PDA

View Full Version : The Voice S2 thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Impromptu
05-01-2012, 02:58 AM
Who dressed Juliet like a Romulan?

LuckyCharm
05-01-2012, 02:59 AM
Who dressed Juliet like a Romulan?

:rofl:

This show needs Tommy Hilfiger.

Way to make it about you, Xtina.:rolleyes:

Sally1214
05-01-2012, 03:14 AM
ARGH ... both Jamar and Juliet deserve to be in the finals. Too bad we couldn't just eliminate Team Xtina altogether.

rfisher
05-01-2012, 03:22 AM
I think Chris deserves to be there every bit as much as Jamar.

my little pony
05-01-2012, 03:24 AM
ita, while i think jamar is competent, i've only really liked him once

John 3 17
05-01-2012, 04:27 AM
Juliet was very good -- one of the few times I haven't had to mute her halfway through her song. I don't think I should be worried about Jamar, but I SO hope he makes it to finals!!

taf2002
05-01-2012, 04:31 AM
Everyone did pretty good tonight...I enjoyed that a lot. In order of enjoyment:

Katrina
Juliet
Tony
Jamar
Erin
Chris
Jermaine
Lindsey

I almost put Juliet 1st but she was really nasel on that song. I think Katrina, Juliet, & maybe Tony could be really marketable. I don't see the others going anywhere. Jermaine is not a soloist to me. There doesn't seem to be anything unique about him. Lindsey is apparently an acquired taste...I personally think she has minimal talent but Christina is hearing something there, I don't know what. I don't know where Chris fits. His voice isn't nearly good enough for real opera. He might do well on Josh Groban type songs. Erin is still a question mark to me. I don't think we've seen much of her personality because of the death of her father. She has a good voice but I'm not blown away by her.

Cheylana
05-01-2012, 04:49 AM
Awesome night. I feel like most everyone really brought their A-game, and nobody was terrible. I ranked them as follows:

Katrina -- A real standout vocally
Juliet -- brought a lot of passion to her performance but just a wee bit screamy for me.
Jamar -- I liked that he experimented with the arrangement to show what kind of music he wishes to make, and he was on key, but I didn't totally love the final product.
Jermaine -- Terrific vocal; really wish he would try something outside of the Eighties Greatest Hits Catalog though. Screwed up the beginning by starting a few bars too early.
Erin -- Really wanted to love this, and she looked beautiful, but she was kind of pitchy.
Lindsay -- Ok but not really my cup of tea
Chris -- See above
Tony -- Not terrible, but I thought the others were better.

Allskate
05-01-2012, 06:04 AM
Snap: You and Adam can start a Brittney cover band :rofl:

Xtina is getting a lot of heat for being a bitch this season. But I LOVE HER!!!!

I thought it was funny, not bitchy. This show wouldn't be nearly as good without her. I don't always agree with her, but she's insightful and entertaining. And she was quite complimentary to Tony. She's actually frequently very nice to the contestants.

Tony has me kind of baffled. "How You Like Me Now?" I think I liked him better before. He seems to be doing totally different kinds of things than he did before, and I'm not sure I like the slick style. I like his singing more than most here do -- or at least what I heard from him before The Voice -- but I think it will undermine the credibility of the show if celebrity tweets/support give Adam the win for the second season in a row. There have been better singers this season, IMO. BTW, did his wife really start crying because he sometimes makes a meal for them when he comes home?

Blake really is not good at song choices. "Without You" didn't do a lot for Erin.

I'm really glad that Xtina let Chris do a more classical song this week. I've heard it sung better, but he did well and it's nice that he had a chance to do the kind of song he's likely to do on his next album. It just seems like, even with this kind of song, he doesn't imbue it with much emotion.

Team Cee-Lo is the strongest IMO. I <3 CeeLo's t-shirt. :lol: Even better that XTina's tiara. :lol: I preferred Jamar's more rocking performances. Didn't care for this song and arrangement. I wish he and CeeLo would stop the talk about the backstory.

I'm not sure "Open Arms" would have been my choice for Jermaine, but he sang okay. Just really not my cup of tea.

I really like Katrina, but I don't think she has a prayer of going through If last year is any indication, Adam himself will probably make the decision and he'll go with Tony.

Linsday looked a little uncomfortable at the beginning, but it got much better as she went a long. I get the sense that Lindsay is XTina's first choice, which is surprising because Xtina usually goes for the power vocalists.

Juliet totally killed it! Loved it! THAT was the performance of the night. I will be so mad at CeeLo if he doesn't give her a clear majority.

ARGH ... both Jamar and Juliet deserve to be in the finals. Too bad we couldn't just eliminate Team Xtina altogether.

I think I'd eliminate Team Blake. I'd really like to see both Juliet and Katrina make it to the finale. I think Juliet will get the ITunes vote, but Jamar might get a big sympathy vote and the overall audience vote. I'm afraid that Jamar will get Cee-Lo's vote or that he'll make it very close. Katrina may get the ITunes vote, but Adam and the Beliebers will give it to Tony. I'd prefer Lindsay to Chris purely as a matter of taste, but those Mann Fans might give it to Chris. I think XTina will keep it fairly close. I'm guessing Jermaine will go though, though I don't really care who wins from Team Blake.

Beefcake
05-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Fantastic night of performances. But, some of you (coughSallycough) are off your rockers. Jamar is succeeding due to overpraise by the coaches. 2nd to last in my rankings, ahead of Tony, who obviously still has constipation (unnnngggghhhh, that strain in his voice and on his face).

Chris showed wonderful vocals, and his performance was heartfelt but probably not deep enough for downloaders and voters. Lindsey's rendition was beautiful. If you don't get her, no problem, 'cause she doesn't need you. :P

I enjoyed Juliet the most. OUTSTANDING! :cheer:

Should be F4: Juliet, Katrina, Chris, Jermaine.
Will be F4: Juliet, Tony :blah:, Lindsey, Jermaine.

genevieve
05-01-2012, 07:08 AM
whee, best show of the season! everyone did a good job, no one bombed, and even the song choices were across the board better than they've been all season. whee!

I was afraid we would be looking for an all-guy finale, but the last 3 women knocked it out of the park. I'm voting for the first time all season.

Katrina: the Fugees arrangement helped keep Katrina from seeming dated (although that version is almost *gulp* 20 years old). And the beginning with only the drumbeat? Was awesome. She was fab. THANK YOU Cee-Lo for pointing out that this is NOT Lauryn Hill's song, and :blah: to Adam for continuing to talk about Lauryn Hill after it was pointed out that Roberta Flack sang it first.

Lindsey: Back off haterz, this was a perfect song choice for Lindsey and I loved this performance. She got lost in the group song, battling 3 belters in GaGa's worst song, but on her own? gorgeous and memorable.

Juliet: I still despise her Ashlee Simpson makeover, and the first couple of bars had that annoying cloying little girl voice she uses when not rocking out, but then she delivered an amazing rendition, not only in the vocals but the staging. She even made the Florence & the Machine dress work!

I'd love to include Erin in the womynfest, but she had several pitchy moments in her song - she did better in the group performance. Jermaine also had a couple of pitchy moments - I'd be in favor of eliminating Team Blake entirely and keeping Jamar with the other ladies - but his overall performance was stronger than Erin's.

Chris and Tony both had their best performances but neither were as good as their teammates.

:sekret: I heard that Bev sings with Cyndi Lauper on tomorrow night's results show. FLOVE! :swoon:

:cheer2: !!

John 3 17
05-01-2012, 11:26 AM
genevieve, you brought up two things I meant to: one, that "Killing Me Softly" is a ROBERTA FLACK song and how happy I was that Cee-Lo reminded them and two, that Juliet's dress was totally out of Florence Welch's closet :lol: the shoulders were a bit more Cee-Lo than Flo ;) but the whole look with her hairstyle reminded me of her.

-Bridget

Rob
05-01-2012, 04:28 PM

That is how I feel -- Chris has the voice, but he's not pop star material. Perhaps this show should be about the voice in any genre, but I think it is about pop music and not classical/popera. Lindsay is not my thing at all.

I thought Erin was incredibly pitchy and even off key. A shame - I really liked her up to now.

My rank:
Juliet
Katrina
Jermaine
Jamar
Chris
Tony
Erin
Lindsay

Aceon6
05-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Anyone have a chance to check iTunes? I don't have it on this laptop.

my little pony
05-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Anyone have a chance to check iTunes? I don't have it on this laptop.

juliet is # 5
lindsey # 15
katrina # 22
jamar # 26
tony # 28
jermaine # 42
chris # 50
erin # 126