PDA

View Full Version : The Voice S2 thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Pretty Vegas
04-17-2012, 02:59 AM
She basically said that he didn't want to be coached, lol.

LuckyCharm
04-17-2012, 02:59 AM
Blake cuts Jordis. Short and sweet.

my little pony
04-17-2012, 03:00 AM
Xtina talks a lot.

i would say she rambles, she didnt really say anything

but all of them hem and haw a lot

i'm surprised blake cut jordis

dbell1
04-17-2012, 03:01 AM
Carson "Quickly". Blake "Thanks." Me "Blake - you're dead to me."

Did he keep Erin so he can toss her under the bus tomorrow night for Ms. Country?

LuckyCharm
04-17-2012, 03:04 AM
Carson "Quickly". Blake "Thanks." Me "Blake - you're dead to me."

Did he keep Erin so he can toss her under the bus tomorrow night for Ms. Country?

I think if he tosses her under the bus, it will be for Jermaine. RaeLynn will probably get the most votes and be safe.

KikiSashaFan
04-17-2012, 03:06 AM
I don't disagree with either of those choices.

taf2002
04-17-2012, 04:14 AM
I wasn't thrilled with the song choices tonight but I thought Jesse did the best. The fact that he apparently doesn't kiss Christina's ring should be immaterial....she should have eliminated based on singing. And maybe he didn't grow as much as the others because he was already good & didn't need as much growth. The reason I know she didn't eliminate based on singing is because my ears started bleeding during Lindsey's song.

The person I thought was 2nd to Jesse was Jordis, who I really didn't like all that much before tonight. So naturally those 2 were cut. :rolleyes: How could Blake cut Jordis instead of Raelynn? Does he really think she has a good voice or is he thinking with his d**k?

My grades:
A+ Jesse
A Jordis
A- Jermaine
C Chris
C- Ashley
D Lindsey
F Raelynn

Cheylana
04-17-2012, 04:31 AM
Can RaeLynn please stop with the cutesy Betsey Johnson dresses already? She reminds me of the cute 6-year-old who gets up and warbles a ditty to “entertain” (torture) her parent’s visiting friends.

Surprised Jesse got cut; I would have gotten rid of Chris Mann, he is such a snooze!

heckles
04-17-2012, 04:51 AM
RaeLynn is a low-rent Leann Rimes, as if that's possible. Blake sure likes 'em young.

my little pony
04-17-2012, 04:54 AM
RaeLynn is a low-rent Leann Rimes, as if that's possible. Blake sure likes 'em young.

there's nothing wrong with raelene's face

haribobo
04-17-2012, 05:21 AM
From best to worst, I'd rank it-

Ashley, Jordis, Chris, Raelynn, Jesse, Jermaine, Erin, Lindsey :slinkaway

Ashley so much better than I expected from her. She's the only one of this whole group of 8 I'm looking forward to seeing next time, especially now that my #2 of this week, Jordis, got unceremoniously dumped for a terrible reason :rolleyes:...and I'm not even the biggest Jordis fan, but she's got a heck of a lot more going for her than a lot of these other people. I still haven't got over the fact that Blake pitted his two best singers (Jordis and Brian) against one another to an Alanis song that suited neither of them. Beyond stupid. Chris sounded pretty good, its nice hearing a full strong voice on that song. Raelynn did her best yet, I kinda dug it. Jesse was quite screechy on Halo and I really couldn't enjoy his version much- I don't think that song is very interesting on someone with his type of voice. Jermaine is technically proficient but so unoriginal, blah. Erin didn't set me on fire...it was just, goodish, but blah. Lindsey sounded flat, and boring. Very disappointing effort from her this time...I'm looking much more forward to seeing Adam and CeeLo's teams next week- Jamar, Katrina, Pip, Juliet, Cheesa....definitely a better group as long as they can avoid crappy song choices...

Christina group song- overbaked. :scream:
Blake group song- nice :cool:
new Adam song- pretty good :hat1:

Rob
04-17-2012, 05:49 AM
I find RaeLynn unbearable. Her singing was better in her solo, but her phrasing/twang and facial expressions make me want to buy a gun.

I thought Lindsay was way off pitch and her constant looking down bugs me.

The rest were good. Jermaine oversang the song, but good vocal. Jesse oversang his too, and I think he went off at the end with the emotion I agreed with Adam that Erin could have had better phrasing, but the vocal was good. Ashley continues to surprise. Jordis was nice and controlled. Chris sounded fine, but it sounded like the Italian opera accent was creeping in.

Overall, a little dull I think.

Surprised Xtina cut Jesse, but he must have pissed the diva off.

heckles
04-17-2012, 06:07 AM
there's nothing wrong with raelene's face

Maybe not, but she has an abundance of the trashy factor that Rimes had only traces of, at that age.

What was up with the hotties pretending to play violins during Chris Mann's number? Did they think we wouldn't notice they weren't moving their left hands? Lame.

Allskate
04-17-2012, 06:07 AM
I would have given RaeLynn the boot, but I knew that wasn't going to happen, so I'm okay with Jordis leaving, especially when I look at all her performances together. I'm also fine with Jesse leaving.

I so don't get where Blake is coming from with RaeLynn other than thinking that Taylor Swift is proof that teenage blonde country singers sell very well even if they don't have the best voices. But, he originally tried to sell her as a storyteller and the songs he's giving her don't show that at all. Her phrasing and stomping are weird. And what's with her outfits?

The song choice for Jesse wasn't the best, but he still sang it fine. But, I do think he was the weakest of the night.

Why was Jordis wearing a pageant dress and singing a Sara Evans song? It was fine, but kind of boring.

Why more Adele? Do they have to do one of her songs every week? That being said, I thought Erin did well with it.

Phil Collins is difficult to sing well, too. I though Jermaine wasn't great at the high end and had more melisma that I would like, but overall I thought he did very well.

I didn't care for Lindsey's song choice and I thought it was her weakest performance, but she sang it better than Katy. (I don't get why Christina wants everyone to sing with power. I know that's her strength, but not every singer has to be that way).

Chris handled Viva La Vida much better than I expected him to, and that actually worked pretty well. But, in general, I don't get why Christina is so intent on giving her contestants songs that aren't their types of songs and stressing versatility. It's one thing for a well-established artist to branch out a little, but these contestants are using this opportunity to try to get the public to know them for what they do well.

I definitely preferred Team Blake's group number. Somebody should tell Xtina that many of her outfits really aren't that flattering.

Ozzisk8tr
04-17-2012, 06:23 AM
I know this thread is for the US version of the voice, but we have just started the Australian one and thought I would share this 19 year old with a voice like none I've ever heard before.
http://thevoice.ninemsn.com.au/news/8450260/karise-eden-the-voice-from-outer-space

We also had a 17 year old blind girl on last night who was very impressive.