PDA

View Full Version : Czisny NOT to retire

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20

jlai
04-15-2012, 08:38 PM
I almost want to root for Czisny and Flatt to go 1 - 2 at Nationals next year :lol:

If support needed correlates to amount of bashing, then Zhang and Flatt deserve the most support. People were talking about Zhang's techniques endlessly and also dissed her attitude for 2-3 seasons before this comeback.

The one +18 top US lady skater with few complaints about her attitude or non-skating related matter is really Czisny. And perhaps Wagner

ETA: Anyway, it seems a popular thing to pick on winners like Plushenko, Chan, Evan and Flatt (when she was doing well) and tell them to retire and be more humble or whatever. But when skaters skate poorly, then how dare you say anything about her that is not complimentary :drama: (Shrug)

Angela-Fan
04-15-2012, 09:04 PM
I almost want to root for Czisny and Flatt to go 1 - 2 at Nationals next year :lol:

:D

MacMadame
04-16-2012, 04:35 AM
So, if they follow the same rule when selecting the World team, they could have looked at Czisny's GPF splatfest and held that against her. Really, though, it's not like our other skaters looked any better.
Well, that's the thing. It's easy to look back and say this or that skater would have done better. But most of those skaters have been to Worlds recently and didn't do better. So maybe they would have this year but maybe they wouldn't. Unless there's some reason to think someone is more of a lock than the skaters in 3-5 place were, I don't see any reason to deviate from Nationals results.

If it were Mirai there would be a million excuses at to why we should not bash her and "we don't really know what happened so we should not speculate" LOL.
I guess you haven't been in the Mirai left Frank thread where it's been one bash after the other. ;)

Although I would love a comeback for Rachel and Alyssa also, I just don't see it happening.

I actually think a comeback by Rachael is quite likely. She's a Freshman at college this year and that's a really big transition that has derailed a lot of people. Coming back more organized and with better results one's sophomore year is quite common.

As for Alyssa, I wouldn't count her out either. Unless she has some sort of injury we don't know about (like Michelle did in 2005+ or Lipinski post 98 Olympics), I don't see any reason she couldn't come back either. She's done it before so she knows what to do. But, I see that as less likely than with Rachael because of how common it is to settle into college after the first turbulent year.

Allskate
04-16-2012, 06:35 AM
Personally, I'm hoping that Alissa and Jeremy somehow manage to have the kind of Olympics Nancy Kerrigan and Paul Wylie had in 1992. Hope spring eternal.

paskatefan
04-16-2012, 10:17 AM
^ I would love to see this happen too. I am not ready to count anyone out!

eleonorad
04-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Well she had the guts of finishing that free program, attempting every triple jumps (she could have just gone for doubles).

Yesterday I re-watched the performance on screen and the italian commentator (Franca Bianconi, coach of Berton-Hotarek) pointed out something I didn't read in this forum yet.

She said that Alissa looked much skinnier at the beginning of the season (even "too skinny") and she looks healtier now, so she thinks this going up and down with her weight may affected her jump consistency (this explains why she had a bad time at the Challenge Cup as well, were no pressure was on). Franca always says that even 0.5 kilo can make all the difference in the world when it comes to jumps, each time you lose/gain some weight you have to adjust your training.

Of course she was just trying find some explanations, she said she doesn't know her well enough and bla bla bla but I think she may be right(?)

What do you think?

Iceman
04-16-2012, 11:51 AM
I would think her coach monitors her weight and adjust her training accordingly if that really poses a problem.

arakwafan2006
04-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Perhaps, but she seemed to be doing ok at the beginning of the season...(even if she was not in full form)

AND if her musical selection was the issue, dont you guys think that she would have picked new music? Also, there are many performers who have to perform selections that they dont like. As a singer, i was challenged to try styles of music that i did not paticularly "like" but to make me more well rounded i had to do it. Again, ownership is truly important. There are so many famous singers ( Jennifer Hudson) who are famous for songs that they didnt write or even like but due to circumstances they need to do what they had to do. Alissa is no different.

I still say that its not an intelligent assumption to deduce that Alissa and her team just couldnt figure out that the music was the culprit. Come on guys...that would have been fixed long ago... duh!!!

arakwafan2006
04-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Well her crying looked a lot more like the opposite of angry. But I don't specifically want anything from her.

LMAO!!! not even a hug? kidding...

Maybe she should try Tarasova? lol

arakwafan2006
04-16-2012, 02:11 PM
I wonder if Alissa should try the Kostner approach to watering down the jump content of her programs and emphasizing the skating skills, sophistication and choreography and perhaps skate more clean programs to gain confidence. This approach worked wonders for Carolina. Czisny never waters down jumps in her programs and rarely if ever doubles or pops. She just throws those triples hoping to land. I wonder if her team is aware this approach really helped Carolina get to the top. Alissa's skating skills and artistic ability are on par with Kostner and her spins much superior. This should be more emphasized much more in her programs. It seems
this year her team watered down the PCS component leaving mostly jumps and when those fail her , which they often do, she must have the skating/artistic elements to hold her up like Carolina.

I was afraid that people would start to catch on and do this... Now the jump content of ladies skating programs is going to look like it did in the 1960's

Iceman
04-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Will Alissa be able to get funding for this coming season? I remember the last time she lost funding she indicated it was problematic for her.

Now that Krall is available, I wish she would go work with her, if not permanently, then at least for the rest of the spring and summer.

B.Cooper
04-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Alissa did the entire SOI tour in summer of 2010....I would think funding is not the problem it was several years ago.

Sylvia
04-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Czisny qualifies for USFS' Team B envelope funding in 2012-13.

Screenie
04-16-2012, 09:16 PM
I bet Rachel could have gotten 9th place this year or better.

agree.

AxelAnnie
04-16-2012, 09:24 PM
But wasn't the difference here that she did not notify the USFSA of her injury and she was supposed to? For example-in 2006 Michelle's injury was known and in 2009, Evan's injury was known.

The non-disclosure for me was her error. And, IIRC, Michelle's injury was duly noted for the 2006 OLYS....and the USFSA sent her, but they were uncertain enough to have Emily Hughes on standby.

We are not talking Kerri Strugs here............who could forget that courageous vault she made on a very injured ankle. We are talking about a skater and her team who had the opportunity and obligation to inform the USFSA that there was a problem, and allow the USFSA to monitor and decide what would be best for American Skating and skaters.