PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, S 14, Week 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

danceronice
04-11-2012, 06:05 PM
She was just okay. She danced first and had the second-lowest score of the night. Meanwhile Gladys Knight had the lowest score, and I could see people (myself included) rushing to their phones to save Gladys and forgetting about Sherri. Plus Val doesn't really have an established fanbase like Maks or Derek or Cheryl.

Well, Gladys is GLADYS KNIGHT....I think she's probably got both a bigger fan base and bigger name recognition. Plus she's doing pretty well for her age, which is usually good for a few points from the viewers (if it's a female celebrity..I can't think of any older men who lasted long except Buzz Aldrin and he set a new high bar for "famous." "Walked on the moon" pretty much trumps...everything, unless they get a US President on.)

Speaking of people who'd want to be on DWTS, allegedly (according to someone on TV Tropes under Crossovers), Captain Sig Hansen of "Deadliest Catch" has expressed interest.

I'd watch it. (Though I honestly don't know how taping would overlap with the fishing season so he might simply not be able to schedule it.)

jkl
04-11-2012, 06:17 PM
I will really miss Sherri. I liked the fact that she wanted to be on the show and truly enjoyed the experience. I do get the impression that some of the "stars" are trying to revive a dying career.:rolleyes:

Aceon6
04-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I will really miss Sherri. I liked the fact that she wanted to be on the show and truly enjoyed the experience. I do get the impression that some of the "stars" are trying to revive a dying career.:rolleyes:

Agree. There seem to be more this year who really want to be there and that may have something to do with the higher quality of the dancing. I remember an interview with Catherine from last year after she sang on the show and she said something to the effect of "I wish I could do that."

DarrellH
04-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Bah! Who are these people who must be voting for Melissa? She has the worst frame I've seen on the show in a while. She was getting slung around like a rag doll this week.

All of Walnut Grove, except Nellie Oleson.

Skate Talker
04-11-2012, 07:26 PM
I don't see why there was so much shock on the part of the presenters and judges - certainly not enough to be going on and on and on and on about it. She seems like a nice lady and certainly seemed to be enjoying herself but I was hardly in awe of her dancing. If the bottom 2 dance off had started this week, it definitely should have been Sherri rather than Rochon so that won't make any difference.

Nan
04-11-2012, 07:40 PM
... except Nellie Oleson.

I really need my eyes checked. I read this as "Ozzie Nelson." :eek:

zaphyre14
04-11-2012, 07:45 PM
I honestly dislike Sherri on and off The View and, if there has to be one larger woman on DWTS, I'd rather it was Gladys Knight.

But once they saved William, I knew Sherri was a gonner. Roshon can dance circles around both of them - and I don't think the producers would want to lose the youth factor this early.

kwanfan1818
04-11-2012, 07:51 PM
But once they saved William, I knew Sherri was a gonner. Roshon can dance circles around both of them - and I don't think the producers would want to lose the youth factor this early.
They might not, but while they certainly have the resources to try to drum up support, even through third-parties, would they manufacture votes if he didn't get them?

Was Roshon definitely in the bottom two? For the next two weeks, the last two standing have to be, for the dance-off, but could Roshon have been included so that his demo doesn't get complacent?

suep1963
04-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Tom did say they were the bottom two

kwanfan1818
04-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks! I fast-forwarded too much...

nubka
04-11-2012, 10:27 PM
All of Walnut Grove, except Nellie Oleson.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WindSpirit
04-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Too many shows to watch, too little time...

Not sure about Katherine, but I'd think Mark's fanbase would pull them through for at least a while. Has he acquired more fans since the last season because his fanbase sure didn't help him then. I think the main (and biggest) reason why people are voting for them is because Katherine is genuinely a very good dancer. She's also likeable (and pretty).

I didn't like Maria Menounos after the first show but I've grown to like her a lot. Her laugh is still horrible but she seems like a great person. She's a good dancer, too.

I'm definitely over Jaleel. He seems full of himself and doesn't really dance that well, either. I agree with someone who said it earlier in the thread that it seemed like both he and Kym tried to overcompensate after the rumors of him losing it in rehearsal.

I couldn't decide if I liked Maks' pants or not. Finally decided they made him look like he was 5. Eek. I wonder if Melissa really had fillers or it's just lots of botox, because her face seemed to look more normal (when and after she was dancing, not in the confessional). When she smiled, she looked almost cute (like she did before she started messing with her face).

Have we ever seen Gavin without a hat? They showed him once without it in a rehearsal. He seems to be balding. I don't care though. He's very sexy. I'm glad he and Gladys were both safe. Tristan and Gavin looked good in guyliner.

Loved Peta's choreography and Donald danced pretty well.

I liked Sherri and I wouldn't mind to see her for a few more weeks. She seemed genuinely nice, down to earth, had an amazing attitude and a great sense of humor, was not a bad dancer and I loved what she said when she was eliminated: "I want to say that to every person out there. That thing that scares you the most, that makes you say I don't know if I can do it, I'm scared -- run towards it because it's so amazing on the other side."

As for Val, I see that after he was eliminated pretty quickly last year, he took all criticism to heart and decided to attend and graduated summa cum laude from Tristan's School of Charm and Chivalry. Classes included "How to treat your partner" and "How to not overdance", as well as "How to not be a dick and still have fun."

pixie cut
04-14-2012, 04:22 PM
As for Val, I see that after he was eliminated pretty quickly last year, he took all criticism to heart and decided to attend and graduated summa cum laude from Tristan's School of Charm and Chivalry. Classes included "How to treat your partner" and "How to not overdance", as well as "How to not be a dick and still have fun."

He said a couple of times "Sherri fought for me to be her partner." I believe he's been acquainted with her for a while, which there was apparently some pre-show scandal about ("Sherri caught cheating"). I don't see the big deal. Maks was on The View a bunch of times and Sherri openly says she took some lessons at their dance studio. The fact that Val knew Sherri before all this began, in my opinion meant he had a genuine affection for her and that showed in how he treated her. It also helps that she wasn't a whiny, complaining diva.

I keep thinking the producers probably want to shoot Gladys Knight. Every clip of her is being nice, working hard and making good humored comments. No fighting, no drama. Just total professionalism. No wonder Tristan is beaming.

skatesindreams
04-14-2012, 04:31 PM
I keep thinking the producers probably want to shoot Gladys Knight. Every clip of her is being nice, working hard and making good humored comments. No fighting, no drama. Just total professionalism. No wonder Tristan is beaming.

It's fun to see.
Such a change from the "usual".

pixie cut
04-14-2012, 04:34 PM
It's fun to see.
Such a change from the "usual".

I love it. Makes me appreciate her dancing that much more. But I fear the producers crave rehearsal drama and will try to instigate something.