PDA

View Full Version : Czisny NOT to retire

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

carriecmu0503
04-13-2012, 03:57 AM
Czisny has no international championship medals, whereas Meissner won both the 4CC and World title, and IIRC, a Jr World medal. There really is no comparison.

Czisny is arguably not even the most decorated SINCE Meissner. Wagner has a higher Worlds placement and won 4CCs which is a Championships and is more prestigeous status-wise than GPF. Even Nagasu won a 4CCs medal.

And Zhang. Times 2 (2010 and 2012).

fenway2
04-13-2012, 04:12 AM
The US does not have 3 spots because an entire slew of Ladies, including Alissa, Kimmie, Emily, Ashley, Rachel and Mirai have contributed to the US not earning 3 spots.. Not true for Emily. Not true at all.

ETA: Sorry. I see carrie already corrected your error.

fenway2
04-13-2012, 04:18 AM
Czisny has no international championship medals, whereas Meissner won both the 4CC and World title, and IIRC, a Jr World medal. There really is no comparison.

Czisny is arguably not even the most decorated SINCE Meissner. Wagner has a higher Worlds placement and won 4CCs which is a Championships and is more prestigeous status-wise than GPF. Even Nagasu won a 4CCs medal. Ah heck even Katy Taylor has 2 ISU championship medals: a 4CCs title and world junior medal in a career that was 1/4 the length of Alissa's.

carriecmu0503
04-13-2012, 04:32 AM
Ah heck even Katy Taylor has 2 ISU championship medals: a 4CCs title and world junior medal in a career that was 1/4 the length of Alissa's.

And the year Katy Taylor won 4CC, Bebe Liang won bronze. Not that I would argue in favor of Bebe being more decorated than Alissa, though. Not even close.

Also, Emily Hughes won a junior world bronze medal and a 4CC silver medal.

RD
04-13-2012, 04:48 AM
As far as medal hauls go, the current crop of Ladies are all on the same page.

Czisny has had great national success, winning 2 titles + a silver and a bronze. Internationally, however, the only significant medal she has is the GPF gold from 2011. She has no Championship medal (4CC/Euro/World).

So I guess if you are talking from a national perspective, I could understand calling Czisny the most decorated, since she is the only one among that group with multiple US titles. However, as a whole, the other girls (save Flatt, perhaps) have Championship medals- and Wagner has a 4CC title. But here's the stunning/"SMH" stat: NONE of them have world medals. :eek:

centerstage01
04-13-2012, 04:57 AM

Didn't Alissa win the Grand Prix Final in 2010?

I'm glad she's continuing to skate, but I hope for her sake she skates for herself and not for results. She's too beautiful a skater to stress herself out so badly.

falling_dance
04-13-2012, 04:58 AM
But here's the stunning/"SMH" stat: NONE of them have world medals. :eek:

Nagasu has a small gold for her 2010 SP, Wagner a small bronze for her 2012 FS. Yeah, I know that's not what you mean.

jlai
04-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Didn't Alissa win the Grand Prix Final in 2010?

Grand Prix isn't considered a championship. The ISU age rule for GP and the one for championship is different, so the distinction is important for ISU.

Czisny won GPF during 10-11 season (and back to back great skates at GPF and nationals ) :kickass: If she skates like that at nationals next year, then no one will complain about sending her. :cool:

But then, all I want to see is a :kickass: US nationals and good judging, really

MacMadame
04-13-2012, 05:08 AM
Quote of the day, courtesy of Jo-Ann Barnas of Detroit Free Press:
This morning at a coffee shop in Bloomfield Hills, Czisny sat with her laptop answering emails and reading comments posted about her on a figure skating Web site.

So she DOES read our comments. Hopefully she can take criticism and do something about the problems.

Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120410/SPORTS17/120410053
Because, of course, FSU is the ONLY figure skating web site. And newspaper articles never get those sorts of little things wrong. ;)

RD
04-13-2012, 05:22 AM
I suspect it was probably her Facebook fan page...

kwanfan1818
04-13-2012, 05:32 AM
However, as a whole, the other girls (save Flatt, perhaps) have Championship medals- and Wagner has a 4CC title. But here's the stunning/"SMH" stat: NONE of them have world medals. :eek:
At World Juniors, Wagner has two bronzes, Zhang has two golds and a silver, and Nagasu a silver and a bronze. But I don't think that's what you meant, either ;)

Wagner has only been to Worlds twice, and the first time, in 2008, she was US Lady #1, although 3rd at Nationals, with at least two of the top five, including national champion Nagasu not age-eligible, and Meissner a former World Champion. She had the least experience, with only one championship, 4C's behind her, and her first senior event in 2007. US #2 (5th at Nationals) was Bebe Liang, who skated senior GP first in 2003, and had three 4C's championships under her belt at her first Worlds appearance 4.5 years later.

This year Wagner competed in her first championships in four seasons, and she went from 8th to 1st in 4C's and 16th to 4th at Worlds. I think she's done quite well for herself this year, especially since she's been addressing the technical issues that have held her back in the past, and she came back from a weak short to a third-place free skate :respec:

While Czisny might have a heftier medal haul -- although Wagner has medalled in half of her GP events -- Wagner has a stronger, if shorter, championship record. Czisny had two 5th places at 4C's along with 9th, and 15th, 11th, 5th, and 22nd at Worlds.

Cheylana
04-13-2012, 05:53 AM
At World Juniors, Wagner has two bronzes, Zhang has two golds and a silver, and Nagasu a silver and a bronze. But I don't think that's what you meant, either ;)
Nitpick: Zhang has one gold and two silvers.
Also Flatt has a gold from 2008. :)

kwanfan1818
04-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Nitpick: Zhang has one gold and two silvers.
Sorry, got it backwards. Thanks for the correction :)

Also Flatt has a gold from 2008. :)
She does. I just can't see her contending again, unless she puts school on hold, especially with Zhang hopefully on the rise and with Zadwadzki and possibly Gold in the mix, but maybe I'm dismissing her prematurely.

Cheylana
04-13-2012, 06:03 AM
You know what's sad? Last year Flatt scored 154 and change on a broken leg; that score would have gotten her eighth place at Worlds this year. Which, together with Ashley's fourth place, would have gotten us the three spots back.

In other words, US is just on a really rotten luck streak! :wuzrobbed:

demetriosj
04-13-2012, 02:14 PM
It would say that maybe the judges held her up yet again... :shuffle:

yup