PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Changes

Pages : [1] 2

eurodance2001
04-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Whom would you like to see change coaches, to whom and why??

Davis/White: I don't think this training environment is sustainable for them for the next 2 years; they need someone to make them branch out on an emotional level and draw you in like V/M do. I wish Krylova was available but she's stacked.. Not Tarasova or Linichuk or Dubova.. Perhaps Klimova/Ponomarenko...

Abbott and Czisny: Both are head cases that bombed Worlds; or at the very least under performed. They need to get their mental focus together.. They have the goods technically.. If only Carlo Fassi were still alive, he could mind game them into winning championships.. Perhaps Jutta Muller! She made Kat the strongest mind competitor there was despite others having more talent and technical content..

Denny and Coughlin: Dalilah is missing the finishing touch with all of her teams.. Too bad Moskvina is no longer coaching in the USA...

I stuck to some top US competitors but this is open to any skater, any country.. Whom do you think??

smarts1
04-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Abbott and Czisny are perfectly fine where they are. Their problems are not in the coaching situation.

The other person who needs a coaching change is Ksenia Makarova IMO.

eurodance2001
04-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Abbott and Czisny are perfectly fine where they are. They're problems are not in the coaching situation.

Disagree about Abbott and Czisny but that's ok!

Completely agree about Ksenia! She has so much potential..

Sylvia
04-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Any chance this thread title could be modified to "Coaching Changes You'd Like to See Happen"? :)

eurodance2001
04-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Yes.. can I do that since I started this thread or does a mod have to do that?

Sylvia
04-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Yes.. can I do that since I started this thread or does a mod have to do that?
We can only change our own thread titles for the first 5 minutes; a mod. would have to do it now. I recommend sending a PM request to one of them.

valyrian
04-10-2012, 06:49 PM
I dearly hope Brandon Mroz changes coaches. This season was unfortunate, to say the least..

pinky166
04-10-2012, 06:56 PM
I dearly hope Brandon Mroz changes coaches. This season was unfortunate, to say the least..

I hope so too, but if he leaves, imagine how bad that will make Tom Z look. Max Aaron will be his only top skater left! Seriously so many of his students have left him - Flatt, Zawadzki, Farris, Gilles all in the past year, Abbott and Dinh in years previous. Not that I blame them at all, but ouch for Tom.

Jemestone
04-10-2012, 06:59 PM
^ I personally want Max Aaron to leave him. He needs to explore his artistic side and I don't think that can be done under Tom Z.

Theatregirl1122
04-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Let's rescue them all! ;)

Lanna
04-10-2012, 07:49 PM

Coaching musical chairs! :encore:

Yazmeen
04-10-2012, 08:39 PM

A Society for the Prevention of Cruel Coaching of Skaters? :P

blue_idealist
04-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Abbott and Csizny will be the same no matter who their coaches are. Actually, I think they could be worse without Yuka and Jason's calming influences.

LilJen
04-10-2012, 09:20 PM
I hope so too, but if he leaves, imagine how bad that will make Tom Z look. Max Aaron will be his only top skater left! Seriously so many of his students have left him - Flatt, Zawadzki, Farris, Gilles all in the past year, Abbott and Dinh in years previous. Not that I blame them at all, but ouch for Tom.

Not sure Brandon Mroz's focus should be on how bad he might make his coach look if he leaves. . . I mean, yeah, ouch for Zakrajshoweveryouspellit, but if skaters aren't getting what they need from him, then he'd better be prepared for them to go elsewhere.

Katarzyna
04-10-2012, 11:32 PM
As much as I like her, I too am not sure if the partnership with Rukavitsin works out for her. It was a great effort to start working on the 3-Lutz recently (again?). However, I don't think it was a good strategy to include a jump element she just started to work on as a first element in the LP of the most important championship of the whole year. :confused:

It would have been great in preparation for next year, but in Nizza I felt it was like making a cross over her first jump. :duh:

I would love to see Kudriavtsev to work with her on jumps, but than he is Moscovite and Ksenia trains in Moscow. :(