PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Anjelica Krylova: "I want beauty"

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Sasha'sSpins
04-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Thank you for posting that awesome interview! I completely agree with Krylova and the state of ice dancing. Her top three are my top three-there's Torvill/Dean, Usova/Zhulin, Klimova/Ponomarenko. I would add '97'98 Grishuk/Platov The Duchesnays-again I agree with Krylova-great for their choreography but their technicque overall was wanting. And then there's every one else that followed. None have ever reached that level imo. None.

jl22aries
04-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Great interview. I love the Russian interviews...they all have a very particular vibe about them. The interviewers seem to ask the blunt questions and the answers seem so much more candid and revealing than other non Russian media outlets. Is that just me?

And Angelina IS gorgeous. She has an elegant beauty and such an interesting face, whenever the camera is on them my eyes go right to her!

Tak
04-10-2012, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the interview!

Im hoping she gets her wish - in the Russian thread there is a rumor going around that some Russian couple is going to Krylova. Im SOOOO hoping its Sin/Zhig. They have so much dramatic potential with the right coach and choreographer. And Id love to see what she could do with them.

ChelleC
04-10-2012, 01:57 AM
Wonderful interview! Thank you so much for the translation.

shine
04-10-2012, 02:09 AM
Thanks so much to the interviewer for doing the interview. It seems that we haven't really heard that much from her since her retirement. I still miss K/O so much and wish they could've competed longer, and wow, I had no idea she had such a lingering injury for that long. But I'm very happy that she has found contentment and success in her coaching career and hope that she'll be able to achieve everything she wants as a coach!

Aussie Willy
04-10-2012, 03:22 AM
Thanks so much for posting the interview. Very interesting to hear her thoughts and also about her injury. Her and Pasquale I think are going to be the next great dance coaching team. They have done a great job with our Australian dance team Dani and Greg who have improved so much over the last 12 months.

blancanieves
04-10-2012, 03:38 AM
http://www.pressball.by/news.php?t=0504&id=76528

- You say, Russian school, English school... And what style do you teach your athletes?

- Of course, Russian, as we were taught. Basics are all ours. I think it's ice dance perfection – edges, stroking, body carriage, beauty. Of course, I want to see it. And when I do not see it, I get angry. And the athletes understand.

Thank you! Keep getting angry Anjelica, and passing on that wonderful knowledge.

walei
04-10-2012, 03:47 AM
Thank you for the translation and I really love Krylova as a coach!

It is a bit sad that Krylova obviously loves Ice Dance but is currently disenchanted by the current scoring rules. Hope she can come up with a way to give her students programs that transcends just doing the elements and bring out the beauty she is looking for.

znhurston
04-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the translation. I really enjoyed reading this interview.

manhn
04-10-2012, 06:17 AM
But I really would like to see Russian ice dancers on top of the podium. And the sooner the better.

I didn't realize Krylova was training Russian skaters. Oh, wait. I mean, really? She'd rather have Russian skaters win over her own skaters? And even if she ends up with a Russian couple, then P&R and W&P are gonna get gypped.

Aussie Willy
04-10-2012, 06:42 AM
I didn't realize Krylova was training Russian skaters. Oh, wait. I mean, really? She'd rather have Russian skaters win over her own skaters? And even if she ends up with a Russian couple, then P&R and W&P are gonna get gypped.
That is rather presumptive isn't it to make that assumption?

Primorskaya
04-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Great interview. I love the Russian interviews...they all have a very particular vibe about them. The interviewers seem to ask the blunt questions and the answers seem so much more candid and revealing than other non Russian media outlets. Is that just me?

And Angelina IS gorgeous. She has an elegant beauty and such an interesting face, whenever the camera is on them my eyes go right to her!

It's not just you. It's a cultural thing. Political correctness really isn't a Russian concept. Make mealy-mouthed answers and people will call BS on you to your face. Personally I love it.:D

Anjelika is perfect, and "I want beauty" is going to be my new catchphrase hehe.

allezfred
04-10-2012, 09:49 AM

Who are P&R? :confused:

Asli
04-10-2012, 10:52 AM

If you look at the whole interview and not just one sentence, she makes it very clear what she thinks Russian skaters used to bring to ice dance in terms of technique and "beauty". She thinks this is missing now and wants it to come back. And so do I. :)

cholla
04-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Who are P&R? :confused:
Péchalat/Rumbzat ?