PDA

View Full Version : The Voice S2 thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Cheylana
04-18-2012, 03:03 AM
Color me surprised!!!

taf2002
04-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Erin was the only one I enjoyed tonight. I thought she did great but I wish she would wear longer skirts & cover her knees. I didn't care if Lindsey or Ashley was saved. I don't think either had a prayer of winning & I sure won't be buying their CDs. In a few years & some more work I might buy Ashley's. She's more my thing than Lindsey. As for America voting thru two men & no women, I don't think gender had anything to do with it. With what America had to vote for, those two men deserved it. None of the women did a very good job last night except Jordis IMO.

dbell1
04-18-2012, 03:55 AM
Well, I watched and was stunned that Blake grew a pair and got his hearing checked.

I'm not sure what I enjoyed more, the explanation of why Christina kicked someone off her team last night OR RaeLynne's shocked expression when Blake said it was a tough decision and then :kickass: her sequined tortured yodeling to the curb. Toddlers & Tiaras was shocked. Was awesome. And thank you America for not voting for her last night.

Oh, and Blake - I voted for Jordis. You're still dead to me and that excuse was lamer than your mullet days.

manhn
04-18-2012, 03:55 AM
I loved Ashley's Foolish Games--well, maybe not so much her performance, but I friggin love the arrangement. I would love to see Xtina do that exact arrangement!

AragornElessar
04-18-2012, 04:17 AM
Thank you Blake for ending the international torture of us having to sit through another performance from RaeLynn!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

genevieve
04-18-2012, 06:15 AM
This whole evening was full of surprises!

Loved the other judges giving all sorts of :huh: to Xtina's decision to axe Jesse. Also Loved Xtina basically saying "bring it" - and then she let us know her decision was strategy for the endgame. And then America let her know what they thought of her strategy by making her vote off one of her favorites (come on...does anyone NOT think Chris getting top votes was a backlash???) :lol:

Ashley was adorable but that was her weakest performance on the show, while Lindsey gave a quiet intense performance. I hated seeing Ashley go, but it was the right decision.

All that hype about Justin Bieber's new video and they only showed about 20 seconds of it :lol:

Agree with whoever praised the way Blake mentors his team...he really does everything he can to give his singers as much exposure as possible, and in the best possible way. Plus we got to see Jordis again! :saint:

I had assumed JonBenet would be the easy vote win, but right before they announced it I thought wait, I bet it's Jermaine. And then: ((((Erin)))) because no way would Blake NOT keep his little Country Lolita. To be honest, I thought Erin's performance was good but could have been better, while that was the most I've ever liked (or perhaps the least I've hated) RaeLynn :eek: Or perhaps I had just reached the last stage of grief (acceptance) about Erin's fate and was looking on the bright side. So long Er- hey wait, what????!!!! Blake actually eliminated Toddlers n' Tiaras girl?!?!?!? :wideeyes: :respec:

well well well, this show just got my attention back.....

Allskate
04-18-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm voting for team CeeLo.

What if his final two are James and Cheesa? :D He's not that crazy is he?

Spot on critique by Adam on Raylynn.

Except for the part where he blamed Blake. Blake went out of the way to say that he didn't get to hear the sing for your life songs before the show. :lol: I don't think he wanted the blame for RaeLynn's terrible phrasing. I still can't believe Blake didn't save her, though.

I think Xtina had a tough choice and either decision could have been justified. I also had no problem with her decision to cut Jesse, though I did think she chose a bad song for him. I don't quite understand why her decision was so controversial. I think she would have dumped Chris if she had the chance.

genevieve
04-18-2012, 07:54 AM
She did have the chance to dump Chris - last night.

rfisher
04-18-2012, 12:04 PM
I still like TV much better than AI. I've watched AI a couple of times this season and was too bored to finish a show. The overall talent is about the same. The difference is TV's format is much more interesting, the dynamics between the coaches, the strategy of the coaches, and the diversity of the talent base. And you really don't know what's going to happen as Blake and Xtina proved once again. All the singers aren't generic cookie cutters. The individual talent is always variable depending on who auditions. You just never know when there'll be another Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood or Miranda Lambert who came from one of these TV talent shows.

I thought Jordis would be the one this season, but, frankly, she's been underwhelming since her audition round. A reason only one mentor turned their chair around. She should have gone for rocker like Bev did last season.

And, best of all TV gives us Xtina in all her gloriousness. She is who she is and isn't afraid of what people say or think and has the voice deserving of her DIVA status; CeeLo in all his fabulousness (Steven Tyler only wishes he could dress like CeeLo). I can't wait till the finals when he'll pull out all the stops. Blake is funny, the best mentor of the bunch and I love his music. And Adam who is surprisingly polite, smoking hot (long hair or short), gives honest critiques, and, is, well, Adam. I'd watch just on the off chance the mentors sing themselves. I'm :yikes: at the thought of Steven (I never did like his screeching even when he was young enough to do it) Tyler, Jennifer (the Queen of Autotune) Lopez or Randy (does anybody remember I used to play bass for Journey)Jackson singing together or separately.

taf2002
04-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Last year there were several people in the quarter-finals on who I felt could become well-known and/or I would buy their music. And I respected the judges' power of selection more. We all know that Blake doesn't always listen with his ears if there's a cute girl in the mix but the others were much more discerning last year. There are some people, namely Raelynn & James, who never should have gotten this far. No one has what I would call a strong team this year.

skatesindreams
04-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Blake will see that RaeLynn - and whomever he eliminates - gets plenty of exposure/touring.
A record deal is likely already in the works for her. She's hardly worse than several other successful country singers; and appeals to the "young glam" audience.

Erin was underwheming last night.

Rob
04-18-2012, 03:41 PM
THANK GOD! I don't think I could have watched another night of RaeLynn. If she'd just sing without the affected twang and the pouting and stomping!

Beefcake
04-18-2012, 05:18 PM
:eek: The rollercoaster of surprises Monday and Tuesday, this week.

Xtina boots Jesse! :eek:
Chris is the audience save over Lindsey and Ashley! :eek:
Ashley sucks in her final performance! :eek:
Adam looks merely average (Tuesday only)! :eek:

and all of that topped by ...
RaeLynn doesn't win the audience vote! :eek:
And is booted by Blake in favor of Erin! :eek:

:swoon: Loved Lindsey's performance. Like Xtina, I was also moved by it. So pure.

:mad: Chris haters. It's called The Voice, and you cannot fault Chris Mann's voice. :HA!:

Got to ask, :shuffle: as it's one* of the elephants in the room: Witnessing the two boys being the audience's saves, I wonder -- have fast-fingered fangirls now infiltrated and commandeered The Voice, ala American Idol?

*(Cee-Lo's apparent sadness/displeasure about being present being the other.)

my little pony
04-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Got to ask, :shuffle: as it's one* of the elephants in the room: Witnessing the two boys being the audience's saves, I wonder -- have fast-fingered fangirls now infiltrated and commandeered The Voice, ala American Idol?

they should have left it at the later time slot like last yr

genevieve
04-18-2012, 05:55 PM
*(Cee-Lo's apparent sadness/displeasure about being present being the other.)
yeah, what's up with that? He was barely shown on Monday and has just seemed kinda....quiet overall. I'm hoping it's because he knows he's got a really strong team this year and is just biding his time before unleashing a can of whupass next week. (Or maybe he's annoyed at being the afterthought judge - the Adam and Blake bromance has been getting TONS of press, and Xtina creates her own attention :glamor: )