PDA

View Full Version : The Voice S2 thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

LuckyCharm
04-24-2012, 02:58 AM
Bye Bye Headband Boy!!

Navka is pissed.

Adam seriously annoys.

He dumps Pip!

rfisher
04-24-2012, 02:59 AM
No surprise there. Cheesa earned the right to stay.

Pip or Mathai is the question for Adam.

And Pip is out. He blew it because Mathai didn't do well. She'll go tomorrow.

Juliet should get the audience save tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if CeeLo saves Cheesa rather than Jamar.

PrincessLeppard
04-24-2012, 03:00 AM
Aw, the two sexually safe boyz are out. ((Ken dolls))

AragornElessar
04-24-2012, 03:00 AM
He did himself in w/that bit of his song he murdered. Bye Bow Tie!!

Matryeshka
04-24-2012, 03:01 AM
The Era of the Headband has truly passed. The Bow Tie Era is over before it truly begun.

Let's get rid of Matthai next.

LuckyCharm
04-24-2012, 03:01 AM
Aw, the two sexually safe boyz are out. ((Ken dolls))

And Tony is seriously nerdsexy.

Rob
04-24-2012, 03:46 AM
Pip was just awful. Matthai was not good but not as awful as Pip. James was zzzz
Juliet rocks.

KikiSashaFan
04-24-2012, 03:57 AM
My prediction for Adam's team is easy. Tony will get the save and he'll save Katrina over Mathai. Cee Lo's team is harder. I'd like to think Juliet is a lock, but Cheesa was good tonight, definitely the best she's ever been and she seems more tv competition friendly, so it might go her way. Either way I think Jamar is toast.

taf2002
04-24-2012, 04:44 AM
Caterwauling...good word. I think we should use it for Jamar. It had some moments but he oversang it.

I thought Katrina killed the song-she was #2 of the night for me, but the faux-Adele look has to go. I think she's more attractive with the short hair & the make-up was horrible.

I just don't like the way Mathai sings or the cutesy act.

Headband boy....very kareoke...bye bye James. I did think he was kind of cute in a gendarless way.

Tony was #1 of the night for me...I'm going to download that. I thought he was better than Marty. For one thing, his version had more energy & passion. Marty just lounged on a stool & was very low-key.

I hate people doing Whitney power ballads because they never can compare favorably. Chessa hit many bad notes. She was hurting my ears.

Pip....horrible, just horrible. It's sad because he started out so strong.

I didn't think Juliet came close to the performance she had last time. With her fan base I expect her to get the audience save but I don't think she can afford another performance like that.

My predictions for who's going home tomorrow:

Adam: Tony for the audience save & Adam's save for Katrina.
Cee-lo: Jamar is popular but I think the audience will save Juliet & Cee-lo will save Jamar.

dbell1
04-24-2012, 04:54 AM
Ryan Star :scream:

I just went and looked him up. Could only find him jumping and slithering on pianos. :lol: Good times.

Oh, Jordis update. She's heading to Nashville. Not sure about that move...

Allskate
04-24-2012, 06:05 AM
I'm not sure Katrina can win it all, but I can definitely see her being Adam's last one standing. I think I'm actually going to download this one.

I don't think she has a prayer of being Adam's final singer. Tony will be Adam's final contestant. Tony came into the competition with over 500,000 Twitter followers. His friend, Justin Timberlake, has over 10 million Twitter followers and has tweeted people to vote for Tony. That's why Xtina made the comments the last time Tony sang about how this competition shouldn't be decided based on celebrity support.

Adam and Tony were playing to that fan base when they picked a Britney song. That was smart, especially because I'm sure a lot of Tony/Justin fans were not happy with Xtina's comments and this choice probably tapped into that. Coming into the competition, I liked Tony's singing and I think he sounded better tonight than he did for most of the competition, but this song choice and their reasons for it rubbed me the wrong way. And I really will be annoyed if he wins the competition because of either of the Justins.

I'm guessing that Adam is going to pick Katrina over Mathai. I hope that's what happens, though I do kind of feel bad for Mathai that she had to do that song.

I really, really wish Jamar would stop talking. I'm so over the backstories. I'm sure he'll go through tomorrow. I'm hoping it's Juliet who goes through as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if CeeLo once again saves Cheesa, who, BTW, is no Whitney.

I think the right people were eliminated tonight, though. Pip had a rough ending to that song -- but I was happy he lost the bow tie. CeeLo was suffering from temporary sanity when he cut James. But it was temporary -- nutty song choice for James. (And those wings and raining feathers with Juliet! :lol:) The nuttiness must have rubbed off on Adam, who compared James to Frank Sinatra. And Adam got even nuttier by admitting that he didn't even know what was going to be happening on stage with the flying dude. (He probably didn't know that there would be a dancing choir behind Tony either. And he apparently thinks that Tony is a classic rocker? Weird. They have mutual friends like Sara Bareilles, so you would think Adam would be more clued in even if he isn't taking time to listen to his team members.)

IMO, Team CeeLo won the group singoff.

genevieve
04-24-2012, 06:34 AM
right decisions were made tonight...and I thought Juliet started as though she was told to sing in a certain way and then she decided to say screw it (which improved things). But I hated her styling...made her look like pre-nose-job Ashlee Simpson.

Beefcake
04-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Really underwhelming this week. :yawn:

Didn't really care who got through, but I did enjoy the Cheese turning it out. The girl is so limited in range, but she is fearless.

With each performance and its subsequent coaches/public tongue baths, I become more tired of Tony Lucca. WTH? His voice wishes it was as good as average. Lucca's obvious march toward the F4 is :blah:. Worse, his possibly winning the title would/will be the third body slam to The Voice's credibility ... the first being Javier Colon's career flop, the second being the poor iTunes sales thus far this season.

I sound so sour. I swear -- I'm not one of those people who will continue watching a show for years and years ... bitching all the while. coughidolfanscough. So, :drama: I really hope that things pick up so that I'll want to watch next The Voice season.

PrincessLeppard
04-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Tony was #1 of the night for me...I'm going to download that. I thought he was better than Marty. For one thing, his version had more energy & passion. Marty just lounged on a stool & was very low-key.

:lynch: Marty doesn't need to jump all over the place to bring the intensity. :drama: Watch him do "I, Alone." Damn. :swoon:

dbell, I posted Ryan's Baba O'Riley awhile back. It's really one of the most unintentionally hilarious and totally :scream: inducing performances ever. I'll try to hunt it down later. :watch:

genevieve
04-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Even though Marty's performance was more interesting/cooler/better, I think it was right that Tony didn't go as dark...it wouldn't have worked, and really, Voice 2.0 is looking to capture the AI demographic, so we can't have him getting too skary, can we?