand the physics of why she fell.. it wasn't for ' no reason'.. and how can she move forward if she doesn't understand how and why she fell 7 times? Absolutely baffles me.. then again I'm really glad she is not retiring and I actually do think she has the potential to be on the worlds podium..

Me, too--I would imagine she and her coaches are reviewing stuff and getting a handle on whatever technical issues are going on.

I would have hated to see her go out like she did--glad she's going to give it more time, because she is still a beautiful skater and has so much to offer.

judgejudy27
04-11-2012, 02:54 AM
I wouldn't even call AW/GG a "magic duo" or "dream team" to get 3 spots back. remember Nagasu/Flatt in 2010. Besides, as you pointed out, things can happen between now and then that may not even make them the best possible team to send.

True. Dream team is probably overstating. No U.S team is a dream team compared to what Russia and Japan will likely be fielding next year, then you add in Kostner, it makes the task of regaining 3 spots an uphill battle for any U.S team.

jenny12
04-11-2012, 02:56 AM
I'm glad she's coming back. Hopefully, she is able to end her career on a higher note. For example, something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s8UlN4umNs

fenway2
04-11-2012, 02:58 AM
True. Dream team is probably overstating. No U.S team is a dream team compared to what Russia and Japan will likely be fielding next year, then you add in Kostner, it makes the task of regaining 3 spots an uphill battle for any U.S team. As an American hoping to regain 3 spots next year, I'm not exactly losing much sleep over the Japanese women. They're good competitors, but unless Mao gets it together, they're all very beatable.

kwanfan1818
04-11-2012, 03:03 AM
Does anyone know of an instance where USFS has "retired" a senior skater by not submitting their name for a GP they've earned, like Canada did to Sandhu, and like Russia did to Sokolova? As long as USFS submits Czisny's name, if the Top 24 SB rule doesn't change, with the #8 SB score for last season she's guaranteed at least one GP next year, and it has been rare over the last four years for a skater/team guaranteed one to not get two assignments in the initial picks, even with the reduction in spots. Unless there's a "comeback" skater, she'd be third on the alternates list, after Lipnitskaya and Tukhtamysheva.

Wagner will be guaranteed two for her fourth at Worlds. The other US Ladies guaranteed one from Top 24 SB are Zhang, Nagasu, and Gold. (If Gold stays in juniors for JGPs, USFS won't submit her name for GP's.)

leigh466
04-11-2012, 03:41 AM
I am so extremely happy Alissa is staying for at least one more season. It would have been awful for her to end her career like that. She is a gorgeous skater who was fifth in the world last year (when the vultures went after poor Rachael). Hurray for brave, strong, magnificent Ms. Czisny!

Miriam246
04-11-2012, 03:47 AM
Thank goodness. I would cry myself a bucket of tears if she retired.

Go Alissa! :)

Garden Kitty
04-11-2012, 03:57 AM
Sounds like she needs to redeem her dignity - I hope she ends her career on a high note, whenever it may be.

Personally I consider Tiger's kicking his club like a petulant child undignified, but I think being able to handle crushing disappointment with poise and maturity to be very dignified. But I'm sure you're right that she'd prefer to not end her competitive career with that performance for her own sake.

jlai
04-11-2012, 04:11 AM
Yes, because Wagner and Gold are guaranteed to remain consistent next season.

Oh wait, they're not. ;)

No lady is consistent right now in the whole worlds scene if Kwan is the standard.

Considering that, Wagner is fairly consistent compared to other US ladies (Except perhaps Flatt). Very few stunning performances (except 4cc) but also few terrible meltdowns (except 08 worlds) also. She's not finished lower than 5th in ISu events for the past 4 years. In other words, she has the fewest ups and downs of all over-18 US GP ladies right now. I hope she can be the leading US lady next season