PDA

View Full Version : The Voice S2 thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Beefcake
05-01-2012, 05:46 PM
^ Wow, pretty impressive for the top seven! :respec:

Those iTunes tallies are close enough for Teams Adam, Cee-Lo, and Xtina for there to remain considerable mystery ... audience and coach votes unknown. (Lindsey with a decent iTunes lead, but a similar lead last round didn't get her the auto advance.)

Meanwhile, it was already the most obvious of the four team outcomes, but now we can definitely say "buh bye, Erin."

my little pony
05-01-2012, 05:51 PM
juliet's roxanne at 82 still

genevieve
05-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Juliet's strength is her live performance - I can't see buying her records, but I'd go see her in concert. At least until her voice gives out from all that screaming :saint:

Cheylana
05-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Juliet's strength is her live performance - I can't see buying her records, but I'd go see her in concert. At least until her voice gives out from all that screaming :saint:
Juliet was actually sort of bragging that she's had no formal voice training. Since when is this a badge of honor? I guess she wants to say that her voice is naturally good or something. Yet, as you said, the lack of training could cause her voice to blow out prematurely.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the show doesn't really want Jamar to win for a couple of reasons: (1) he's too similar to last year's winner Javier (both brown guys doing R&B or R&B-influenced music), and (2) they want the top iTunes seller (Juliet) to win, which seems fair. Surely they would like the winner to be the most successful contestant post-show. The only issue with Juliet is that she's already had FIVE recording contracts, all of which failed. Is the sixth time the charm? All that said, I actually don't have a horse in this race; I watch strictly for the judges and the lolz. :)

taf2002
05-01-2012, 08:11 PM
I had a different take on Juliet...I don't see how someone from a musical family can say they've had no musical training. Maybe she didn't pay for the lessons & they might not have been structured like formal lessons but I'm sure she had guidance along the way.

genevieve
05-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Juliet was actually sort of bragging that she's had no formal voice training. Since when is this a badge of honor?
I didn't see it as bragging - I saw it as one of those "I've worked hard, haven't had advantages, can't believe I'm here" moments. And honestly, voice lessons aren't very rock n' roll :lol:

I do think she should consider going to one of those "scream" voice coaches if she wants a long term career though, because her voice will give out at some point otherwise.

Jayar
05-01-2012, 08:44 PM
I didn't see it as bragging - I saw it as one of those "I've worked hard, haven't had advantages, can't believe I'm here" moments. And honestly, voice lessons aren't very rock n' roll :lol:

I do think she should consider going to one of those "scream" voice coaches if she wants a long term career though, because her voice will give out at some point otherwise.

Voice lessons can be rock and roll. I know of quite a few coaches who help with that.

KikiSashaFan
05-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Jamar vs Juliet. This is an easy one for me. Jamar is my least favorite of the remaining 8. Week after week I just find him boring and meh. Juliet is all kinds of awesome.

Tony vs Katrina. I don't think this was Tony's best week, but I think he has enough outside support to take it. I prefer Katrina though.

Jermaine vs Erin. I'd give this one to Jermaine this week. Usually I prefer Erin and I HATE his song, but Erin was a little off this week.

Chris vs Lindsay. This is the hardest one for me to call. I really like Lindsay and her breathy, raspy sound but Chris is good too and seems to have a lot of support so who knows.

genevieve
05-01-2012, 09:03 PM
there can be voice lessons in rock singing, I was saying that the act of taking voice lessons isn't a very rock n' roll activity ;)

Beefcake
05-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Voice lessons can be rock and roll. I know of quite a few coaches who help with that.
In related news, I'm available* if a young pupil desires to learn how to sing like Dylan or either or both of Milli and Vanilli.

*"Out" only, as my dogs do not appreciate such harmony.

KikiSashaFan
05-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Just for the hell of it here's Xtina's Man's World performance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2Yxp6q2h0

Rob
05-01-2012, 09:11 PM
I am not sure Juliet Simms plus studio musicians would have the rock star mystique that sells records. You need that kick ass guitar player who could be a rock star in his or her own right. Rock requires chemistry among band members, not just studio musicians for hire.

Smiley0884
05-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Juliet was actually sort of bragging that she's had no formal voice training. Since when is this a badge of honor? I guess she wants to say that her voice is naturally good or something. Yet, as you said, the lack of training could cause her voice to blow out prematurely.

I *cringed* when she said this! She does have a great voice, but her lack of vocal training is quite obvious in many of her performances. But then again, if she's had 5 record deals, I can't imagine her not getting any sort of vocal coaching at some point.

rfisher
05-02-2012, 02:20 AM
Dia sounding good. Vicci looking good. Can't wait to hear her and Bev.

Xtina split her score evenly so the audience puts Chris through. Not a big surprise. I think Lindsey will appeal to a smaller audience. Hope she gets a contract and small venue work which will really suit her.

Cheylana
05-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Oh goody, another week of Chris boring me silly!