PDA

View Full Version : The Voice S2 thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

my little pony
04-18-2012, 06:02 PM
he should have bought a cat instead of renting one

heckles
04-18-2012, 06:13 PM
I don't think I could have watched another night of RaeLynn. If she'd just sing without the affected twang and the pouting and stomping!

Blake should have brought Miss Loretta Lynn to teach RaeLynn the art of pleasant twang (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_wwP8UZR1o).

skatesindreams
04-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Chris haters. It's called The Voice, and you cannot fault Chris Mann's voice.

I hope we get to hear him do something where he can use his "trained instrument"; and find out how much he really has to work with.
He's had to work around the need to do "popular"/current material for the competition and has coped well with the challenge.
However, it would be good to hear him "wow" everyone, once, if he can.

Rob
04-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Blake should have brought Miss Loretta Lynn to teach RaeLynn the art of pleasant twang (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_wwP8UZR1o).

For sure. Instead of chewing on every syllable twang.

taf2002
04-18-2012, 07:06 PM

I grew up listening to Loretta Lynn at my grandpa's house. She is so wonderfully camp. Her songs have hysterical lyrics. And her taste in clothes was so horrible.

I hope we get to hear him do something where he can use his "trained instrument"; and find out how much he really has to work with.
He's had to work around the need to do "popular"/current material for the competition and has coped well with the challenge.
However, it would be good to hear him "wow" everyone, once, if he can.

He did do something where he could use his trained instrument. He did "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" & I was less than thrilled with his version. I don't know how anyone thinks they could do better on this song than Art Garfunkle & I wish they wouldn't try. I like Chris's voice but he doesn't seem to know how to sing to pop.

PrincessLeppard
04-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Chris should do Pat Benatar's Heartbreaker. Pat was an opera singer who made the crossover to pop. And Pat is awesome.

Chris should NOT do Love is a Battlefield. Unless he intends to shimmy at his pimp. (Christina?)

genevieve
04-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Chris should do Pat Benatar's Heartbreaker. Pat was an opera singer who made the crossover to pop. And Pat is awesome.

Chris should NOT do Love is a Battlefield. Unless he intends to shimmy at his pimp. (Christina?)

Vicci and Cee-Lo did Love is a Battlefield last year - everyone else needs to stay away :drama: (seriously, if you haven't seen it, go to you tube)

skatesindreams
04-18-2012, 08:07 PM
He did do something where he could use his trained instrument. He did "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" & I was less than thrilled with his version. I don't know how anyone thinks they could do better on this song than Art Garfunkle & I wish they wouldn't try. I like Chris's voice but he doesn't seem to know how to sing to pop.

"Bridge Over Troubled Waters" is "classic pop"; but, not "classical".
Art Garfunkel's version can't be improved upon.
Whoever selected that for Chris made a mistake.

dbell1
04-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Eh, Operabot can't even sing Coldplay well. I want to see him tank on his next song, but even if he does, the 'Mann Army' :rolleyes: will vote him through. He may think he has technique, but he doesn't have soul. I haven't seen him connect with any of his/Xtina's songs. He's too much about the glory note.

Lep - only way I'd vote for him is if he did the "Ooh Ooh" song by Benatar. :lol:

Allskate
04-19-2012, 05:50 AM
She did have the chance to dump Chris - last night.

I meant that she wanted to dump him after the audience vote. I think her least favorite was Jesse, followed by Chris. If she had her way, I think her final two would have been Lindsey and Ashley.

Maybe Xtina should sing "The Prayer" with Chris. That's the type of song I imagine him singing. The kind of stuff Andrea Bocelli and Josh Groban do. I don't think he's really in their league and that's not really my cup of tea, but why not let him do it?

If she's going to change things up with him, I'd actually prefer to see her try having him do something more restrained and see how he sounds then and if he has any capacity for subtlety and nuance and decent phrasing in those kinds of songs. But, I think Xtina is too into power singing to try that.

genevieve
04-19-2012, 03:39 PM
I meant that she wanted to dump him after the audience vote. I think her least favorite was Jesse, followed by Chris. If she had her way, I think her final two would have been Lindsey and Ashley.

Yes, but that was my point. I think Chris was her least favorite, not Jesse, but that Jesse was more of the threat with voters to her top 2, so she eliminated him Monday assuming Tuesday's elimination would be a cakewalk. And voters chose Chris as a direct response to that choice (has she NEVER watched Idol? Audiences do not like being blatantly manipulated :lol: ) Her strategy totally backfired.

Her expression when Chris was announced as the audience save was pretty priceless (as was Adam's :o )

manhn
04-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Unless she really, really loved Ashley and annoying girl, I don't see how Xtina is planning to win. Chris being saved by the viewing public can't just be due to avenging Jesse's departure. Chris is the type of contestant that a lot of the public would like. Ashley and annoying girl would have no chance of winning.

I also wonder what will happen next season. Will anyone "old", talented and with actual stage presence want to be mentored by Blake? Will anyone not willing to follow everything a mentor says want to be mentored by Xtina? After two seasons, you do see a pattern emerge with these judges. When there's a choice, the contestants' decisions will be more informed.

MarieM
04-19-2012, 04:48 PM
I'd go with Blake or Adam ... Just because I would be able to drool over them :)

Aceon6
04-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Unless she really, really loved Ashley and annoying girl, I don't see how Xtina is planning to win. Chris being saved by the viewing public can't just be due to avenging Jesse's departure. Chris is the type of contestant that a lot of the public would like. Ashley and annoying girl would have no chance of winning.

I also wonder what will happen next season. Will anyone "old", talented and with actual stage presence want to be mentored by Blake? Will anyone not willing to follow everything a mentor says want to be mentored by Xtina? After two seasons, you do see a pattern emerge with these judges. When there's a choice, the contestants' decisions will be more informed.

Well, I understand picking Blake this year as his top 2 toured with him last year. For the experienced folks, though, CeeLo or Adam seem to be better mentors. I do admire Xtina's ear in knowing she could help Ashley.

rfisher
04-19-2012, 05:38 PM
I think if you've got the talent to warrent his turning his chair, I wouldn't hesitate to go with Blake simply because he puts his team out there beyond the reaches of the show by putting them in his concerts. The contacts and exposure would have a potential value equal to being the last person standing. His choosing Raylynn, and I think he'll still help her career, was really indicitive of the current crop of young female country singers. Her problem was not her ability to sing, but the affectations she used. I'd be really curious to know what he and Miranda actually told her about doing so. I'm betting they said to temper it and she didn't. It was sort of like Scotty McCreery's use of the microphone last season on AI. He thought it looked cool in spite of older, wiser heads telling him to drop it. 17 yos can be pretty stubborn. You could tell by the expression on her face she totally expected Big Daddy to pick her and he didn't.