PDA

View Full Version : The Voice S2 thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

taf2002
05-03-2012, 03:37 AM
But the final 4 from last year are definitely benefitting from making it to the finals in a way that those from the semis are not....even if Katrina couldn't win, getting through to next week would have been a huge boost.

Yes, like the F4 from last year got to come back & perform. That won't happen next year for Katrina. And no one can say she wouldn't have won. We'll never know.

Allskate
05-03-2012, 04:28 AM
Did Jamar look steamed rather than sad, but still grateful like the rest?

To me, he looked surprised. And he didn't give CeeLo much of a hug. Maybe Jamar expected their bromance to get him CeeLo's vote. ;)

ita, if mouseboy cant wint the audience vote over katrina, how is adam expecting him to win it over juliet, jamar and chris?

unless he hopes a celeb tweets him over the top like last yr

Adam didn't know that Tony was going to lose the audience vote. I think he has been assuming that Tony would get tons of votes from the celeb support, the mouse fans, and his pre-existing fans. Did either of the Justins tweet this week? Adam may still turn out to be right. But I think Juliet will give him a run for his money. And Chris obviously has fans that vote. I'm guessing that, even if Jermaine comes out in Mouse ears and a Belieber t-shirt and sings "I'm Bringing Sexy Back," it will be too late. But, regardless of whether Tony wins, I still feel bad for Katrina.

wow interesting! I have to watch his "Everybody Rules the World" performance again - they are talking about how the staging was too dark and maybe too "scary" for mainstream viewers, and my memory of it was that it was a cheesy fluffy take, and that his performance the next night was better because it was darker.

Maybe it's degrees of darkness as well as darkness being subjective? But, people were referring to him as Voldemort, so I think there was a common perception of him being dark and that some people don't see that as a good thing. But it wasn't just the staging.

taf2002
05-03-2012, 08:16 AM
I was reading Tony Vincent's bio on wikipedia...he is so accomplished & has done some many high profile things. I am surprised he wants to go in the pop music direction, esp with being a new dad. It seems like he will need to be on the road a lot in order to be successful.

Beefcake
05-03-2012, 03:57 PM
If Mousey wins, I feel most sorry for The Voice. It cannot afford to crown a new Taylor Hicks. It needs legitimacy.

This isn't Rock Star or a similar show looking for performance as much a voice. It's The Voice, and the Very Big Deal, starting with the chair-turning blind auditions, is that the voice is what counts.

Xtina has been spot-on in her criticism of Tony. Tony is 65% performance, 10% voice, and 25% celebrity-by-association.

The Voice needs Season 2's winner to sell some music. Whether the other three can do that is TBD, but I know that Tony won't. Sigh.

genevieve
05-03-2012, 04:05 PM
This isn't Rock Star or a similar show looking for performance as much a voice. It's The Voice, and the Very Big Deal, starting with the chair-turning blind auditions, is that the voice is what counts.
Except that the judges and production team have been spending a LOT of energy on The Look and The Staging and NOT about The Voice once the blind auditions were over this year. I mean, Adam basically admitted that he chose Tony over Katrina because Tony was his BFF, and he didn't really know Katrina. That's why you vote someone out of Big Brother, not a singing competition :lol:

I generally agree about Xtina/Tony - she's been slamming him a bit harder than I think she would otherwise because of their connection, but she's not wrong.

Beefcake
05-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Xtina has owned this season. :respec: Likely not going to boast the S2 winner, but she's made the best decisions in team selection and song choice (:yikes: Adam's and Cee-Lo's multiple song goofs), and has given the only real critiques of the singers (albeit moreso to other coaches' pupils :P).

And, most importantly, she's managed to look pretty good :glamor: this year while retaining her patented, legendary tacky diva motif.

taf2002
05-03-2012, 04:43 PM
If Mousey wins, I feel most sorry for The Voice. It cannot afford to crown a new Taylor Hicks. It needs legitimacy.

Xtina has been spot-on in her criticism of Tony. Tony is 65% performance, 10% voice, and 25% celebrity-by-association.

The Voice needs Season 2's winner to sell some music. Whether the other three can do that is TBD, but I know that Tony won't. Sigh.

Has Javier been selling music? I haven't heard any of last year's F4 on the radio. I think The Voice is like AI in that they are selling a TV show, not the next star. And they are very successful in that. People enjoy the 4 judges unlike the ones on AI. And we hear some good music for awhile. IMO the only one left this year that has a prayer of selling music is Tony. So what if it's because of performance? Does Katy Perry have a great voice?

my little pony
05-03-2012, 05:14 PM
i dont see tony selling anything. if he had any interesting original music, it would have been out already.

genevieve
05-03-2012, 05:24 PM
BTW, I wasn't that crazy about Vicci's song "Come Along" when I first heard it. I liked it better on the show this week as a duet w/Cee-Lo, but didn't expect to buy it or really heard it again.

It's been stuck in my head all morning.

manhn
05-04-2012, 05:13 AM
I have been listening to "Come Along" on a loop. It is so fantastic. And she wasn't even my favourite from last season (Oh Dia, what were you wearing and what was with that song?). Vicci is so much better than anyone this season.

taf2002
05-04-2012, 05:45 AM
I have been listening to "Come Along" on a loop. It is so fantastic. And she wasn't even my favourite from last season (Oh Dia, what were you wearing and what was with that song?). Vicci is so much better than anyone this season.

Actually I like Beverly better. She & Cyndy :kickass: on that duet.

rfisher
05-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Xtina has owned this season. :respec: Likely not going to boast the S2 winner, but she's made the best decisions in team selection and song choice (:yikes: Adam's and Cee-Lo's multiple song goofs), and has given the only real critiques of the singers (albeit moreso to other coaches' pupils :P).

And, most importantly, she's managed to look pretty good :glamor: this year while retaining her patented, legendary tacky diva motif.

Xtina is a goddess diva. Although, she's got a lot of negative feedback this season on other sites. She's too mean to Adam (he's a big boy and can take it and it's mostly staged), She's too mean to Tony (he was probably a snotty little kid that she and Brittany ignored when they were 10). She doesn't wear pants (who cares? She's who she is and flaunts it. ). She didn't pick "my favorite" (again, who cares? She has the best voice of the 4 mentors and an excellent ear and critique).

A total coup for the Voice would be to have Timberlake and Brittany on during the result show Tuesday and have Brittany/Xtina do a battle round against Justin/Adam. I love Adam, but the girls would kill them both. And it would be a fantastic ratings event.

MarieM
05-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Naaaaah. Put Adam there naked, they'll crush the girls for sure :P

genevieve
05-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Naaaaah. Put Adam there naked, they'll crush the girls for sure :P

^ this is what I hate about "talent" competition shows

taf2002
05-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Xtina is a goddess diva. Although, she's got a lot of negative feedback this season on other sites. She's too mean to Adam (he's a big boy and can take it and it's mostly staged), She's too mean to Tony (he was probably a snotty little kid that she and Brittany ignored when they were 10). She doesn't wear pants (who cares? She's who she is and flaunts it. ). She didn't pick "my favorite" (again, who cares? She has the best voice of the 4 mentors and an excellent ear and critique).

A total coup for the Voice would be to have Timberlake and Brittany on during the result show Tuesday and have Brittany/Xtina do a battle round against Justin/Adam. I love Adam, but the girls would kill them both. And it would be a fantastic ratings event.

Christina is a powerhouse but so is Adam. So I think those teams would be about even. And I'm not sure she is better voice-wise than Cee-lo. His voice is gorgeous.