PDA

View Full Version : Czisny NOT to retire

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

judgejudy27
04-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Well atleast she has guts coming back. I will give her that much. Too bad she didnt show any of that same guts on the ice this season. Even if she isnt blackballed by the USFSA Flatt style she will only make it to London if one of Wagner or Gold bombs at Nationals or in the events leading up to it. More likely she will receive Flatt like treatment from the US judges at Nationals and have to skate extremely well to come even top 5.

overedge
04-11-2012, 01:36 AM
But I didn't think USFS should have invited her to WTT after two embarrassing back to back disasters :rolleyes: , unless it was to drive the World Team Zamboni. They should have gone straight to Gold or Zhang. This does not bode well for future team selections.

In case you haven't noticed, despite her "back to back disasters", she is still the US ladies' silver medalist, which means she placed higher at US senior nationals than either Gold or Zhang. Inviting her to WTT was appropriate IMHO given that fact.

AxelAnnie
04-11-2012, 01:37 AM
WOW!!! I am so happy! Good for her. (And good for me). What a spirit she has.

dots
04-11-2012, 01:38 AM
I'll be surprised if we ever see her back to worlds. I get the feeling the USFSA will make sure GG and Ashley are on the world team.

RD
04-11-2012, 01:40 AM
But I didn't think USFS should have invited her to WTT after two embarrassing back to back disasters , unless it was to drive the World Team Zamboni. They should have gone straight to Gold or Zhang. This does not bode well for future team selections.

Agreed. Makes me think they'll give her chance #5 without thinking about it if she gets in the top 2...she'll bomb again and we'll have 2 spots for the SECOND straight Olympics.

At some point you have to start looking at the numbers and asking questions.

Well atleast she has guts coming back. I will give her that much. Too bad she didnt show any of that same guts on the ice this season.

this...

judgejudy27
04-11-2012, 01:42 AM
I'll be surprised if we ever see her back to worlds. I get the feeling the USFSA will make sure GG and Ashley are on the world team.

While things can change quickly, and who knows one of them might falter next season, if those two hold their form they have a heavy advantage over the others for Worlds next year (and probably for the Sochi Olympics too, especialy should they be the magic duo to get the U.S 3 spots back for London).

RD
04-11-2012, 01:44 AM
I wouldn't even call AW/GG a "magic duo" or "dream team" to get 3 spots back. remember Nagasu/Flatt in 2010. Besides, as you pointed out, things can happen between now and then that may not even make them the best possible team to send.

Cheylana
04-11-2012, 01:53 AM
“I didn’t feel that bad on the ice, for the short or the long,” Czisny said. “I felt like couldn’t stay on my feet because I actually felt like I could jump -- and every time I went to go jump, I ended up on the ice. I’d get up and I was like, ‘OK. I’m not sure what happened but I’ll keep trying.'"
I find this commentary on her performance odd. Alissa makes it sound like she was having great practices (contrary to practice reports on this site) and then for some odd reason the jumps didn't happen in the performance. Certainly she is not obligated to publicly disclose the reasons for her struggles, but this makes it sound like her seven-fall disaster came out of nowhere.

Good luck to her next season, though.

victoriajh
04-11-2012, 01:55 AM
she can say all she wants- bottom line is that if she cant get it together she wont have any comps to attend! i really wish that she woudl come forward and talk about her issues at worlds- was there a death in teh family as was rumored? or was she just that out of it to focus? i know i have good and bad days on the ice.....but that seemed very odd- there has to be more to it

RD
04-11-2012, 01:56 AM
I was watching warmups and she seemed ok- she was landing a few jumps in both the SP and FS warmup IIRC. Don't know about practices but I've heard conflicting reports- some say they were terrible, others say there were good ones.

Lanie
04-11-2012, 01:57 AM
It seems like with all the tweaking of her jump layout throughout the season it would have been silly to expect her to go clean or have only a few falls at a high pressure event like Worlds. :shuffle: Should set things up and stick with it if you're a skater like Alissa. It's a shame.

4rkidz
04-11-2012, 02:00 AM
I find this commentary on her performance odd. Alissa makes it sound like she was having great practices (contrary to practice reports on this site) and then for some odd reason the jumps didn't happen in the performance. Certainly she is not obligated to publicly disclose the reasons for her struggles, but this makes it sound like her seven-fall disaster came out of nowhere.

actually I also found this rather odd.. typically skaters will tell you that they didn't feel balanced over their blades, or feeling 'off'.. I'm more concerned with the very fact that she has no concept as to why her technique failed her - it's not like she even 'sat' down on jumps - which is typical when confidence issues - she didn't fully rotate any of them and her whole centre was off?? I think I would make her watch the video in slow motion and take a part each jump to cognitively understand the physics of why she fell.. it wasn't for ' no reason'.. and how can she move forward if she doesn't understand how and why she fell 7 times? Absolutely baffles me.. then again I'm really glad she is not retiring and I actually do think she has the potential to be on the worlds podium..

mgobluegirl
04-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Go Alissa. I was heartbroken with her performances at worlds this year, but I completely understand not wanting to go out on that performance. Good luck to her next year.

Japanfan
04-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Sounds like she needs to redeem her dignity - I hope she ends her career on a high note, whenever it may be.

Ziggy
04-11-2012, 02:13 AM

Yes, because Wagner and Gold are guaranteed to remain consistent next season.

Oh wait, they're not. ;)