PDA

View Full Version : Czisny NOT to retire

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20

demetriosj
04-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Oh God no please not Flatt again at Worlds. If that happens US Ladies skating really has hit rock bottom. No offence to Rachael but her best years are way behind her and if the other girls can't beat her something is seriously wrong.

comments like this make no sense to me.

so its' ok to say things like this about Rachael, her best years are behind her, she should retire, etc......

(& by the way, isn't she much younger than Alissa??!! always a better jumper than Alissa, (I don't get it!) & why can't we root for Flatt to have a comeback?)

but, if anything like this is said about Alissa-her best years are behind her etc., oh god, how dare you, stop saying things like that, etc!!

RD
04-15-2012, 03:56 PM
I do however have a problem with the personal attacks on Rachael. I was disgusted with the attacks on Rachael's looks, weight, etc.

I did, too, but I didn't want to make a huge stink about it. I was just as mad as anyone at what she did last year but at least I kept my beef about Team Flatt decision making and her skating.

In terms of personalities- what you see on television and what you know in real life are not always one in the same.

Of course...hell, I've seen it firsthand!

I've never seen Flatt but I was part of a small group that met Czisny briefly a couple of years ago. She couldn't have been nicer to us. I don't know what she is like behind closed doors, but IMHO as long as you're nice to your fans, that's good by me

Have you suddenly forgotten about Ashley Wagner?

Well...if her path takes anything similar to past defending national champions...:shuffle:

I hope she can keep it up though.

Oh God no please not Flatt again at Worlds. If that happens US Ladies skating really has hit rock bottom. No offence to Rachael but her best years are way behind her and if the other girls can't beat her something is seriously wrong.

While I agree with this...you know, if we sent Flatt to THIS year's worlds, I've a feeling she would have done better than 22nd :shuffle: (not that she deserved to go by any means, but just sayin'...)

UGG
04-15-2012, 04:20 PM
I bet Rachel could have gotten 9th place this year or better.

Badams
04-15-2012, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't mind a great comeback for Rachel. She's really been the most consistently dependable skater of recent years. She had one bad showing at worlds because of injury and all of a sudden she was evil personified. I say GO RACHEL!!!

UGG
04-15-2012, 05:03 PM
I wouldn't mind a great comeback for Rachel. She's really been the most consistently dependable skater of recent years. She had one bad showing at worlds because of injury and all of a sudden she was evil personified. I say GO RACHEL!!!

i think people were looking for a reason to trash her, and unfortunately she gave them a good one. If it were Mirai there would be a million excuses at to why we should not bash her and "we don't really know what happened so we should not speculate" LOL.

Although I would love a comeback for Rachel and Alyssa also, I just don't see it happening. but then again, I thought Zhang was toast and boy was I wrong so I guess we will see. I know Rachel ended up 6th at nats but I really enjoyed her long program.

US ladies are just so strange right now-I mean was there ever a time that the skaters chosen for the Olympic Team ended up 5th and 6th at nationals two years later? Just shows, again, the level of inconstancy right now.

Theatregirl1122
04-15-2012, 05:13 PM
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Unless you have some special knowledge about Lysacek, Flatt, and Czisny's medical record that you would like to share, all we know is that Lysacek's injury didn't affect his ability to skate, Flatt's did affect hers, and, as far as we know, Czisny's poor result in Nice wasn't due to any injury.

It has to do with the fact that athletes will almost always try to compete on an injury if they have any hope that they can. It's ridiculous to vilify Rachael for something hundreds or thousands of athletes in every conceivable sport have done.

Interesting, since the feelings about these skaters are flip-flopped when it comes to the general (online) skating community. Perhaps since that's the way they come across, in general.

I have never once seen Rachael come across as anything other than a very nice, very hard working young lady. But the opinions of the "general (online) skating community" aka the more vocal Rachael haters aren't based on anything having to do with either Alissa or Rachael's personalities, perceived or otherwise. They have to do with the fact that Rachael isn't a baby ballerina or whatever and still she insisted on beating everyone's favorites.

UGG
04-15-2012, 05:21 PM
It has to do with the fact that athletes will almost always try to compete on an injury if they have any hope that they can. It's ridiculous to vilify Rachael for something hundreds or thousands of athletes in every conceivable sport have done.

But wasn't the difference here that she did not notify the USFSA of her injury and she was supposed to? For example-in 2006 Michelle's injury was known and in 2009, Evan's injury was known.

She should have just disclosed her injury-has there ever been a time when the USFSA pulled someone off the world team? She probably would have been allowed to skate anyway, I would think.

Vagabond
04-15-2012, 05:53 PM
has there ever been a time when the USFSA pulled someone off the world team?

You could say it happened to Tonya Harding in 1994. Otherwise, no. But the fact that the USFSA fined Flatt for not notifying it about her injury suggests that it might well have benched her if it had known the facts.

Nomad
04-15-2012, 05:59 PM
But wasn't the difference here that she did not notify the USFSA of her injury and she was supposed to?

Yes. She probably would have got a lot less hate if the injury had been disclosed as mandated by USFS policy.

Badams
04-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Yes. She probably would have got a lot less hate if the injury had been disclosed as mandated by USFS policy.

I honestly doubt it. I don't think there's much Rachel could do to get less hate. She could win worlds and not get less hate. In fact, that would probably get her more...

Marco
04-15-2012, 06:07 PM
I almost want to root for Czisny and Flatt to go 1 - 2 at Nationals next year :lol:

Jenna
04-15-2012, 06:15 PM
I almost want to root for Czisny and Flatt to go 1 - 2 at Nationals next year :lol:

:eek: :lol:

The Fly On The Wall
04-15-2012, 06:23 PM

:respec:

kwanfan1818
04-15-2012, 06:23 PM

I bet Rachel could have gotten 9th place this year or better.
This season, Flatt was 10th at Skate Canada and 9th at Rostelecom Cup. At Skate Canada, her combined score was less than ten points less than Suzuki's #1 FS score. By Rostelecom Cup, she had raised her FS by ~ 20 points, but was still 35 points off the lead.

She was not strong this season, and until she gets herself back in shape, her chances are slim.

demetriosj
04-15-2012, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=Theatregirl1122;3546168]It has to do with the fact that athletes will almost always try to compete on an injury if they have any hope that they can. It's ridiculous to vilify Rachael for something hundreds or thousands of athletes in every conceivable sport have done

QUOTE]

Yes. That's part of their inherent competitive spirit, which in most instances is praised.