PDA

View Full Version : The Voice S2 thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Matryeshka
04-25-2012, 03:05 AM
YAY! No more Chessa! I'd feel bad because she looked so defeated, but forget the battle rounds--she never should have been on the show in the first place.

LuckyCharm
04-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Who said anything about sleeping? :swoon:

I see your point. But the more I watch this show, the more irritating I find him. There's not enough sexy to overcome that. Besides, there are better bodies out there with fewer tattoos.

But by all means, you and rfisher enjoy.:o

Allskate
04-25-2012, 03:12 AM
I see your point. But the more I watch this show, the more irritating I find him. There's not enough sexy to overcome that. Besides, there are better bodies out there with fewer tattoos.

Yeah. I'm not into the scrawny body with tattoo sleeves, either. And I agree that he's been kind of annoying lately. Less funny. I almost have the feeling that he's decided that Tony will be his final singer and get tweet/celebrity support, and so he can just phene it in with his contestants.

taf2002
04-25-2012, 03:17 AM
I don't always like Juliet...Christina was right in saying that about her song choices. But her being in the bottom two is all kinds of wrong.

I think Katrina is the most consistant so far. She really hasn't had a bad performance. I don't think any of them are at their best during sing for your life but I thought she was the best of the night. I just hate her wig.

dbell1
04-25-2012, 04:17 AM
I'm not into scrawny, tattooed, angsty guys either, but there's something about Adam that seems like he'd be fun to hang out with as long as his meds are working. And he could just sing to me and I'd be happy. Well, that and hand me his credit cards to go shopping. :lol:

Guessing no one here wants Cee Lo? :P

my little pony
04-25-2012, 04:18 AM
Guessing no one here wants Cee Lo? :P

he's like a stuffed gator

Cheylana
04-25-2012, 04:30 AM
So, I'll just be the bitch. Jamar did a bunch of drugs and got a horrible disease. I'm not saying he deserved it in any way, shape, or form, but I'm sort of over people lauding those that have made really stupid decisions. Yes, good for him, he picked himself up. But his choices were, clean up or death. He's not a villain that should be stoned off the island, but nor is he a hero or the poster child for inspirational stories.
I don't mind his redemption story but must he repeat it in every single episode? We get it, Jamar. You made bad choices, you contracted HIV, you hit rock bottom and now, like a phoenix rising from the ashes, you are achieving great things on a cheesy reality show. That's great. But now, your singing should speak for itself! Though I'm not sure it does.

personwhoishere
04-25-2012, 04:35 AM
I don't think Jamar necessarily has a choice on what is aired and I highly doubt the constant rehashing of his backstory is his decision. Of course, I am a fan and I think his voice DOES speak for itself.

Allskate
04-25-2012, 04:47 AM
I don't think Jamar necessarily has a choice on what is aired and I highly doubt the constant rehashing of his backstory is his decision.

He may not be an editor and he can't force them to put this on the air, but he certainly can choose what to say and how to say it. Nobody put a gun to his head. And, really, he seems almost eager to talk about it and talks in a manner that is kind of preachy. To me, it's off putting. It seems like he's pulling a Gokey.

Smiley0884
04-25-2012, 04:01 PM
He may not be an editor and he can't force them to put this on the air, but he certainly can choose what to say and how to say it. Nobody put a gun to his head. And, really, he seems almost eager to talk about it and talks in a manner that is kind of preachy. To me, it's off putting. It seems like he's pulling a Gokey.

I honestly don't think of it that way. I think he's just SO happy and SO grateful to be alive and doing well, that he's just a bit over eager to help others and he probably thinks sharing his story will do that.

He's got a ton of talent regardless, but I agree....less sob story, more singing. At this point if they are going to keep doing fluff pieces I really just want to hear more about his background with music, his experiences as a performer ect.

Rob
04-25-2012, 04:25 PM
With all the talent that paraded through the blind auditions, I am wondering how we are left with a group that seems far less talented overall than last year's Top 8. Some of the battle round pair ups/decisions and the elimination of Jesse really took a toll.

genevieve
04-25-2012, 04:51 PM
My only regret about Cheesa leaving (and it's a tiny one) is that I'd have liked to hear her sing a Cher song - not Believe or Turn Back Time, but one of her older songs. Cheesa has that kind of unusually full low voice that could be really interesting, but she seems to want to be a typical higher note belter.

Oddly, during Mathai's song, I started humming Torn and thinking that would be a good song for this competition - and then Juliet busts out with it! :eek: ITA with what Xtina said about Juliet's performances this week - her "soft" voice is full of crappy baby doll inflections and they need to GO, but when she abandons those tricks and just sings she's great. And the makeover (in both looks and singing) is AWFUL. She needs to stay the badass rocker.

With all the talent that paraded through the blind auditions, I am wondering how we are left with a group that seems far less talented overall than last year's Top 8.
It's been like this since the beginning of the season. The talent has been more mainstream and commercial (aka boring and produced versus raw and original) since the initial auditions, and the audience voting is rewarding the mainstream singers. even the judges' chemistry is more manufactured this year.

Cheylana
04-25-2012, 09:50 PM
I don't think Jamar necessarily has a choice on what is aired and I highly doubt the constant rehashing of his backstory is his decision. Of course, I am a fan and I think his voice DOES speak for itself.
I liked his blind audition, but everything since then just seems so '80s karaoke to me. Is this really the kind of music he intends to put out after the show finishes up? It's not consistent with his blind audition or the "Hey There Delilah" performance he had on Idol a few years ago.

moebius
04-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Funny that Pip sang a Keane song this week because last week when he sang 'When We Were Young' I thought that he sounded like the lead singer of Keane singing that song except not as good as Tom Chaplin.

LuckyCharm
04-27-2012, 03:42 AM
I liked his blind audition, but everything since then just seems so '80s karaoke to me.

I believe the fault for that mostly lies with his coach.

Is this really the kind of music he intends to put out after the show finishes up?

I seriously doubt it.