PDA

View Full Version : The Voice S2 thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41

Beefcake
05-08-2012, 02:49 PM
With this closeness, iTunes sales "votes" seemingly won't be deciding anything ...

4. 99 Problems (The Voice Performance) - Tony Lucca
8. Yesterday (The Voice Performance) - Adam Levine & Tony Lucca
10. Free Bird (The Voice Performance) - Juliet Simms
12. The Prayer (The Voice Performance) - Christina Aguilera & Chris Mann
13. You Raise Me Up (The Voice Performance) - Chris Mann
16. I Believe I Can Fly (The Voice Performance) - Jermaine Paul
32. Soul Man (The Voice Performance) - Blake Shelton & Jermaine Paul
88. Born to Be Wild (The Voice Performance) - Cee Lo Green & Juliet Simms

Puts it into the hands of the nimble fingered voters. :watch: Neither Chris nor Jermaine have lost that vote, yet. Hmm. ABT!

taf2002
05-08-2012, 03:28 PM
:kickass: Christina! She was reportedly called a [SPOILER]f*cking c*nt by Adam today during their tussle when she voiced her concerns about 99 Problems, which was Adam's severe dig at Xtina ... to call her out as a bitch. I'd be a little snippy too (www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2012/christina-aguilera-and-adam-levine-in-bitter-brawl-on-the-voice-0507/) ADAM IS A DOUCHEBAG.

I have music by Christina, Maroon 5, & Cee-lo on my iPhone so I like them all but there is no doubt in my mind that Christina is an egotistical bitch. Even in her duet with Chris she had to be the star & take the leading part. And that website is a trashy tabloid that I have a hard time believing. But if Adam did call her that name he was absolutely wrong. I'm not going to defend him. But it was also wrong of Christina to be so cutting to Tony all season. He's the only one to get that kind of critique from her. It never felt like she was critiquing his performance, it seemed like she had a personal ax to grind. BTW, she has chosen some terrible choices for her people...so has all of them. This was a terrible choice but Adam chose it, not Tony. Why do I know this? Because the judges have chosen the songs all season so why believe Tony chose it?

Adam is a complete douchebag. He's a frat boy who poses as a hipster behind his tattoos. And musically, he & his band are to the 2010s what Mark McGrath & Sugar Ray were to the late '90s.

Mark McGrath & Sugar Ray? I had to google him to know what you're talking about but I still don't remember him. If someone who likes music doesn't know who Maroon 5 is then they have been living under a rock. It's clear that Adam is the most cutthroat judge & not always nice about it but music-wise I think his band is fabulous. And certainly not obscure.

I don't know if Adam is a complete douchebag since I don't know him but I do know which judge comes across as the most unpleasant personality in the 2 seasons I've been watching this show. It's not Adam.

Rob
05-08-2012, 03:57 PM
I had never heard the 99 Problems song before and now that I have seen the lyrics, I am a little surprised Adam/Tony chose it for a show like this. Blake also made reference to the lyrics in his comments by asking what Tony was singing.

I prefer Juliet's classic rock style (and I lurve me some rock screaming) but if Chris or Jermaine win, I am fine with that. Tony, no - he shouldn't win. Katrina should still be here.

Allskate
05-08-2012, 04:54 PM
This was a terrible choice but Adam chose it, not Tony. Why do I know this? Because the judges have chosen the songs all season so why believe Tony chose it?

I seem to recall that Adam said that Tony was the one who originally came up with the idea of singing Baby One More Time. But, in any event, I don't think anyone is saying that Adama had nothing to do with the song decisions.

I don't know if Adam is a complete douchebag since I don't know him but I do know which judge comes across as the most unpleasant personality in the 2 seasons I've been watching this show. It's not Adam.

That's your opinion. I have a different one. Adam has come across as a jerk from the beginning. I've tried giving him the benefit of the doubt. But, I don't respect how he has been behaving. (Hugo made it clear that he doesn't either.) Regardless of Xtina's own behavior, I still would not like Adam. But, I do suspect that what XTina has been saying about Tony is based on how Tony and Adam have behaved in addition to how he sang. She said that the win should be based on singing, not celebrity support. And she wouldn't have said that if Adam and Tony weren't trying to win based on celebrity support. I have no problems at all XTina calling them out on their tactics. (I do have a problem with the nasty and irrational way they responded.) Unfortunately, I don't think the audience was always of aware of what was causing her to make those comments.

taf2002
05-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Christina was being nasty to Tony before Baby One More Time. BTW I don't think any of the F4 are all that good, certainly not star material. It's a reality show. Last year's contestants aren't stars either.

skatesindreams
05-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't think any of the F4 are all that good, certainly not star material.
It's a reality show. Last year's contestants aren't stars either.

I agree.
However, all of their careers will get a boost from the show.

Cheylana
05-08-2012, 07:34 PM
But, I do suspect that what XTina has been saying about Tony is based on how Tony and Adam have behaved in addition to how he sang. She said that the win should be based on singing, not celebrity support. And she wouldn't have said that if Adam and Tony weren't trying to win based on celebrity support. I have no problems at all XTina calling them out on their tactics. (I do have a problem with the nasty and irrational way they responded.)
I don't think Xtina should be the one calling them out on it, though, especially in the middle of a live episode. She's supposed to coach her team and judge the contestants' performances, but instead she just looks like she has a bad case of sour grapes and brings down the lighthearted nature of the show. All the nasty backhanded comments to Tony, week after week, just make her look petty and unprofessional.

Beefcake
05-08-2012, 08:29 PM
:cheer2: Xtina, in all her tacky/snarky/cholabattler/trainwrecked/glamourpuss/everydaygirl glory :cheer2:

Beefcake
05-08-2012, 08:51 PM
:sekret: Tonight's all-coaches' number "Free Your Mind" has been canceled.

This Adam/Xtina donnybrook is real, innit? Wonder if it'll prove to have legs, or be over and settled like a heated brother/sister fight?

my little pony
05-08-2012, 09:12 PM

that would make a great xtina cee lo duet

genevieve
05-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Is this for real?? Or are you just pulling our legs? :sekret:

that would make a great xtina cee lo duet

Totally!! I would love to see those two play off each other

Beefcake
05-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Take :sekret: for what it's worth. I only saw it from a fellow poster on a queeny blog page, and haven't seen it confirmed. Upon further thought, IMO, these are professionals, and will sing the darned song come hell or high water. Besides, I really really really wanna see it. :rollin:

The :watch: prospective deliciousness of some of the passionate FYM lyrics being screamed back and forth -- and perhaps altered ("[I'll] free your head / from your body") by Adam and Xtina -- is making me dizzy.

This is funny. Or foreshadowing, depending on how you view the above.

@carsonjdaly
All is WELL here @NBCTheVoice rehearsals today!! See! ..oh wait, the coaches aren't here yet.....nevermind:)

manhn
05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I enjoy Carson. He is low key and doesn't oversell.

rfisher
05-08-2012, 11:38 PM
CeeLo is singing a duet with Xtina on her next album. He wants to make a record with all 4 of them as a supergroup. The "feud" is no big deal. They are making a lot of money to feud with each other for 6 weeks. The blind auditions and battle rounds are recorded in just a couple of days so it's not that big of a time commitment for the 4 of them. The show provides a perfect showcase for their latest records, and let's face it; unlike AI, they are the stars of the show, not the contestants. The after show talk is always about the mentors and not those other people who get up there and sing. :lol:

phoenixflamezzz
05-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Christina was being nasty to Tony before Baby One More Time.

Really? Because honestly, from what I saw, all she did prior to that, AS A JUDGE, was call his performances him one-dimensional. That, and voicing her concerns that Tony's and Adam's industry pals (e.g. Timberlake, Bieber) tweeting in support of Tony would skew the results. That's considered being nasty now?

And then, he rolled out in succession, with Baby One More Time, How Do You Like Me Now, and finally 99 Problems But A Bitch Ain't One.

Clear to me (and Tony said as much last night) their entire strategy on choosing songs has been to get a reaction out of Christina.