PDA

View Full Version : The Voice S2 thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

skatesindreams
04-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Do the mentors interact with their teams immediately after the live shows; so the eliminated contestants can find out/discuss the reason for their choice?

Allskate
04-20-2012, 05:14 AM
Yes, but that was my point. I think Chris was her least favorite, not Jesse, but that Jesse was more of the threat with voters to her top 2, so she eliminated him Monday assuming Tuesday's elimination would be a cakewalk. And voters chose Chris as a direct response to that choice (has she NEVER watched Idol? Audiences do not like being blatantly manipulated :lol: ) Her strategy totally backfired.

Hmm. I got the impression that she really didn't like Jesse. I didn't see blatant manipulation. On Idol, when a judge blatantly manipulates against someone, the audience might vote for them. But that's not possible here if a judge's manipulation involves cutting the contestant. I don't see voting for Chris being a direct response to cutting Jesse. Why him and not Lindsey or Ashley? I just think that Chris has a voting base. He kind of came into the competition with one. (Tony Lucca may be in a similar position.)

I don't know who I would choose for a coach. I think it would depend in part on what kind of singer I was. If I were a power vocalist and shared XTina's interest in production values and diverse genres, I'd choose her. Otherwise, probably not. If I were a strong personality who liked to just be out there, I'd go with CeeLo. If I were country or had the kind of cute or insecure young thing image, I'd go with Blake and be thankful for what he did to help me get experience and launch my career. If I were gullible and Adam did one of his sales jobs on me, maybe I'd go with him. :lol:

birdgal
04-20-2012, 05:48 AM
I just think that Chris has a voting base. He kind of came into the competition with one. (Tony Lucca may be in a similar position.)

This may be true. Chris Mann has made a record, as well as Tony Lucca (a few records).

dbell1
04-20-2012, 11:44 PM
I think if you've got the talent to warrent his turning his chair, I wouldn't hesitate to go with Blake simply because he puts his team out there beyond the reaches of the show by putting them in his concerts. The contacts and exposure would have a potential value equal to being the last person standing. His choosing Raylynn, and I think he'll still help her career, was really indicitive of the current crop of young female country singers. Her problem was not her ability to sing, but the affectations she used. I'd be really curious to know what he and Miranda actually told her about doing so. I'm betting they said to temper it and she didn't. It was sort of like Scotty McCreery's use of the microphone last season on AI. He thought it looked cool in spite of older, wiser heads telling him to drop it. 17 yos can be pretty stubborn. You could tell by the expression on her face she totally expected Big Daddy to pick her and he didn't.

Hmm, up until last Monday night at 10:56 I would have said 'yes' to people thinking Blake is the best choice. But, after watching him toss Jordis under the bus and then his former favorite the next night, I'd say he's sort of lost that 'father Blake the protector' role.

Last night Jordis did a u-stream. A few things in the 10 minutes that I watched were interesting. Tony Lucca power voted for her :lol: and she thinks he's awesome. She wanted just 1 chair to turn, but was disappointed Adam didn't turn for her. (So am I and I freaking hope Adam is too. He would have been a better coach for her vocal style.) She defended Raelynn as a 'kickass 17 year old' in response to some comments from the watchers. She thinks Blake won't be calling her to tour. She also thinks Blake will do the most to help Raelynn in the future.

She was really funny, relaxed and talking about her future now that she's out of the bubble. If they don't sign her (the contestants are all under an option), then she'll pursue her career.

Meredith
04-21-2012, 05:28 PM
It's good to know Jordis will continue to pursue her career. She's one of the few artists I remember - and enjoy - from Rockstar.

Thanks for that information dbell1.

skatesindreams
04-21-2012, 05:30 PM
This may be true. Chris Mann has made a record, as well as Tony Lucca (a few records).

He's also been an opening act for Idena Menzel.

heckles
04-21-2012, 06:27 PM
I think if you've got the talent to warrent his turning his chair, I wouldn't hesitate to go with Blake simply because he puts his team out there beyond the reaches of the show by putting them in his concerts.

I suspect he toured with the two singers from last season as a business decision rather than to help them out. Blake has a number of fans who watched The Voice because of him, and he also gained new fans on the show. It's still a great opportunity, though.

Beefcake
04-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Still loving this (www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xMloUOxf8o&feature=player_embedded) from Miss Pavao. Dripping with emotion, and such a unique voice.

taf2002
04-22-2012, 12:10 AM
I still don't see the appeal.

Sassafras
04-22-2012, 12:14 AM
I really do not know anything about Coldplay other than recognizing the name. When Chris started to sing my first thought was "Hey! I didn't know the music from Undercover Boss has words!" :lol:

rfisher
04-22-2012, 12:36 AM
I suspect he toured with the two singers from last season as a business decision rather than to help them out. Blake has a number of fans who watched The Voice because of him, and he also gained new fans on the show. It's still a great opportunity, though.

Oh, I don't doubt that it's really all about business for all four mentors. Adam showcased Maroon 5's new singles both seasons (and made a ton of :bribe: on Moves Like Jagger), Blake continues to be the top male earner in country music and indeed, a lot of people tuned in to watch the Voice because of him. Moreover, he's gained new fans with his humor. The Bromance between he and Adam hasn't hurt either of them financially. CeeLo has his hands in so many different pies with producing other's records as well as making his own. I don't know how much the show has benefited him, but clearly enough for him to agree to take the time to do another season. Xtina is making a ton of money to do this and if she decided to record again, they will give her the showcase. As a solo artist, Blake, more so than Maroon 5, has the greatest opportunity to add new acts. Xtina is not going to share the stage with anybody. :drama: Which is why I love her. :lol: Well, she might let them on, but they'd better stay out of her way because there will be no doubt who is the STAH!

Sassafras
04-22-2012, 01:57 AM
Cee Lo will debut his new single (http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s148/the-voice/news/a377711/cee-lo-green-to-premiere-new-single-fight-to-win-on-the-voice.html) on Monday's show.

Matryeshka
04-22-2012, 03:44 AM
I'd imagine Xtina does this in part because she's a newish mom. It allows her to get a steady paycheck and be home with her baby.

For Raelynn, I think Blake did her a real disservice. Going back, a lot of us had some really positive things to say about her audition. She was fresh, unique, and the anti-Taylor Swift. Then Blake turned her into his fantasy underage ho-down hoochie (emphasis on "ho").

I also wonder if he decided to get rid of Raelynn after Xtina got rid of Jesse. Without Jesse, Jermaine has a MUCH better chance of winning. Erin's also the last true power female vocalist, so she has a good shot. I really think Blake's elimination is based on other's choices.

I thought Jesse's performance was dreadful until the very end. It was flat and unspirited. Also, he's not as charismatic as Jamar or Jermaine, so why not just cut him now? I think from the beginning, Xtina picked Lindsay FTW, and everyone else is just cannon fodder. Ashley would be competition for Lindsay; Chris Mann isn't. Though unlike most here, I like Chris Mann. Like Raelynn, he's gotten a raw deal on the songs he's been given.

Adele's songs must be really cheap. :shuffle:

I'm also beginning to understand Cee-Lo's strategy of giving his team older songs. Objectively, I didn't think Erin's rendition of Fire to the Rain was that bad, but I've heard that songs three times today, and there's just no comparison with the original. With an older song, I think the singers have more of an opportunity to make it their own and be judged more on their own merits.

Beefcake
04-23-2012, 02:57 AM
This giff makes me :lol: (i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/4/20/5gTWuHYWz0mtYovSoJgx8Q2.gif) Xtina's "meh" face is world championship calibre!

The title on the site where I saw it was: "The Bieb's effect on females who aren't 13 years-old."

Rob
04-23-2012, 03:49 PM
For Raelynn, I think Blake did her a real disservice. Going back, a lot of us had some really positive things to say about her audition. She was fresh, unique, and the anti-Taylor Swift. Then Blake turned her into his fantasy underage ho-down hoochie (emphasis on "ho").

ITA, I sort of liked her audition, but it went downhill fast from there.