PDA

View Full Version : The Voice S2 thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Rob
05-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Katrina wuzrobbed. Pfft Adam. I am ok with the rest. I'll be rooting for Juliet.

Did Jamar look steamed rather than sad, but still grateful like the rest?

Vicci and Bev were great. Javier sounded good. At least Adam is taking him on some Maroon 5 tour dates this year. Dia -- that was not so good. She's preeeetty though.

genevieve
05-02-2012, 07:28 PM
I can't see the Voice pulling in Timberlake, unless he's got an album coming out. Would love to have him duet with Britney though :EVILLE:

Cheylana
05-02-2012, 07:31 PM
I think Xtina might have inadvertently hurt Katrina's chances with her comments on Monday night. She publicly tried to sway Adam's point distribution, which Adam was not going to take well, especially since she already had a history of being biased against Tony. Would she have liked it if Adam had tried to tell her what to do with her points? No. Adam might have done the 60-40 as an overreaction there. Granted, he did a 65-35 last year but that was justified since Javier (at least voice-wise) was clearly superior to the other contestant.

I actually feel sort of worse for Jamar than for Katrina. At least Katrina had some really good moments in this competition. Most of Jamar's performances were underwhelming and bore little relation to the type of music he did in his blind audition, so I still don't feel like I know who Jamar is as an artist. Too bad. I also think he overplayed his hand with the sob story. The sob story gets you votes in the short term, but it will not win the show for you, and it will not get people to open their wallets and buy your music.

manhn
05-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I see Chris as a possible Disson musical guest. The Voice on Ice.

Smiley0884
05-02-2012, 09:00 PM
BTW Erin Martin aka headband girl blamed her elimination on Cee-lo. She should be thankful he even turned his chair around for her. Where's the vomit emoticon?

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/04/the-voice-katrina-parker-and-cheesa-weigh-in-on-erin-martins-comments-about-cee-lo.html

:rofl: I saw a brief interview with her on Jimmy Kimmel and she is just so :rolleyes: She blamed Cee-Lo for her elimination, and then tried to get the other two contestants that were booted off (I believe it was Karla and Kim) to agree with her, and they just gave her the side eye. :rollin:

Beefcake
05-02-2012, 09:08 PM
:wuzrobbed Poor Erin! The heavy burden she must carry in this world is now doubled:

1. Incredible beauty :wuzrobbed
2. Cee-lo :wuzrobbed

At least she's still got her voice.

genevieve
05-02-2012, 09:37 PM
she's got quite the ego on her, but she's not wrong - Cee-Lo's song selections for her were terrible and didn't highlight her strengths (she must have had some, right?), and his showmanship has often overwhelmed the singers.

Of course, if her voice was fantastic she could have overcome such obstacles, but many of us have posted about how Cee-Lo sometimes seems to just be screwing with his contestants in song choice and staging.

John 3 17
05-02-2012, 10:07 PM
...unless he hopes a celeb tweets him over the top like last yr

Which, imo, is cheating.

And on another note: I've been thinking for weeks now that if this show wants to remain popular, it's going to have to include more audience participation. I even think the battle-rounds ought to have some audience votes (Anthony, Angela, the Shields Brothers) -- they'd have to be live, but maybe the BRs could be 50-50 audience and coach much like the semis are now. But then the semis should be 100% audience. WE'RE the ones who buy the music, not the coaches! And then when a fave gets sent home, a fan is mad at the audience not one of the coaches personally. Right now I don't feel like listening to anything by Maroon 5. How's ticking off the audience good for the coaches?

-Bridget

rfisher
05-02-2012, 10:24 PM
It's a moot point. Katrina would not have won. :lol: She can still get a recording contract if some company is interested. It really doesn't matter if she sung in the final or not except to those who liked her singing. Which if you do, then buy her records and her recording company will keep her. If you really care about an artist, support then financially. They get nothing from people just watching the show. That's only NBC and the sponsors. Now, if people quit watching, future contestants will be impacted if the show is cancelled. I think the talent pool will be deeper next season. It's been interesting reading some of the comments about last night on the Net. There are the "this season is so much better than last....I hated all 4 of the former contestants last night" to the "this season is so much worse than last....I loved all 4 former contestant so much more." Music is personal taste.

genevieve
05-03-2012, 12:17 AM
But the final 4 from last year are definitely benefitting from making it to the finals in a way that those from the semis are not....even if Katrina couldn't win, getting through to next week would have been a huge boost.

I don't think the battle rounds need to have audience participation, I think they just need to be scrapped altogether. Go right to the team format instead of selecting duos from the team....it was my least favorite part of the show last year, and this year it was just awful. I don't care if the first couple of team rounds are coach-selected or they bring in the audience earlier, but the head-to-head format is stupid and can send really mediocre people further in the competition vs super talented people who have a legit shot at the finale, due to who the person is up against.

And move the show back to 10pm so the tweens won't be watching :mitchell:

my little pony
05-03-2012, 01:10 AM
It's a moot point. Katrina would not have won..

i dont see your point. neither will mouseboy but i now have to suffer through him. i would have appreciated one more katrina download. if it only matters that the winner stick around, there would be no show.

genevieve
05-03-2012, 01:15 AM
I thought mouseboy was the frontrunner

LuckyCharm
05-03-2012, 01:18 AM
I thought mouseboy was the frontrunner

I did too, before last night when it was revealed that he got fewer votes this week than his team mate.

John 3 17
05-03-2012, 02:00 AM
Whole Post

ITA :respec: I just don't have enough hope that they will scrap the battles; the producers seem to love them (I hate them) :(

Smiley0884
05-03-2012, 02:24 AM
Wrong thread! :slinkaway: