PDA

View Full Version : Czisny NOT to retire

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

nyskater09
04-15-2012, 04:13 AM
Yes, I definitely remember this stuff going on...LONG before tibiagate.

Besides, I believe there is a line between being critical and getting personal. With Flatt, much of the raucous was the latter.

Agreed. People might not have liked Rachael's skating, and everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, but to criticize her weight, hair, looks, etc. is just plain mean and unnecessary. It's pretty cowardly for people to nit-pick someone else while hiding behind the anonymity of a computer screen. I know Rachael personally and she is one of the nicest, most genuine people out there.

I also know Alissa personally, and while I do not care for her, I will stick up for her on this one. Skating has been her life for many years and I am sure she doesn't want to go out on such a horrible note. Being a former competitor, having a performance like that is one of the worst feelings, especially with all the added pressure and media attention. I hope she is able to gain some confidence and when she chooses to leave the sport, I hope she is able to go out the way she wants.

RD
04-15-2012, 04:39 AM
People might not have liked Rachael's skating, and everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, but to criticize her weight, hair, looks, etc. is just plain mean and unnecessary.

On that topic I don't really see anyone doing that here with Czisny...most of the criticism being leveled at her is skating-related and about her ability to compete. Bit confused as to the outcry- there's a support thread for her for nothing but encouraging comments, no?

I know Rachael personally and she is one of the nicest, most genuine people out there.

I also know Alissa personally, and while I do not care for her, I will stick up for her on this one.

Interesting, since the feelings about these skaters are flip-flopped when it comes to the general (online) skating community. Perhaps since that's the way they come across, in general.

mossop
04-15-2012, 04:52 AM
What did Alissa do to any of you to deserve some of the vile comments she has received on this board?

Cyber bullying! It's becoming a norm these days. The perils of internet and anonymity behind the computer screen. :scream:

Vagabond
04-15-2012, 05:09 AM
In 2009 Evan Lysacek competed with what he believed to be a stress fracture in his right foot. He'd known about the injury for months. Should he have withdrawn from the 2009 World Championships?

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Unless you have some special knowledge about Lysacek, Flatt, and Czisny's medical record that you would like to share, all we know is that Lysacek's injury didn't affect his ability to skate, Flatt's did affect hers, and, as far as we know, Czisny's poor result in Nice wasn't due to any injury.

aftershocks
04-15-2012, 05:12 AM
In 2009 Evan Lysacek competed with what he believed to be a stress fracture in his right foot. He'd known about the injury for months. Should he have withdrawn from the 2009 World Championships? ...

The U.S. Federation and Evan's coach were also aware of any injury concerns Evan had in 2009 prior to Worlds. In fact, Evan did not compete at Worlds 2008 due to an injury.

A stress fracture involves the "gradual" development of a "small crack in a bone" due to overuse. A tibia fracture can "result from direct impact or trauma" to the tibia, or it can develop over time from a stress fracture.

nyskater09
04-15-2012, 05:39 AM
On that topic I don't really see anyone doing that here with Czisny...most of the criticism being leveled at her is skating-related and about her ability to compete. Bit confused as to the outcry- there's a support thread for her for nothing but encouraging comments, no?

Interesting, since the feelings about these skaters are flip-flopped when it comes to the general (online) skating community. Perhaps since that's the way they come across, in general.

I do not think people are being too hard on Alissa given her abysmal performances because as you said, it's mostly performance-related (albeit some weight comments). I do however have a problem with the personal attacks on Rachael. I was disgusted with the attacks on Rachael's looks, weight, etc. She has feelings, and don't think that some of the stuff that's been said hasn't gotten back to her.

In terms of personalities- what you see on television and what you know in real life are not always one in the same.

Cheylana
04-15-2012, 05:50 AM
I do however have a problem with the personal attacks on Rachael. I was disgusted with the attacks on Rachael's looks, weight, etc. She has feelings, and don't think that some of the stuff that's been said hasn't gotten back to her.
:(

Bournekraatzfan
04-15-2012, 06:01 AM
...I was disgusted with the attacks on Rachael's looks, weight, etc. She has feelings, and don't think that some of the stuff that's been said hasn't gotten back to her.

This is what I fear most when I see these kinds of attacks on the internet...how awful

Iceman
04-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Something is obviously and seriously wrong with Alissa's jumps. I was certainly pulling for a great comeback story, but the absence of one doesn't make me dislike her, nor does the fact we didn't get three spots.

Imo an improved Flatt will return next year, making it even more difficult for Czisny. I predict the world team will be Flatt and Gold or Zhang. I look forward to seeing all of them skate.

Jenna
04-15-2012, 08:07 AM
^ Have you suddenly forgotten about Ashley Wagner? :confused:

Iceman
04-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Yes, I did, Jenna, and was coming back to make a correction before I got caught.:o

Revised Wagner and Flatt or Zhang or Gold

Jammers
04-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Something is obviously and seriously wrong with Alissa's jumps. I was certainly pulling for a great comeback story, but the absence of one doesn't make me dislike her, nor does the face we didn't get three spots.

Imo an improved Flatt will return next year, making it even more difficult for Czisny. I predict the world team will be Flatt and Gold or Zhang. I look forward to seeing all of them skate.

Oh God no please not Flatt again at Worlds. If that happens US Ladies skating really has hit rock bottom. No offence to Rachael but her best years are way behind her and if the other girls can't beat her something is seriously wrong.

paskatefan
04-15-2012, 11:44 AM
I do however have a problem with the personal attacks on Rachael. I was disgusted with the attacks on Rachael's looks, weight, etc. She has feelings, and don't think that some of the stuff that's been said hasn't gotten back to her.

This is what I fear most when I see these kinds of attacks on the internet...how awful

:respec: And I think this applies to so many skaters who have been bashed mercilessly on this board for various reason by certain posters. Please, let's keep it civil here!

Iceman
04-15-2012, 02:24 PM
WHAT DOES ALISSA NEED TO DO?:confused:

Sylvia
04-15-2012, 03:18 PM
You've uttered the magic words so now this thread can go join the other "What should Skater/Team do?" threads in the Trash Can. ;)

ETA:

How many time do some of you have to say the same things over and over and over ad nauseum. :blah: We get you don't like Czisny. Is it really necessary to go from thread to thread repeating your mantra?
:respec: (And yes, we also get that some of you don't like Flatt's skating and so what rfisher posted applies to her and some of you as well.)