PDA

View Full Version : The Voice S2 thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Rob
04-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I need to watch this RockStar you people keep referencing.

Me too. I wonder why I didn't watch that since I prefer rock to sap pop/country.

PrincessLeppard
04-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Me too. I wonder why I didn't watch that since I prefer rock to sap pop/country.

Mark Burnett said Rockstar is the show most people ask him to bring back.

I wish he would.

And I agree with genevieve that Rockstar and the Voice are going after two different audiences, which is why the powers that be probably felt they had to "clean up" Jordis.

Smiley0884
04-24-2012, 05:03 PM
:lynch: Marty doesn't need to jump all over the place to bring the intensity. :drama: Watch him do "I, Alone." Damn. :swoon:

I would have like to see Marty get off the stool at some point during the song, but his vocal blows Tony's out of the water, and that's all that matters for me.

I like Juliet, but last night was one of her weakest vocals. She started off with this creepy baby voice, then started to sound better, until she went into obviously strained vocal. I enjoyed the performance aspect, but I wish the judges would have mentioned that she needs to clean up her vocal technique. That, and I just kept thinking about how Adam Lambert did the same song about 200 times better on AI :P

Chessa was another screechy one for me. Her entire performance was just one big glory note, no subtlety at all. Not to mention many of her glory notes were quite sharp. She's no Whitney, and not only that but there are other reality show contestants who have done this song much better. She had zero connection to the lyrics, it was all about the off key belting. At least Juliet had an interesting performance, I felt Chessa was just so copy cat and unoriginal. I think she has an interesting voice, so I'm disappointed to see her go in this direction.

James did as well as he could, but was clearly out of his league. I met him last month, and he's a total sweetheart. He was "celebrity" judge for a cheerleading tryout for one of boston's major league sports teams. Most of the girls didn't know who he was, but he was the only judge who made an effort to get to know everyone. I told him good luck on the voice and he seemed surprised anyone knew who he was. He didn't talk about himself at all and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know the other girls and myself, in a non creeper way. I think he's lucky to have gotten as far as he did on this competition, but I will say that he's a genuinely nice kid.

Jamar...I didn't care for the song choice, but I thought he did well. Not his best performance on the show, but good enough that it obvious he should make it through to the next round. I appreciate him being open about his back story, but I would like to hear more about his personality and other things about his life aside from the addiction/HIV redemption story.

Katrina...Best vocal of the night for me. I would like to see her open up as a performer, but it's clear she deserves to make it to the next round.

Pip...sigh. I like him a lot, but it's like he's the red headed step child of Adam's team. I really think Adam dropped the ball on his mentoring of Pip. Regardless it was a weak vocal and Pip only has himself to blame for that. He deserved to go last night.

Matthai...She's another one who I like, but needs to stop with the affectations. It was a decent performance, but she had some pitch issues. She could be in trouble tomorrow.

Tony...Ugh. I couldn't agree more with Xtina about how one note Tony is. He's a good performer, and a good vocalist, but not really "great", IMHO and wouldn't have gotten this far on the show without his "connections". I did enjoy is "Baby one more time", but at the same time I'm growing tired of the whole MMC/I have celebrity acquaintances shtick. Ok, that's nice, but shouldn't someone with all of your connections have been able to break through at this point??? And now you're going to try to use those connections to win a reality singing show?? He. Just. Bugs.

LuckyCharm
04-25-2012, 02:02 AM
THIS-IS-THE-VOICE!!!dadadadaaaaa.....

Florence + The Machine performing.

Matryeshka
04-25-2012, 02:06 AM
The biggest surprise of this show is how much I like Carson Daily as a host.

I would really like to see Juliet sing Have a Little Faith in Me.

LuckyCharm
04-25-2012, 02:09 AM
The great thing about Carson is that he gets the job done in a most unobtrusive way. He gets that it's not about him and he's okay with that.

Allskate
04-25-2012, 02:13 AM
The great thing about Carson is that he gets the job done in a most unobtrusive way. He gets that it's not about him and he's okay with that.

ITA. I don't really notice him. As opposed to Ryan Seacrest, who is annoying. It boggles my mind that he's going to get paid $45 million for hosting three more seasons of AI. Why on earth would someone think he's worth that much? The judges on The Voice don't make that much combined, and I'd take any one of them over Ryan.

LuckyCharm
04-25-2012, 02:15 AM
Team Adam: America saves Tony. No surprise. Bye, Mathai. She will sing for the save against Katrina (and lose.)

Team CeeLo: America saves Jamar. Haha! Juliet vs. Cheesa for save. I know what I hope but I have no idea what CeeLo will do.

my little pony
04-25-2012, 02:19 AM
i'm surprised jamar was america's choice. he and his song choice underwhelmed.

not that i liked tony but i get that he came into this w/ a bunch of timberfans.

Matryeshka
04-25-2012, 02:20 AM
Tony? :blah: I'm not surprised with his legion of Timberlake twitter followers. Jamar, double blah. If he didn't have a story, he'd be out this week.

Allskate
04-25-2012, 02:22 AM
i'm surprised jamar was america's choice. he and his song choice underwhelmed.

I don't think that Juliet had her best night. And then there's Cheesa. Plus, they really pushed Jamar's backsorty last night. And maybe fans of his BFF, Gokey, voted for him too. I'm perfectly fine with him staying over Cheesa.

my little pony
04-25-2012, 02:23 AM
I don't think that Juliet had her best night. And then there's Cheesa. Plus, they really pushed Jamar's backsorty last night. And maybe fans of his BFF, Gokey, voted for him too.

the mention of all things gokey makes me want to throw stuff

Allskate
04-25-2012, 02:25 AM
the mention of all things gokey makes me want to throw stuff

Yeah. I try not to hold Gokey against Jamar, but his constant inspirational speeches and milking of his life story make that really hard.

LuckyCharm
04-25-2012, 02:25 AM
Team Adam:
Mathai sings "Cowboy Casanova" by Carrie Underwood. Huh?
I actually dig what she's trying to do but I think the vocal is missing the mark. It was kinda rough.

my little pony
04-25-2012, 02:27 AM
mathai makes each song sound like it has 100 more words than the original

all her songs are like some long winded non catchy poem